Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Members with outstanding swaps list
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Members with outstanding swaps list Next Topic
Page: of 5

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile
You addressed it to me, though :) Thus, the confusion :)

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:05:50 PM  Show Profile
and sissy, swap-bot is an awesome idea, too!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:07:05 PM  Show Profile
I did! My mistake! I apologize! I'll take that out! LOL

Fixed!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.

Edited by - walkinwalkoutcattle on Oct 27 2011 1:07:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:16:22 PM  Show Profile
Not a big deal, now that I know what the heck you're talking about :)

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hello sister farmgirls, I didn't remember that I had my farmgirl number on my signature. I was not asking for special consideration. I just put my 2 cents worth that's all.
Love all of ya.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile
(Sidenote: Linda, as a fan of the office, I had NO IDEA there was a REAL scranton! SO COOL!)

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  2:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Yep Scranton is real but no place like the "Office". I don't like the show but I do like Scranton.
:-)

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  2:48:02 PM  Show Profile
How cool! Well, I hope this dialogue can continue. As I've noticed, the same person has swaplifted from a few other members on the forum. It's dissapointing, and why I started this thread to begin with. It sours the experience.

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  3:46:15 PM  Show Profile
I think alot of us are confused about this but why would you join a swap if you know you can not or probably will not meet the deadline??
also if something happens why would you not contact the hostess and tell her that there is a problem and you have to drop out ..there is no shame in that..but there are afew who join swaps and don't bother to resiprocate..for whatever reason..thats just wrong by anyones standards!! i have hosted many swaps and usually not partner myself but make the item so that if someone is not burned or drops out or can not be reached. i then partner with that person so they are not left out..its very hard to know who will not honor a swap and sad when your hostessing and this happens (and it happens alot) so i keep a list when i would sign up for a swap and see that person on the list i would contact the swap hostess and ask not ot be partnered with that person and explain why..i have been burned many times myself and like this thread ..the last swap i was in what i received actually scared me..so i contacted the hostess and explained that i did not want ot be in this swap away longer..i understand about the money aspect but really used or old stuff laying around ..come on thats really wrong!
thank you megan this is a wonderful site ..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Oct 27 2011 4:07:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  4:17:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been absent from the forums for quite sometime, family and life issues. Dang if I owe someone anything PLEASE let me know.

I have been burned on swaps and barters, yes I emailed them, and had someone ask for her stuff back even after mine was sent, she said she never received mine. Anyway if I ever do it again I will make use of the delivery confirmation that is available.

www.MurrayDesigns.etsy.com

http://catherinemurray.avonrepresentative.com/

Farmgirl Sister #710

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  4:28:59 PM  Show Profile
Just my 2 cents :)

I also have been burned with a swap and a barter and believe that this issue DOES need to be addressed.

A couple of suggestions:

~Post a "STICKY" for Swap and Barter Rules at the top of the page for both the Swaps and Barters page.

Swap and Barter Rules:

-Promise to fulfill your commitment
-Promise to communicate with your partner NO MATTER what the circumstances are.
-Promise Delivery Confirmation
-Promise to have fun and bless your farmgirl sister!

I know that things happen but more often than not an e-mail CAN be sent. Have consideration for your partner.

Make it known that all swappers and barter partners are to read the 'STICKY' on rules before signing up.

Also make it known that if anyone is delinquent (intentionally) their name will be distributed to ALL swap hostesses resulting in being banned from swaps. (Again this is not for those who have had issues come up in life but those who intentionally do not fulfill their commitment)

~Don't bite off more than you can chew! There have been many swaps that I would like to participate in BUT because of personal or financial issues or just plain lack of time. I did not sign up. If you are not sure if you can fulfill your obligation, DON'T sign up. It's that simple. There are always ongoing swaps that you can participate in another time :)

~If you have not received your barter/swap, e-mail your partner. If after 3 attempts with no response, e-mail the Swap Hostess where she can try to get in touch. If she gets no response then SHE can give Megan the name of the delinquent person.

~~I personally don't care for naming names HOWEVER I do think if someone has been burned they need to let the swap hostess know.I think that an updated list of delinquent swappers should be shared with all of the swap hostesses. I am not speaking of those who are trying to fill their commitment but those who have NO INTENTION of doing so.

~Know who you are swapping or bartering with. I look at posts of partners I am not familiar with and see if they are faithful. If it appears that they might not be I wait for them to send first.

Just my lil opinion here :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Oct 27 2011 7:34:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  4:40:59 PM  Show Profile
I have decided to not do any more swaps.

I feel that if I sign up for a swap and the person does not send back it is on her conscience not mine.

If these things that I swap were life giving or just something I had to have to survive I would be up in arms but they are just things.

I have hosted and when I set up the sign up I always state swap at your own risk.

I have been stiffed and have gotten stuff that should have just been thrown away but really on the big scope of things who cares.

