SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Yummmmmmm!!! I had a bunch of apples to make up into applesauce today and I found a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer--so I popped those in too--YUMMMMMMM!!! I will totally do this again every year! It's so delicious!

I know people have lots of different ways they make applesauce, but here's how I do mine. I use the peeler/corer for all of them and put the sliced/peeled apples into a big stock pot with about 2 cups of water. Heat it on low/medium till they're soft, then mash them just a bit. Meanwhile, pop the peels/cores into another saucepan, with a cup of water and heat till they are soft, then run those through a food mill. Add this to the first pot of the chunky stuff. THEN add some sugar to taste (really, you need this--it brings out the flavor so much more!) Then can it!

So for this raspberry variation, I just threw the frozen raspberries in with the apples. It's delicious!

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/brooktroutwife

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, that sounds wonderful, I'm going to try it with some raspberry juice I froze.
Thanks, Debbie
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile
I made the same thing this year. The raspberry applesauce is wonderful! We had a bunch of fall raspberries this year, so i decided to throw in one of the containers and we just loved it. I also made cranberry applesauce, which was really good, as well, I had to add a bit of sugar to that one, just a bit on the tart side otherwise:)

Tammy
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Raspberry applesauce! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page