LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  7:32:15 PM  Show Profile
My Partners...Your Vintage Valentines are being mailed tomorrow.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  05:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda Jo, Just wondering if you have received your package? Maybe today.....Smiles

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  08:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Maddie, You are so right about lost Art. The Quality of the Paper used in some of the Vintage cards I have from the 1940's-1970's is so top Quality! I love the Artwork, I have several artist in my family who visited from Colorado over the Holidays and they absolutely went over each card with a fine tooth comb! I had to drag out the Halloween and Valentines too! and the majority of them were made in the U.S.A. Patty Whipple knows a lot about that, cause she grew up in a print shop as a little girl. it made me so happy that some of the younger family members got interested in Collecting after seeeing mine! I sent them home with some that belonged to our Grandmother, that made them so much more Special!!

Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:31:12 PM  Show Profile
i haven't received anything yet.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  4:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie :) Yes the detail in some the cards I have is gorgeous. Did you ever see European cards? Even their cards today are gorgeous, especially the German & French ones.

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  7:47:41 PM  Show Profile
I'll be mailing mine out just a little later....on Friday,
Jan. 27th.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Jan 24 2012 7:48:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  12:06:59 AM  Show Profile
I mailed mine out yesterday...and I tucked a modern Valentine Postcard in with the beautiful
Vintage ones...just to show the non-comparison. The modern ones leave so much to be desired
compared to the Vintage.

Madeline...I would love to see some of the German and French ones. I bet they are Breath-taking.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  11:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy!

I recieved my package in the mail today. Just wanted to let you know that it made it here, but i'm going to wait until Valentines to open it. I will send mine out around the 1st.

You have beautiful handwriting!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  1:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Beth the box came today. thank you! everything is so beautiful. i used to do stained glass and love the heart with chimes, i also like chimes. you hit the jackpot on the valetines. i don't know what's with the antique stores here. No spoons, no teacups and no valentines. it gets discouraging. i do love vintage images-thank you very much. i hope to get back this evening and post a picture so everyone can see what has arrived. you outdid yourself.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:19:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow...Emily that was fast...the post office must be bored after the Holidays! Ha Ha!!!

Neat Idea to wait until Valentines (or around then...I would want them out to enjoy myself).
I already have my house decorated for Valentines Day. Obviously I don't do a lot...but I do
enjoy celebrating every Holiday. When Christmas comes down, Valentines goes up, when that comes
down Easter goes up. My mom always did that...and it was one of the only shows of sentimentality
she showed. She rarely celebrated our birthdays but every Holiday was acknowledged.

I give my mom credit for passing on 4 things that make me...ME!

1. Her love of reading/I love to read also
2. Her love of gardening/I love to garden both veggies and flowers
3. Her love of decorating for Holidays/Me too!
4. Her love of keeping a clean home and lovely yard/me too, even if I now have to
pay people to help me achieve them both.

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:05:11 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Your Valentines just made my day today! Tt was a dark, cloudy, cold day in Tennessee and I have a sore throat. Made myself a cup of Tea and opened your cards. Thank you so much! I love to wonder, who the people were, who mailed them all those years ago and what it was like where they lived! I love the Heart shaped note pad,and the Mary Engelbreit Card. Your package Today was much appreciated! and loved! I will add yours to my shadow box table where my other ones are. I am like you, I grew up in a home where we decorated for all Hoildays too! My Christmas Tree is still up! My husabnd and I have both been sick a lot, so we are behind, but I have enjoyed the tree during this dreary January! I mailed out my valentines this morning!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Connie...glad you got it and liked it. I think Tammy C has me hooked now on Vintage Post Cards...but Particulary Valentines ones. I like all things heart shaped! Even rocks off the ground. If I find a heart
shaped one...into my pocket it goes. I have quite a collection of them.

Isn't it wonderful how our Farmgirl Packages seem to arrive JUST when we need a Little Bright Spot in our
Day?

living loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  6:02:31 PM  Show Profile

I received another BEAUTIFUL valentine today from my swap partner Ginny! This is such a gorgeous card, so delicate and very very vintage. I only have one or two similar to this one and am so excited to add another to my collection! It arrived with a sweet handmade valentine...I love handmade Valentines too!

Thank you so much Ginny!!!

Love and Hugs,

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,

Just wanted to say I'm so glad to see you receiving your beautiful cards...I love reading all the posts and seeing the pictures!

I mailed all my packages out today...post office said they should arrive Saturday.

I'm glad I was able to share my love of vintage cards with all of you...as soon as I have a free minute, I would like to post photos of some of my all time favorite vintage cards (not necessarily
Valentines but really cool cards).

Hope all are having fun with this swap,

Hugs, Tammy

Edited by - tammyc on Jan 25 2012 6:10:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  8:44:55 PM  Show Profile
this is what came in the mail today from Beth. Thank you Beth, i love it all! nice to see all the pictures of the pretty valentines from everyone.

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  9:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Valentine packages Connie and Linda! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  09:53:02 AM  Show Profile
Linda Jo...thanks for posting pix. Really Nice!

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile

I thought I would show you farmgirls a just a few of my favorite postcards. The first one is my all time favorite a beautiful 3-D German Easter card that was embellished with the two hanging scenes...one is a mirror! The other two cards are just funny Valentines...if you can't read the one it says Dr. Handsome...Beauty Expert...hahaha!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  12:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Oooooohhhhh those are cool. Love the first two the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  5:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,

Your happy valentines day package arrived today. I love the vintage postcard! I, too, wonder who the people were who write on these old cards. Thank you also for the "modern" postcard, the heart shaped notebook, and the sweet valentine card you wrote to me. The stickers decorating the package and card were fun, too. My little guy (14 months) kept saying dog when he saw the sticker on the package. I was so pleasantly surprised to receive your fun package today. Thank you!!! Hoping to get mine together this weekend, I'll post when it's sent out.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  6:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Mailed my partner's packages today, they should arrive soon.

Tammy, thanks for sharing the photos of a few of your
favorite vintage valentines. I love the German ones, they
are so comical. The Easter one is very fancy and decorative.
You have me hooked on "Vintage" now!

What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  02:27:04 AM  Show Profile
Anne...glad to hear that you got it. Twas such a fun swap to do. Maybe we can talk
Tammy into hostessing another Vintage PostCard "Something or Another". I'm hooked
now.

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  02:32:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ginny :) I mailed you your card the same time as Tammy, have you received it ? Please let me, so I may send another, if you haven't gotten it ;)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, Thank you so much for the crafty supplies you sent to me..I can use the paper trimmings and other paper pieces for a lot of the crafting I do...Glad you liked your vintage valentines...In the little town that I live, there is no place to purchase fun things like that either..I have to find things on ebay and such...Thanks again for all wonderful supplies...Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  4:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Patricia, I received your 3 vintage valentine's in
today's mail. They were all cute and fun to see what the
children in the past exchanged on Valentine's Day.
Fun exchange Tammy, thanks again for hosting it.

What I make with my
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Vintage Valentine Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page