Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Need a different Laundry Drying Rack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Need a different Laundry Drying Rack Next Topic  

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  2:52:46 PM  Show Profile
Between the weight of the jeans and a windy afternoon, this little drying rack gave up. It looks like Clyde decided to make a run for it before he got blamed.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  3:23:07 PM  Show Profile
put cup hooks on the lower part of the legs, then make some small sandbags with a loop on one corner of each, put loops over hooks and it will stay upright , even with jeans and some wind...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  02:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, this made me laugh...what a funny picture & yes the cat does look guilty.....My neighbor girl took an old bed twin bed frame that her kids had used until they grew out of it & leaned it up against the house...it looks just like a ladder but in red metal...that thing cost her nothing & works wonderful plus in the winter she puts it in her basement near the washer cause like you her wooden one couldn't handle some of the clothes......I hope you gave that poor kitty a treat so it didn't think it was in trouble...lol...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:29:58 AM  Show Profile
It took me a minute to figure out the situation. I thought you had a really short drying rack and thought, "No wonder she wants a new one!" Ha, ha on me.

And how did you manage to catch the cat at the perfect time?

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Loyce,

Clyde is ALWAYS around and under foot...but very sweet. He has helped us put up fences, build barns, stack hay, put in gardens, not to mention painting which is especially tricky with a cat winding around between your legs. If you don't reach down and pet him once in awhile, you will receive a little nibble.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  3:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Check out www.homesteaddryingracks.com - they were featured in the Aug-Sept 2011 issue of MJF (pg 26). They look very nice and sturdy.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by oldbittyhen

put cup hooks on the lower part of the legs, then make some small sandbags with a loop on one corner of each, put loops over hooks and it will stay upright"

What a great idea! Right-sized sandbags can be calico with recycled plastic grocery bags inside to prevent leakage, right? Or you could just put cat food cans in them in a pinch. Very cute.

I need to get out more. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Mara, didn't think about useing "pretty" fabric, I was thinking canvas, and yes the plastic bags should work, or even used ziplocks...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  08:40:11 AM  Show Profile
I've been trying to figure out how to weigh that thing down at the base, and the cup hooks is a super idea!
The homestead drying racks are on my Christmas wishlist!! I dry a lot of things inside, mostly because I do my laundry in the evenings after work. Outside would be wonderful for that fresh air smell, but this working girl doesn't have that luxury. I just happened to be home last Thursday during the day and thought it would be nice to dry a few things outside...until the wind came along!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Need a different Laundry Drying Rack Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page