Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic love it, hate it Next Topic  

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Thought it would be fun to tell the 2 part chores we all do, where we love doing one part, but hate doing the other.

I love hanging out laundry, but hate taking it down. I love having a flower garden, but hate weeding. I love washing dishes by hand, don't mind drying, but hate putting them away.

How about you?

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran

luckilady
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Jennifer
Loxahatchee Fl
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  6:02:52 PM  Show Profile
I absolutely love laundry day, except for sorting...love hanging them out to dry, and folding, maybe it is just the getting started part. Same goes for dishes, hate loading the dish washer, but love hand washing, and putting away. I love everything about gardening, except for the day when it gets too hot and I have to give up in Florida. Then I just concentrate on making really great compost for next season :)

~Jennifer

Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ~ John Maxwell

Farmgirl Sister #3375
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile
I love hand washing dishes, I even like putting them in the dishwasher, I just don't like putting them away! I love washing clothes and hanging them up or putting them in the dryer, I love warm sweet clean laundry, I don't like sorting out hubby's dirty socks

I love planting and nurturing the garden, I love weeding too...I am just really heat sensitive and it gets hotter than here and I hate having to admit defeat and go inside when I'd rather be playing in the garden.

I love to mow what passes for a lawn here (mostly canary reed grass) with my rotary push mower but I hate raking!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  6:55:46 PM  Show Profile
I love cooking and baking, but hate cleaning up afterwards. I love mopping floors, but hate sweeping. I love dusting, but not window washing. I love mowing the lawn but hate raking.I could go on and on with this one!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  4:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Boy - Love doing the laundry - hate to fold it and put it away. Love gardening - hate weeding. Love washing windows - hate dusting(Too bad you didn't live closer jan - we could help one another out LOL) Like cooking - hate the cleanup.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  1:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Don't mind sweeping floors but I hate to vacuum! Love to can fruits/veggies but hate to get all the equipment out, find my recipes, round up the pots...

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  1:50:14 PM  Show Profile
I love hand-washing dishes but don't dry it with towel. I prefer putting it at the dishrack. I don't mind doing laundry and folding clothing but don't like to put it away. I don't mind sweeping but not happy of mopping the floor. I love gardening/weeding but I don't like the bugs & heat. I love pets but I don't like maintaining the cage/fishtank (my husband have to clean it...haha). I love bagging groceries but don't like to put it away. I don't mind cleaning the toilet but the tub takes me awhile. I enjoy packing/wrapping things away but don't like unpacking or unwrapping.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  09:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
What a great thread! I thought I was the only one!! Haha, guess not! I love to plant my garden, watch it grow, and hate to weed. I love to bake and can, hate the clean up. Don't mind washing dishes or clothes, but despise putting them away. I hate to sweep, but love to hand mop on my hands and knees. I hate to vacuum, but love to shampoo the carpets. I strongly dislike to dust, but don't mind washing down the walls and light switches. Odd, isn't it. Some of the easier stuff, we dislike, and the more time consuming, we don't mind. My DH teased me about this very thing not too ling ago. I thought I was strange, turns out we all have a love/hate relationship with chores.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  02:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh my list is so long...lol...
don't mind cleaning but hate dusting
Don't mind putting the trash & recycling in bags but hate lugging them to the street
don't mind hand washing dishes but hate doing the silverware
& there is nothing I like about cleaning windows except putting up cool curtains
Don't mind tending to the cats but hate cleaning their litter box...stinky!!!
Love all things to do with gardening but hate to put it away for the winter
hate doing laundry but love hanging it on the line to dry & don't mind taking it down from the line either...otherwise its boring
Love cast iron but hate having to clean it when something gets burned on it
Ok I better stop before I take up pages on this subject :)...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  1:05:33 PM  Show Profile
I love sweeping -- with my new brooms recommended by Megan (look up that old thread and check them out). But when I hit a hairball, oh yuck! Those things make me rethink my commitment to using rags instead of paper towels. Also makes me rethink my deep love of cats, but we all know I won't act on that any time soon :)
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic love it, hate it Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page