juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Anything that isn't peeling formica and vinyl floors! I love all your ideas!
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  5:52:42 PM  Show Profile
Jo I love your kitchen! The tile is wonderful.

We actually will be redoing the kitchen in a few years and are working up the wish list. Since neither DH or I are gourmet cooks it will not need the fancy appliances. Actually I'm thinking the nice flat electric cooktop that's easy to wipe off. I would like a bigger pantry, a broom closet to keep all cleaning supplies and vaccum cleaner. A small chest freezer in the kitchen would be great since we have to go to the laundry room on the other end of the house right now.For cabinets We either want drawers on the bottom or pull out shelves. My Grandpa built a storage unit for grandma for her frying pans and lids that I would love for DH to make. Lets see if I can describe it. Think of a rectangular box with dividers in it. Each pan or lid slid into its own compartment. This was just made of plywood. nothing fancy. It was great because you did not have to unstack the pans or hunt through the lids to get what you needed.
In cabinets my favorite is shaker style in a medium stain with matching wooden knobs. I like the look of ceramic tile on the floor,but would rather have the convience and warmth of vinyl. We have some vinyl in the bath that looks so much like the real thing that folks do not know the difference. The back splash would be something natural like Jo's,but I plan on making some tiles myself maybe with some leaf imprints on them. The table is the one I have now which is my Grandma's with chairs from my great- grandma's and my MIL. We will have a drink area, prep area, storage area etc.
There are still things to plan and I sure am getting some good ideas here.
Thanks everyone this is fun.
TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  6:38:08 PM  Show Profile
My Dream Kitchen...
My Friend, Dar's new kitchen (she'll be moving here in June):

http://polly_esther.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/09/dsc_0160_copy.jpg

The drawer pulls are old silverware. I would just change the sink into a deep farmhouse style sink.

I also love this kitchen:
http://www.jennair.com/assets/images/cms/kitchens_to_inspire/kti_gallery_psFarmRestoration.jpg

miles of smiles~
Peg

Edited by - Peg Graham on May 21 2007 6:45:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Your Dream Kitchen Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page