Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmhouse news!! Next Topic  

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  8:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Well we finally moved into the farmhouse!! yay! Unfortunetly its a complete mess!!! all my stuff is in boxes or just placed somewhere around the house. We spent all day Sat. walking stuff from my little apartment next to the house, to the house and then moving my dads stuff to the apartment....what a day!! so we are sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and we dont have a shower which is driving me nuts!! we have already had a light socket smoke while i was trying to clean and change light bulbs, so an electrician will be out tomorrow to fix some lights! We took some pictures of the house so ill post them soon!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  9:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Leah WOOOOOHOOOO and yay for you. Farm house life is always full of those unexpected adventures. The day we moved in we didn't have water and had to get it fixed ASAP. Good thing we are on a farm and could use the "outhouse". Please post some pics. Very glad and happy for you.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  02:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Leah,
I am so happy for you!!!! That is wonderful!!!! Yes please post the pictures when you get a chance!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  05:57:09 AM  Show Profile
Leah, that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you. Good luck w/ everything and have fun.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  06:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Leah! Great news. Keep us posted on how things are going. I am sure that every day is going to be an adventure!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  2:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Leah,

Congratulations! How exciting for you. Can't wait to see pictures.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  2:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I hope you enjoy your new home.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  10:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the move-in! It can be disconcerting to have all of your things in boxes, but what fun to be in your farmhouse!!! YAY!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
ah im back! i have been without internet at the farm and i have some free time in between classes. Ill get my pics loaded on my computer so i can show you the distaster in the house!! haha...its like a tornado went through. We had the electrician come out the day before yesterday to look at that light socket that was smoking and had him replace that one and another one and 2 plug ins and 3 light switches....we had the old push button kind and they didnt work anymore. we also had him look at the fuse boxes in the basement and he said it was in better condition than most old farmhouses he has seen, so that was reasuring, however Frank has a lot of electronics and we cant use some of them at the same time for fear of overloading it...so thats a bummer. We had thought of rewiring the whole house because NOTHING is grounded, but it would cost at least $10,000 and we just dont have that kind of money.

Thanks ladies for your comments!! Im so excited to get the house in ship-shape condition!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by - sugarsfarm on Aug 23 2006 11:32:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:35:45 PM  Show Profile
these are exciting times .. and i bet you will look back on them fondly! congrats!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  11:49:20 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I can only imagine how excited, but at the same time tired, you are. Enjoy every minute and take lots of pictures!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmhouse news!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page