acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Hobbs 9/27/1996 11/3/2011

Thank you sweet Hobbs for your love and faithfulness. You are a good boy and I will always love you.

My heart is breaking. My dear sweet wonderful boy didn't make it. He had a major set back last night and went into cardiac and respritory arrest. They pulled him back and we were able to be with him for several hours this morning but his prognosis was too bad and we made the painful choice to let him go. DH was with me and his personal vet came to the hospital he was at and stayed with us while we let him go. I got to hold him in my arms for his last few moments on earth and kissed and hugged him as he transitioned into heaven.

It's been a rough couple of days. I'm signing off for the night and want to just be with my DH and tell good stories of my boy. Thank you all again so much for letting me share my grief.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

Edited by - acairnsmom on Nov 03 2011 3:43:58 PM

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:56:02 PM  Show Profile
{{{{ Audrey }}}}

I am SO SORRY for your loss! Hobbs was a real cutie!!! He will always be in your heart.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  4:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Audrey, I am so sorry he didn't make it. He's a cute dog and looks like he was full of life. And he had a wonderful life. Just cherish all the memories right now. Sending hugs.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:17:21 PM  Show Profile
He will be waiting for you, when your time comes, and now he is still watching over you in spirit, you will hear him, smell him and feel him , as long as you need to, he will never completly leave you on this earth...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Audrey:
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with Tina, I couldn't have said it better!
Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Audrey,
I'm so, very sorry . . . pets are SOOOOOO special and hard to let go of. He looks like quite the guy!
Praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  7:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Audrey - I am so very sorry for your loss - I know that pain and all I can say is my arms are around you to comfort you, my heart breaks for your fresh pain you are experiencing and my tears are flow freely for the joy you will remember of your sweet Hobbs once you can pass thru this sarrow. Please know you are loved and will be in my thoughts and prayers. You where blessed to have such a wonderful spirit in your world.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  9:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Audrey - I am sooo sorry to hear about Hobbs. I had been praying for the both of you. I had Hobbs on my mind all day wondering how he was doing. Trust that you will see Hobbs again. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  9:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Oooooh! Noooooo!!! Audrey!!! I am sooo sorry! My heart is just breaking for you. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Like Julie, I had been thinking of you and Hobbs all day, and had really hoped and prayed we'd have a report of good news. How heartbreaking! God love and bless you and your family! May all the joy Hobbs brought to your hearts carry you through this most difficult time. I'm so, so sorry! Big hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:10:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm so very sorry for your loss of dear Hobbs. He sounds like he was the companion of a lifetime. You did everything you could and made the very difficult, but right choice in the end. Now he feels no pain, and he'll see you again someday.

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:18:39 PM  Show Profile
((((hugs)))
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  05:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Audrey I am so very very sorry, I know the pain you are feeling and my heart aches for you and your family. Take comfort in knowing that he is in a wonderful place and that you gave him an outstanding life.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  06:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Audrey, Thank you for posting the photo of Hobbs. What a darling boy. I'm so sorry for your loss, and be glad to know that he didn't suffer for very long and that you did everything possible to keep him safe. He will always be with you in your heart.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  08:27:18 AM  Show Profile
Audrey, I'm so sorry that your sweet boy passed away. Wishing you comfort and peace in your time of loss

(((((hugs)))))

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  08:42:32 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all. Yes, my heart aches today with his loss. He was my constant companion for many, many years. I was able to be a "stay at home Mom" to him for many years and even when I had to go back to work we were both blessed that he could come with me and be the office dog. I walked him daily unless the snow was 3 feet tall or if I was sick and most days he got two walks a day. Everywhere I went he was by my side. DH acknowledged last night that he was my dog and always had been, even the warehouse manager in our office called him a "momma's boy".

I realized this morning that he loved life to the full. Everyday was a new adventure for him with new odors to smell and new territory to "claim" and fresh love to give his people. There was nothing complicated about Hobbs and he claimed the heart of almost everyone he met. We should all live our lives with that attitude. He wasn't a perfect dog, but his flaws also became endearing to me. I used to tell people I got a small dog so I could spoil him rotten and spoil him I did, but he never was a brat. He was the best mannered dog I've had.

I know I gave him the best life he could have ever wanted. In return I got unconditional love and constant companionship. He brought me out of my shell and helped me to meet new people, he gave me a purpose and a reason to smile. He took my focus off of ME. I know he is waiting for me and it won't be all that long until we are reunited (I'm in my late 50's after all). He's getting to know my other departed pets and they are sharing stories of living with DH & me. I have so many precious memories of what we did together and they are spilling over in my mind. His joy and love will always be with me and I will love him everyday of my life.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I am finding great comfort here and I know you understand my sorrow.

