Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anybody else read a cookbooks like novels?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anybody else read a cookbooks like novels? Next Topic
Page: of 2

cindi
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

cindi
sedalia mo
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  2:50:39 PM  Show Profile
has anyone read the "hanna swenson" mysterys by joanne Fluke? She owns a cookie shop in MN. Or Goldie bear mysterys by something Davidson?
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  5:54:54 PM  Show Profile
i adore cookbooks .. and cook book'lets' .. i must have a million of them! i especially love cookbooks that tell stories.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  9:59:22 PM  Show Profile
Count me in too. I love trying new recipes and some of the cookbooks now are so beautiful. I love the ones with info about the produce or other ingredients. I bought a breads book (more like the Bible of bread making) at a library used book sale and have been reading it over the summer. Now, I have to decide which one to start with. I haven't made yeast bread before and it has a great section for beginners. Now all I need a quiet day to try it out.
Go to Top of Page

lurban
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Vermont
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  3:38:02 PM  Show Profile
Cindi
If you love those mysteries, try Jerrilyn Farmer's mysteries featuring caterer Madeline Bean.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Here are two cookbooks that really are books: The Book Lover's Cookbook by Shaunda Wenger and Janet Jensen and Hallelujah - The Welcome Table by Maya Angelou. They are both full of stories and recipes that go with the stories.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Sep 18 2006 4:05:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Anybody else read a cookbooks like novels? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page