Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Guess what I got for $10 !!! (Pictures added)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Guess what I got for $10 !!! (Pictures added) Next Topic  

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  5:48:26 PM  Show Profile
A White 365 sewing table! Everything is metal and it weighs a ton! I did a search on ebay and found one for $400 and another that was just the machine for like $265 or something!!!

Now...the questions. Anyone own one of these or know how to thread it? It's different than my Brother. I'll post a picture as soon as I find my darn digital camera.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Edited by - FlipFlopFarmer on Aug 24 2006 09:07:09 AM

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  6:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow! What a find Carla. Have fun with your new "toy!" Can't wait to see a photo!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  12:24:59 AM  Show Profile
COOL!!!

Handmade purses, home decor, and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  04:14:48 AM  Show Profile
THAT sure is a great find,where did you find it? Is there a sewing center near you that could show you how to thread it, or contact the WHITE company and ask for their instruction booklet that comes with the machine.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
what a find. that sounds great! i've had some luck downloading lost(say it aint so) instruction booklets on the computer, either from my printer or just putting them on my favorites.
love
fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  2:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
good find I hope you have lots of fun with your new toy.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  1:33:52 PM  Show Profile
I found it at a thrift shop near me. No manual but I did order one on line.

I may have to go back to the thrift store and see if I can locate a digital camera...I can't find mine. I know it's around here "somewhere". I'll post when I find it.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  10:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful Carla! Happy sewing to you!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Here it is Farmgirls. Apparently this thing can sewing through several folds of leather like it's butter!

I can't wait to get the manual I ordered for it.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  9:47:46 PM  Show Profile
I'll bet it can Carla! Looks like it's built like a tank! LOL Thanks for sharing!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  10:21:50 PM  Show Profile
That looks exactly like the machine my grandma had in her kitchen when I was a kid. How neat! She sewed through layers of denim all the time and loved that machine. I think my mom (who dosn't sew) has it now.
You are going to love it. Seeing it really brings back memories of watching my grandma sew!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  05:07:17 AM  Show Profile
Now that is a sewing machine!!! It looks like it will handle anything that comes it's way. $10? You got the deal of the century!! Let us know how it sews- as soon as you get the manual! :)

Karin
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  1:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Got the manual and thank goodness I did. I never would have guessed how to thred this thing the way it does. Very cool though. It's a lot more versatile than I thought it was.

I'm having a little trouble with getting the tension just right though. If the top thread pulls through the bottom that means that the bottom tension is too low and/or the top is too tight right? I've tried tightening the bottom and and loosening the top a tad and the top thread still pulls through the bottom. Not sure what I'm going wrong here. I've not had a problem on my current machine. Could it be something wrong with the machine?

I'm sure I'll figure it out. It definately has some power to it. Built like a tank!!!

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you can take it in to get serviced they could fix anything wrong if there is.
It just sounds like you need to play with the tension more.
I would tighten the top more and leave the bottom alone only mess with one tension at a time.
Other wise you are not sure which is getting better or worse.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  6:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Just watched the same sewing machine I just bought for $10 go on ebay for $385 + shipping!!!

I don't know ladies....I like the sewing machine but it's tempting to put it up on ebay!

I figured out the tension issue. It was a "PEBSMAC" problem. "Problem existed between sewing machine and chair" In other words...It was me! Works like a charm now.

Well, I'm off to sew through 7 pairs of jeans...cuz I can!!!

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Guess what I got for $10 !!! (Pictures added) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page