medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  8:01:43 PM  Show Profile
Recently I was put on a very heavy dose of antibiotics. I usually get a love yeast infection from the killing of all the good bacteria. But this time I had an external yeast infection.. won't go into a lot of details.
It was in the middle of the night when I realized that I had it and I wasn't going to drive 30 miles to Walgreens for medication. I remembered I had a bottle of Gentian Violet that I keep on hand for various fungal infections.. so I dabbed it on the affected area and made sure none of it went internal. All was going good and the treatment seemed to work quickly. It worked so well so quickly that in the morning when I went to the bathroom I nearly died. All my girl parts there were a dark purple! Then I remembered..ah yes. I did it myself.

One of the other stuff I use the purple stuff for is ringworm. It's good as long as it isn't on your face.
I'm not sure what else Gentian Violet can be used for.. if you know anything else please share it.

Cyn

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  8:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Cynthia, Toooo Funnnnnieee! I can imagine the fear of looking down!! Thanks for the laugh! Farmgirl #946 Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh and to think I read this and thought I needed to go buy some ( I too suffer from yeast overgrowths). Then I finished reading and don't think I'm ready for purple body parts! Too funny.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  04:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Been there, and lied to an employer. "I don't know who would put purple marker on a toilet seat."

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  11:07:07 AM  Show Profile
OMG! You guys are cracking me up! But is there something you can use that won't turn you purple?

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.

Edited by - acairnsmom on Dec 11 2011 11:07:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  05:19:36 AM  Show Profile
When my 1st child had thrush, the dr told us to paint the inside of his mouth with it to help the infection. I was nursing him at the time. I forgot he had a purple mouth, looked down and freaked out! I just knew my nipples were falling off..lol!

Thanks for the info!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  05:30:52 AM  Show Profile
my friend used it on herself when nursing and her baby just about freaked out :) She had to nurse her inthe dark for awhile :)

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/brooktroutwife
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Gentian Violet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page