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  08:48:37 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  10:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sweetie, I am so very sorry for your loss, I know that the pain is great right now, and my arms are around you, it is so hard to loose our furbabies. I understand, and know his memory will always be with you and part of you...thank you for sharing the pictures, he was so adorable.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  10:59:56 AM  Show Profile
I posted this on your prayer request "Oh, I was so elated reading your earlier posts, then your last just left me crestfallen. I'm so sorry that the surgery was more than he could bear. Your loss is felt deeply. I'm so sorry for you, for your family and for little Hobbs. He was well loved--Godspeed, little one"

I'm so sorry that this has happened, but seeing his pictures, that lovely furry face really does make me smile. I know that he did that for you for many, many years and will for many to come, even though he's now romping through the wide fields in the heavens.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  12:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh Audrey.... As I am re-reading the posts here, my tears are falling. Then I see more pictures of Hobbs and then I am smiling and laughing through my tears. What a handsome and happy boy he must of been. Thank you for sharing the pictures of Hobbs with us. My prayers are with you.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog. His pictures show what a happy boy he was. Wow 15 years is a long life for most dogs. Every day will get a little easier,I have been in your shoes many times over the years and it still hurts some days.

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Audrey! I am so sorry that Hobbs didn't make it. That is so heartbreaking.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  12:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you sweet ladies! Yes, Hobbs was always a happy guy and so full of life. He honestly lived life to the fullest. We were never blessed with children so all of our love that would have gone that way got funneled into this little guy and he just soaked it all up. He led a blessed life, when he was young and I had to work DH's mother took him during the days. When she passed I was able to be a stay at home mom for him and then like I shared when I had to go back to work again, it was at the same office as DH and we were able to bring Hobbs with us everyday (we said he was head of Security). There were only a few days due to 3' snow storms or his knee surgeries last year that he didn't get at least one walk a day. Being an only dog for so many years he never had to share the attention and all of the love we had went directly to him. He in turn loved us back deeply and unconditionally. He was my constant companion and his memories are everywhere I turn. He had an extraordinary life and DH and I have no regrets that we didn't pet him enough or love him enough or pay attention to him enough. Our only regret was that it was for such a short time. Yes, 15 is a good age for any dog but you all know how quickly that goes by for us humans.

My neice just sent me an email and shared that Hobbs was the most loved dog she had ever known (and she has 2 herself) and I believe that to be a 100% true statement. Anyone who got to know Hobbs came to love him and he has many people grieving his loss, not just me and DH.

I know you all have suffered the loss of one (or more) of your sweet pets and it means so much to me that you are sharing in my grief. I just can't tell you how much comfort I've gotten here. I know I always dreaded reading one of these types of posts before because you never really get over your own losses and these posts bring it all back, but I thank each and everyone of you for reading and commenting.

Please give each of your loved ones extra pettings, attention and love. You can never give them more than enough.

{{{{{hugs back}}}}}
Audrey

Edited by - acairnsmom on Nov 05 2011 12:33:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  12:26:44 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for your loss. My beagle turned 10 in august and I was looking at him. He has gray all over his face now. I was thinking I bet he will not be with us much longer. He seems like he has slowed down alot lately. I remember the day my son and I went to pick him out. He is part of the family. He rides to the bank with me every day and they give him a doggie treat. I know you miss your Hobbs. If anything happens to my Willy I know I would cry a bucket full. Prayers for you.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  12:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda, thank you for your sweet post. Treasure the days you have with your beagle boy! Even if he had the same amount of time left that he already has lived it will never be enough! The dogs of my childhood were beagles, I can still remember them with their noses to the ground and their tails up like flags. Hug and kiss Willy for me and tell him what a good boy he is!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  8:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Audrey-
I just saw this post. ((((hugs))))

Losing a pet is soooo hard. Especially saying good-bye. I still have some old toys our pit-bull played with. We also cremated her and have her in our cabinet. When the time comes for our terrier I want them both together because our terrier grew up with our pit-bull. The pit-bull was the mom to our terrier and at her final days our terrier nibble on her ears. Two different dogs and they love each other no matter what.

I believe they are at dog heaven...lots of rawhides, jumping, barking, chasing their own tails...

Edited by - njaw09 on Nov 09 2011 8:51:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  10:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annie thank you for this post and the others. You've blessed me so much with stories of your pups. I have urns in a cabinet in my family room containing our first dog (Border Collie) another with her son (BC & Lab mix) and now my Hobbs (we picked him up yesterday). There are instructions to put them in my coffin when it's time to bury me. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving them behind when they passed.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Remembering Hobbs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page