Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 A Happier, healthier, Finn at home!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic A Happier, healthier, Finn at home! Next Topic
Page: of 4

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  07:30:11 AM  Show Profile
Hugs for you, prayers for Finn, and love for both of you.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  07:36:10 AM  Show Profile
He is a real cutie!!! Sending prayers for all of you.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  08:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
That's wonderful news Jonni! My old dog was really sick once and the vet wanted to put her down...she was very sick and very dehydrated. I said absolutely not! The only thing she would take in was red Gatorade. That and her antibiotics did the trick. That was 5 years ago and I still have her. Maybe you should try the Gatorade... I know my dog just lapped it up.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  08:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, everyone--
My vet is so amazing--always a wonderful advocate for our pets, and encourages us to take an active role in their care. I am so grateful that they didn't just say, "oh, you know, he's really sick, you should consider euthanasia" but actually made an attempt to make him better.

I'm just waiting for the second he comes home. And he will. Last night, I looked at Finn's canine brother and sisters and they all are aging, right before our eyes. Our Rose, the German Shepherd, seems to get more gray by the day. I was happy to see that noone tried to lay in Finn's place in the kitchen, but walked around it, looking, sniffing, trying to figure out "where" he is.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  09:39:03 AM  Show Profile
Will keep praying for him. Hope the recovery keeps coming and he will be able to come home soon. So glad to here such fantastic news.

Hugs
Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Linda--do keep sending those prayers skyward. They are keeping him tonight, then will bring him home tomorrow. Can't be soon enough, but at the same time, I am very grateful he is under watchful eye and, if something happens, he can be cared for immediately.

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni, I am so glad for the good news. Finn continues to be in my prayers. We all need some positive news here on the forum and by golly I believe this will be it. Finns coming home!!!!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  11:28:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad to be able to provide some good news, for sure. I am so sorry for all of us who've lost pets recently--it is SUCH a heartbreak and believe you me, I know how lucky I am that Finn is improving. I don't take these little souls for granted! Everyone's good wishes and good thoughts have kept me from really going off the deepend with worry.

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  12:27:40 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to hear that he is doing better and will be coming home to you tomorrow!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  7:51:11 PM  Show Profile
jonni i was so happy ro come on and see your post. happier days for you and finn

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  06:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I hope you get to bring Finn home today. I'm off to Alee's neck of the woods for a company Christams party so I'll be out of touch for a few days. I'm still praying for your good boy Finn that he'll have a complete recovery!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Update 2:

Finn can't come home today...his values haven't improved and he hasn't eaten since Monday. I'm going over on my lunch hour to try to entice him with tuna (he loves stinky fish) and they've started him on a new antibiotic. This infection has settled in his liver and seems to want to stay there. He is still on fluids and this new antibiotic. They won't release him until he's level and though I miss him and I'm very afraid now, I do believe he's in good hands.

Thanks all for your prayers and thoughts--keep em coming. And have a great time at your party, Audrey!!! Safe travels!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni- I am so sorry that he is not doing as well as we all had hoped. Perhaps he is just not eating because he misses being home. Hopefully your stinky fish gift will help (Sky was the same way!) I hope that he rebounds from this quickly!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:42:32 AM  Show Profile
Rats Jonni! I wanted Finn to be home for the weekend. My vet always told me to feed Mackrel to my cats when they wouldn't eat, said it was the smelliest fish around. Just a thought. And don't give up hope! Hobbs had elevated liver values for about 10 years with little outward effect. We had him on 175 mg of Milk Thistle and 1000 mg of Vitamin E once each day to help his liver out (per Vet recommendation). His values remained elevated but were relatively stable (up until his last blood test, then they determined he had cancer) after we started the MT & E. Might want to ask your vet about it.

Thanks for the thoughts for my journey to Montana. I hope I can at least check in tomorrow to see if he's better.

{{hugs}}
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jonni, I'm so sorry! *Hugs* I hope the tuna does the trick and maybe him getting a chance to spend a little time with you will help him get back on the mend.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  7:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Still keeping you and Finn in my thoughts...hope this is just a temporary delay and he'll be home in a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6633 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6633 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  05:26:47 AM  Show Profile
Keep wishering in his ear that you love him and encourage him to take some bites of his favs! Livers can sometimes recover from the worst attacks better than other organs so hopefully this is a temporary situation. WE are all out here pulling for him. I am sure the vet is doing all that they can so we just have to hold him up for healing and keep positive. Send us an update when things change. If there is not a t-shirt with your smell on it in his cage, be sure to leave one there so he has the comfort of your scent with him at all times.

Winnie
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  06:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, Still praying that he will be home and healthy soon. Hang in there!!
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am still praying for Finn that he makes a speedy recovery so he can get back to where he belongs. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:52:26 AM  Show Profile
i am so hoping he is doing ok? how are you? hugs sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Update 2:

I can't tell you enough how much your good wishes mean to me--it's been beyond difficult having him gone from home, and knowing that there is a possibility that he might not come home. He was supposed to come home yesterday (Saturday afternoon) but he began vomiting food and water, and had a very high temperature, which is "new"...but this morning, I received a call and said he'd kept food and water down all night, his temp was gone, his spirits were high and "if" he maintained this, he would be able to go home tomorrow (Monday). So, you're prayers for healing have worked, and this boy of mine will come home soon. The house just isn't the same--gosh, I am not the same, without him. Today I cleaned the house top to bottom to make things comfy-cozy for him, washed his bed, and his rug he likes to lay on so that all is ready for him to come home to.

@Sherry, I am getting better--this has been a challenging week to say the least, and the car issue wasn't as serious as we thought, so it cost much less, but it dawned on me that having that be so easy, might be a tradeoff for my Finn getting better in the "karma" of things so I'm 180% positive it was all you farmgirls, sending him your love and prayers that counterbalanced my good luck scale.

Thank you girls. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  3:45:47 PM  Show Profile
What great news! It sounds like he's turned the corner, and I'm so happy for you.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:07:45 PM  Show Profile
well yipee happy days for you and finn. i am so happy to come here and read this. so keep us posted sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful news to hear Jonni! I am so happy for you and Finn! You must take a picture of the two of you together.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy to hear the good news, keeping those prayers going. Glad to hear that you are holding up well, I know how tough it can be.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic A Happier, healthier, Finn at home! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page