Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 My farm is for sale in Eastern WA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic My farm is for sale in Eastern WA Next Topic  

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  3:10:39 PM  Show Profile
I have a wonderful 10 acre farm on the Palouse and due to unforeseen family circumstances we need to sell it. It is a wonderful place and we have put our heart and soul into. It is out on the Palouse, near the Baron Flour Mill and the town of Oakesdale. In the seven years we have lived here, we have fixed it up so that it would be self-sustaining and very user-friendly for us in our old age. We have heated and insulated the 2-car garage. All buildings have new roofs. The BIG 2-story farmhouse has central heat and air and so does the 2-story shoppe. The house has 5 bedrooms and 2 baths, with a grow-room in the basement for early starts on the garden. The shoppe is what we used for my husband's printing business. There is an office upstairs. Downstairs is perfect for any home-business. It also has a mud-room, bathroom with toilet and urinal and a washer and dryer and plenty of counter space. Across from the shoppe is the "Cowboy Hilton," our bunkhouse/guest house. It is a wonderful place for guests. The barn is done over for horses, with 4 large stalls and too much to list. The loft is set up for meetings or homeschooling. There are 4 church pews and plenty of tables and chairs and a screen for movies. We have decorated it with implements from days gone by (things we found on the farm). The machine shed is great for equipment and hay storage. Inside it also has a heated workshop. The pastures are fenced with non-climb and electric. We hay our pastures for our livestock. There are 3 run-in sheds for horses, steers and hay storage on "Rock Hill" and for sheep or goats, we have a shelter with built-in feeders on "Goat Hill." We also have a wonderful "stylish" chicken coop with a separate yard for the chickens. The chicks have a door in the fence allowing them access to 7 acres of pasture. There is an 8 foot path around the perimeter of the property, for riding or walking. There are two sturdy wooden bridges (strong enough for our tractor) on the East and West ends of the property, crossing over a seasonal creek. As I said, we have tried to think of everything. There is a lot of equipment that we will let go with the farm, for the right price. I hate to leave, but family needs us elsewhere. I would be happy to send photos to anyone interested. carolyn@promisedlandranch.com We are selling "by owner." This would be a wonderful place for weddings and/or a Bed & Breakfast. It would also lend itself well to a farm or craft faire -- lots of parking space. I have many unrealized dreams for this place. Maybe they could be your dreams too...

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Edited by - Caroline Sunshine on Dec 08 2011 3:14:20 PM

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  4:00:55 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like a wonderful place Carolyn. I love the area around Oakesdale and we've thought about moving there, but for right now our jobs keep us where we are. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll find a buyer for such a great place.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  11:09:52 AM  Show Profile
This sounds great!...Good luck to you. I am sure it wont take long for you to sell.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile
My! That sounds like a fabulous place. Sounds like you shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer, it sounds move in ready.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks - it IS "move-in" ready and has so many possibilities. We fell in love with the place, even when it was junky, unfenced and without a real "plan." We have worked for 7 years to get it "just so." We are at the point where we are ready to fix up the house and now we must leave.
I am hoping that just the right person will see it and fall in love, just as we did. Thanks again, Carolyn

Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  10:03:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot -- if anyone would like to see photographs (even if you are not in the market) -- send me an email. The description is nice, BUT "a picture is worth a thousand words!" C.

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic My farm is for sale in Eastern WA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page