I have my own records on who has sent what and don't do any thing with that person that hasn't sent so I haven't lost out on anything.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  6:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Requiring delivery confirmation should be part of the swapping rules. And if you send your DC number to the hostess and to your partner, then they know you have done your part. I will always use DC's as a rule, not just for my swap partner, but also because if you use delivery confirmation, the PO knows that they are responsible for getting it there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  11:18:21 AM  Show Profile
I only recently joined but have participated in two swaps already.
The Halloween Gift Box exchange and the Halloween Cards exchange.
I enjoyed them both very much an experienced no problems. I do
understand members being hesitant with the newer members and I don't
have an answer for that. I did use delivery confirmation with the
package I sent to my partner and always do that when a package is
involved. There were 15 cards on the list and I received back from
all that I sent to. I would hope as a new member that whoever was in
charge of a swap would contact me at least by e-mail first and let me
know of any wrongs I had done so that I could correct them. I understand that these exchanges are fun and a privilege not a right as a member. I hope a few bad apples won't spoil it for everyone
else who benefits so much from it.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Oct 28 2011 11:20:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  2:36:01 PM  Show Profile
WOW!! What a great discussion. I am so mixed in feelings on this. I am only speaking for myself. As a brand-new farmgirl the swaps were the best, fun thing for me. I wanted to do them all. I am an ADD kid and organization is NOT my strong suit. I never even thought to write it all down until I saw one of the posts on this discussion. It is easy for me to get overwhelmed. I limit myself on swaps now. I don't do as many and I don't believe I have ever let anyone down or not followed thru with a swap or barter. If I have, PLEASE e-mail me so I can follow thru as that is ALWAYS my intention. I have only had 1 barter and 1 swap fall through. I have e-mailed them several times and have not heard anything. This is so unlike them that I am worried about them both because they have dropped off the forums too. By now, I don't care about things owed me. I just want to know they are OK.
I understand what Megan is trying to do and on some level I support it. We NEED accountability. Nobodys name would be on the list unless all the other options had been tried..BUT I also like the idea of a private list sent through swap hostesses. It just seems kinder.
I have never been a swap hostess but hope someday to be one. As someone else posted, I would partner myself with someone new or not partner myself with anyone so that I could follow thru if someone else doesn't. I love how excited new girls are to swap. I would also be willing to swap with someone in Canada or elsewhere overseas. The hassle is worth it to me to maybe get something we don't get here even if it is just foreign stamps.
I don't know the solution to this as I see both sides. I DON'T feel that farmgirls that haven't followed thru AND haven't responded to their partners e-mail or the hostesses e-mail should have the PRIVILEGE to sign up for more swaps/barters-my disorganized self included. PLEASE, if I owe you ANYTHING, e-mail me. Thanks, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  11:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I read this post, all 7 pages, and was struck by a couple of things. The first is that there are some character traits we hope that ladies in the forum exemplify and some of these are unselfishness, gratitude, caring for our sisters and farmgirls of the forum, understanding, friendship, forgiveness and kindness. I didn't see all of these characteristics in some of the posts I read over these 7 pages. It made me sad. I've not done a lot of swaps because for a long while I had very ill parents. Even now my hubby is undergoing radiation for prostate cancer so I really cannot speak to the issue of getting stiffed in a swap. I've only done one and had the most wonderful time doing it and no problems. Right now I'm signed up for 2 more and perhaps after reading all of these posts I know why I was assigned the moderator as my partner...I don't have much of a record one way or the other despite being a member here a long time. Sometimes things happen in a person's life that are so upsetting that taking the time to sit down and leave a post regarding a swap is the last thing on your mind. Someone may have their computer break and no money to fix it. So often we have no idea what has happened in another person's life and for that reason I am very much against a public posting of anyone who has stiffed someone. My suggestion is that if the swap moderator can't fulfill the obligation after realizing what has happened that the people find it in their hearts to forgive and say a prayer for the person knowing that bad things may be happening in that person's life. If you can't do this then please, stop swapping. Also stop swapping if you're expecting a purchased and expensive gift because it ain't happenin' in most cases. Not everyone is gifted when it comes to crafting or the finances to purchase an expensive gift. The main purpose in swapping is to make a new friend and get to know your sisters and fellow farmgirls here at MJF, not what you can get out of it. If hosting swaps upsets you or angers you at those who stiff others perhaps this isn't something you should be moderating. I've never moderated but over the years I've been able to see how much work moderators go to in putting these swaps on and I and many other members are so grateful for your time and effort but please don't over extend yourself to the point this becomes a nightmare to you. Perhaps establishing a henhouse where only your friends who are good swappers can participate? This is not addressed to anyone who has posted here but only as a solution to the anxiety that seems to be happening over dead beat swappers. Whatever is done.....do it in a KIND way. Do not humiliate or hurt anyone. This is not what being a farm girl is about. This is just my humble opinion and everyone knows those are like arse holes, everyone has one.
Farm girl huggz

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tapestry on Oct 28 2011 11:02:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  4:42:39 PM  Show Profile
I think if some one emails the Swap Hostess that their partner did not follow thru ,then the swap Hostess makes a note and if that person sign ups again, then the Swap Hostess could email them in Private and say, since they did not follow thru,they cant accept thier sign up this time. I personally wont sign up on some swaps if I see a particular name there that did not follow thru or sent me use stuff that smelled like the attic. I put a lot of thought and time in all my swaps. and it doesn't matter the cost or handmade, One thing is just as good as 10, as long as it is clean and it is done with a little bit of thought in mind. Like I washed and ironed my Hankies before I mailed them, last swap so did my Partners.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

debbydoo1966
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

debbie
nj
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  09:15:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm very new to MJF swaps. I have swapped on another board for a couple of years now.

