Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Late closing, early move-in :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Late closing, early move-in :) Next Topic  

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  05:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Well, gals...closing didn't happen last week. At the last possible moment, the county decided there were again changes they wanted to make in the plat map. We were really bummed out.

BUT!

The seller (the sweet wonderful man that he is) has decided he's through waiting on the county and is REALLY frustrated that its taking this long (when they keep telling him its just going to be one more day...one more day...) so he decided last Friday that we should just move in EARLY!

Of course we have to sign an early move in agreement and all that legal mumbo jumbo. I'm really excited to do this! We've already been up there since Nov 30th doing work on the place (which he's stopped in to check on and we've had such lovely conversations with him) but now we can move furniture in and get appliances and eventually stay over night and AHHHH! I am really hoping the actual closing isn't delayed too much longer because it would be nice to say its officially ours...but gosh I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy that the seller is trusting us to move in EARLY.

If you go to my farm blog (first one listed in my signature) and read the last couple weeks of posts, you can see lots of pictures of what we've done to the place...more to come!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:07:09 AM  Show Profile
That is so wonderful! You got lucky with having such a great seller.
I have been following along on your blog and I love the choices in colors and floors that you have made!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:14:29 AM  Show Profile
My husband was commenting last night how much this was like the first house we bought eleven years ago when we were first married. Closing got delayed and the seller let us move in early and have our wedding gift opening/party and everything right at the house before the house was even ours! She actually ended up building a house right next to the house she sold us and was our neighbor until she passed away. I love small town folk. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:24:57 AM  Show Profile
Amy - that looks like a great place! Congratulations. Wish I could come party in the hay loft - but, uh, Louisiana is a bit of a distance! :)

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:26:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I can't believe you've had the same thing happen before! At least you have good seller luck, even if you have bad closing time luck :)

~jess
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:26:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh how fun!! I can feel your excitement all the way to Ga. I am so happy for you. ANd the place looks amazing! I can't wait to see more. And can I come and live in your barn??? I LOVE that barn. Have fun moving and get that tree up!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Late closing, early move-in :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page