Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Members with outstanding swaps list
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Members with outstanding swaps list Next Topic
Page: of 5

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  05:22:03 AM  Show Profile
Who are THESE people? I thought there was ONE name on the list.

TO EVERY FARMGIRL IN THIS THREAD THAT HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF:
Please send your description of what happened to Megan. Then there can be an acutal list of names, not just pronouns and venting.

Make cupcakes not war!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Oct 31 2011 05:22:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  05:30:08 AM  Show Profile
I just hate to have people think I'm trying to make some "Nasty punishment list" of people who are a week late due to a family problem, which isn't the case at all!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  06:32:40 AM  Show Profile
What the heck is this?? This is too mean and rude for me to participate with. I have done swaps and barters, I try to give my very best and make a new friend out of this....God Please Forgive Me If I Have Ever Hurt Anyone. I'M NOT DOING SWAPS ANYMORE- BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD!! There are few here that need a heart!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Lori,

Why does this thread stop you from swapping?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  07:36:56 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
There is no public list. Not every swap hostess will be giving info about their swaps. My point is that unless everyone complaining about getting ripped off tells Megan, the list won't even exist. Ladies are getting upset over something that won't ever exist publicly, and might not ever exist at all. It definately won't encompass every swap, past or future.

I thought Megan and Meg both agreed that it would be private for hostesses that choose to use it.

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  08:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have sat here this morning and read all the posts. I am a new member, only since last Feb. I have done a few swaps and a couple of barters. I always fulfill my end of the swap or barter. I have had to hound farmgirls with more than 100 posts or lots of swaps to fulfill there end of the deal. I have also dropped out of swaps because the hostess did not fulfill her duties. I am a person who likes to plan things and I like to know in advance who, what, when etc. not have to wait weeks past the signup day to receive a partner. Also, I have sent things out and NEVER receive acknowledgement if it was received. Thank goodness I can check delivery conformation online.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  08:11:26 AM  Show Profile
I swap for me-- giving something..If I don't get something back- it's ok with me.. I know (and have had) things happen, I don't ever want to be so cold hearted that I get upset at someone for life happening...So I won't participate anymore! I looked at SWAPS as a little joy I could give myself by giving to someone else- a little turn of a RAOK.....I know I know I live in my own little world and try to treat others the way I would want to be treated. I refuse to get upset if I don't get something back.
Go to Top of Page

motherhen
Chatroom Moderator

42 Posts

Henrietta
Moscow Idaho
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  08:15:54 AM  Show Profile
It seems like most of the participants here aren't wanting a list but instead would like to continue to honor the system in place that gives the responsibility for monitoring to the hostess of each swap. It's simple and doesn't put the decision into the hands of one or two people. So girls SWAP IT UP!!!! here, but REMEMBER, communicate, communicate, communicate. If something comes up in your life and you feel buried, let your swap mates and the hostess know as soon as possible.

So NO LIST, just the honor system. Let's keep each other motivated and on track with our obligations the old-fashioned way with gentle nudges and lots of love.

Thank you walkinwalkoutcattle for your efforts to create a list, but we should let the idea pass and go back to the system in place. Thanks!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Members with outstanding swaps list Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page