I see nothing wrong with putting names up of those that don't complete their commitment.
We're all adults here. No one is making anyone sign up for a swap. You've signed up because you wanted to. You wanted to make someone happy. To bring joy to their little corner of the world. Don't we all get excited when we receive our packages?? It's what swapping is all about.

If something happens and gets in the way of you fulfilling your commitment, all it takes is a simple email to your partner. It's a good idea to email the host also. I'm pretty sure most would forgive if an "act of life gets in the way". It happens to all of us.

I'm one of the lucky ones, i've never been burned. I have been a couple of days late mailing out my last two swaps. I did, however email both my partners and keep them updated on my progress. They were both very understanding.

We're talking about people who won't respond to emails, who've stopped all communication. Who will sign up for other swaps even after not following through with previous ones.

I don't know about anyone else but I do expect something in return. Swaps cost time and money. It's not fair and it's not right.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:09:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for putting it like that, Debbie. That's EXACTLY how I feel!

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile
okay, after following this forum for the last week, I am going to jump in. I have to say I agree with Debbie. Yes, life sometimes does get in the way and maybe a swapper might be a couple days late...totally forgivable. However, a simple email to the host and the partner takes 5 minutes. I have not been burned on a swap, although I am new to MJF. I have had nothing but great experiences so far. The one thing I do take exception to is the thought that just because you are new, you would be a less than ideal swap partner. I have completed one swap, a few barters and am signed up for two swaps which I am working on with great excitement. I would never sign up for a swap that I would not follow through on. I don't think a farmgirl should be penalized for not having done dozens of swaps. Give us newbies a chance....most of us will make great farmgirls!!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Well, said Tammy and Debbie,I am new and completed all my swaps! but will sign up for art swaps only, from now on, cause I went over budget on all my swaps and I am pickey when I buy for anybody, at the risk of sounding snooty(which I am not) I am a cross between Martha Stewart and Mary Jane. I have no Grand kids to spoil, so I spoil my friends and Farm Sisters. Too bad they paired me (because I was new) with some who sent me used and moldy smelly things. My swaps are meticulous!! I posted a pic of the Trick-or-Treat bag I sent my Partner on that forum. I wanted to show off my friends quilting Talent. I love Beth's Art swaps,and Teresa's Greeting card swaps! They are my favorite!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness...things like this get so sticky...and end up causing hard feelings. We're all so lucky that we can be here...it's free! If I end up on the losing end of a swap...yes my feelings will be hurt, but it won't last long. I'll keep a note of that persons name and if I'm partnered with them in the future I'll quietly ask to be reassigned. I hope we are all adult enough to not take on more than we can handle. I have removed my name from a couple swaps in last few months...before the deadline, because of crap that popped up at home. I don't need to explain my personal situation or make excuses. We just need to notify the swap leader so they can make adjustments. I will never post my partners name on the punishment board for all to see. If I ever see my name on a punishment board...I won't be back.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://smallfreckleddog.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  9:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I have read all the pages tonight, all 7. All I want to say is if I read these posts my first week on MJF I may have just dropped out of this site all together. I agree with accountability, I agree that you should do what you say you are going to do...but to have this controversial subject go on for 7 pages if I was a newbie would just turn me off to this site. I have falling in love with so many wonderful farmgirls on here. I really would hate to see us run off someone that may need a friend or to be uplifted because posting openly on this subject may caused them to feel we were not being loving farmgirls... I agree with who ever said that the swap leaders should talk between each other about the people that don't complete their swaps so that they know if that person signs up, but to blast it out here for all the newbies to see in MY opinion is a little much. I hope I haven't said anything to hurt any ones feelings because that is not my intent. And if I did I ask for forgiveness now.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Penny, I agree with you. I have been a member here about 6 years, although I have been missing from the boards for awhile, I am glad I didn't see this thread when I first joined I'm not sure if I would have participated in anything. Sometimes life throws things at you that you cannot control, I do not believe that anyone has intentionally not swapped with a fellow farmgirl, at least I would hope not. And I agree that the leaders of the swaps should let each other know who hasn't followed through to see if there is a pattern and then just not allow that person to participate, but only if it's an ongoing issue. Like I said life can throw you a curve ball and it just messes up the best of intentions. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feeling either. I love swaps and barters, I used to do them all the time and will do them in the future as my life settles down.

www.MurrayDesigns.etsy.com

Farmgirl Sister #710

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  05:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Yes, people HAVE INTENTIONALLY NOT swapped with a fellow farmgirl. Those people have then DISSAPEARED, posting-wise, from the forum. They may sign up for a bunch of swaps, but that's it. They don't post on the forum ever again. The list is for those members.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Members with outstanding swaps list Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page