NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  01:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
So ive been plaing around with differnt kind of chili recipes an i cant seem to find one ive fell in love with, is there anyone that has a great one they wouldnt mind sharing, THks Ladies.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  3:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Here's one Whittney :)
Please thank your husband for me for his service to our country!

Meat Lovers Chili

3 slices bacon, chopped
1 pound Italian Sausage (Mild or hot)
1 pound Ground Beef
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 (16 ounce) cans Italian Tomatoes (I used regular 1 crushed & 1 diced and added 1 tsp. oregano)
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
1 Tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ cup cooking sherry (optional, but does make a difference)

Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon to a bowl with a slotted spoon, discarding the pan drippings. Add the sausage, ground beef, onions, garlic and jalapeno to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until the sausage and ground beef is brown and crumbly; stirring constantly; drain. Spoon sausage mixture into a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Add the bacon, undrained tomatoes, undrained kidney beans, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and black pepper to the slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 8-14 hours or until of the desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooking sherry just before serving. Ladle into soup bowls.

Yield: 6 servings

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Oct 19 2011 3:01:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  08:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Whittney,

I just have a very basic chili recipe that my Mom used to make. We like it and usually have it every Halloween while passing out candy to the trick or treaters. Looking forward to making a big pot of it here soon!

Brown 1 lb of ground beef (we usually use Chuck). While meat is browing chop up one medium onion and a couple of cloves of garlic and toss in the pan with the meat. Drain the meat mixture then season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chile powder and cayenee pepper (or do what I do and just add a package of Old El Paso taco seasoning). Mix then add 1 large can of kidney beans and 2 regular cans of chile bean in chile gravy (make sure they are packed with chile gravy). Add one can of Rotells diced tomatoes and peppers and enough water to cover. Let simmer 10-20 minutes then add a heaping teaspoon of tomato paste to thicken. Viola! Of course it's always better the next day so make lots.

And I've lived with my Marine DH for 34 years hearing stories of Camp Pendelton! He spent 2 1/2 years there (before I knew him) back in the 70's. I met him the first week he got out. So, yes, thank your husband for his service and thank you for what you have to put up with being a MC wife!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Chili Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page