Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic
Page: of 11

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  3:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Teresa and Michelle,

Your stockings were mailed out today, should arrive by Friday according to the postmaster. I apologize for the lateness ( hanging my head in shame ).

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Monique,

I'm sure it was hard bringing Abbey home. Remember the good times and be thankful to have had her. That's all we can do. My Abigail (my dog) and I are sending love your way!

Sally
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  3:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Spoiled, just spoiled!! Theresa, thank you so much for such a wonderful stocking; everything is perfect!! I am not to proud to say I could not wait to open it up and enjoy all the goodies.. especially the Godiva.. YUM. 5 holidays stamps and 2 punchs, a wonderful smelling sachet, gingerbread measuring spoons, metal stencils for baking, a pair of gloves, stickers, and a trinket box with my initial.... Did you make the note cards, so precious, and the edible glitter probably won't make it past the holiday. I have never used loose tea, thank you for the opportunity to give it a try. I have already put the scarf with my cold weather coat, I'm going to be nice and toasty!!
I feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful swap partner.

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,
Oh...my...gosh! That is awesome! I'm going to another antique shop on Friday so i'll see what I can find. I didn't buy any at the last place because I wanted to confer with a expert on pricing, and well....I consider anyone who has their own postcard rack full of postcards an expert! :) I love it! A card swap would be fun!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  8:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Emily....would you email me your address. I am tammyecummings58@yahoo.com
I have a little something I would like to send you in the spirit of Christmas. How about a vintage Valentine card swap!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Annette...what an adorable Stocking! And such fun
stuff!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  05:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Annette,
That is a great stocking! Is the loose tea in that tin? I love things that still come in tins! Let us know how you like the tea. I, too, have always wanted to buy it, but just never have.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  11:19:57 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I am so jealous over your card rack!!! I would love one of those.
I noticed how expensive some of the postcards can be. Wow...have kept
me from purchasing very many of them...but I think you might have me hooked
on postcards now. I think it would be hard to give away those more expensive
ones in your crafting projects.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  11:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Lin - Mom emailed to say my stocking from you has arrived! I can't wait this one more week to get there and see it! {laughing} Thanks so much!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  1:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Peggy....you need to do a vintage card swap with Emily and I....maybe I can start you off with a little collection my dear friend. I have your address :)

xoxoxo Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  8:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Emily - I am just getting back on here and am only on page 10 but have to say I wish I'd read this sooner. I sent your's out yesterday priority mail so you should have it soon. As for the sewing, well join the club! I too haven't sewn for years and the pattern I used was "the old one kicking around the house" to make yours. It is a vintage one (the pattern I used) from the 50's and it is so thin I guess you would say. I couldn't get everything in and I didn't wrap a few things, sorry. But when you get it, let me just say, the item wrapped in a cloth is for whenever you need to see a "shinny" thing.

Tammy - I love how you have used the card rack to organize your paper. I too have tons of postcards, cards, magazines ( a couple of totes) and I'm a neat freak so tell your DH you are not a hoarder! But I have two card racks I purchased to use to sell cards I make and think one will be coming up to my office soon to do what you have done. Thank you for the idea! Hope you don't mind me using it.

Back to catching up to page 14!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  8:47:33 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like you will have a great time together next summer. Too bad it's not on the East Coast! I've always thought it would be fun to go to that "yard sale" which goes through 3 or 4 states, like TN I think. Is anyone familiar with it? Now that would be a fun trip! I sold antiques for years and just recently started to again although I don't have many and have been too busy to get anywhere to buy them. But I love old paper too and have a hard time selling any of it. I mostly collect old paper and post cards from my town. It's amazing what you can find.

And I would like to be part of the vintage Valentine swap! I have about 300 of them! I keep my Valentines and postcards in photo albums. Just thought I'd put that out there! Night ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  11:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Emily, and Ginny...sounds like a fun Swap...Vintage Post Cards. Tammy, I'm in girlfriend...maybe we should start a New
Swap and invite others in?????

Hugs and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Ginny...I'm glad my card rack gave you inspiration! It really helps organize! Peggy, I can host a vintage valentine postcard swap (if you give me hosting tips)!

xoxo
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  2:19:13 PM  Show Profile
I received my stocking today from LindaJo. I wish I could post a picture on here, so you could see it. It has a perfect little Pinocchio on it. She also sent me the coolest little fat pen. I love weird pens and this one fits right in.

I haven't opened the rest of it. I'm trying to be good and wait until Christmas.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:18:41 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be in a postcard swap, I have an album full and a little case full also. I have an old one from an aunt that is made of leather from the 40's. I love collecting them.
Have a great week-end.

quote:
Originally posted by tammyc

Emily, just to give you an idea of my postcard addiction...er collection..LOL...this 4 sided rack in my studio is filled with postcards and cards, organized by theme no less. My husband says I am a hoarder...LOL. As for prices...they really vary depending on where you buy. I try to go the Vintage Paper Faire which is held a couple times a year here. They have a vendor who sells for 25 cents apiece. That is the cheapest I've ever spent. I think 2.00 is about the average minimum I spend. I have some that are $25.00 (very rare and Halloween). For some reason Halloween postcards are horrifically expensive. I also collect the old french postcards which I love, but they're not cheap either. Maybe we could have a vintage postcard swap! Let me know how the hunt goes!

Hugs, Tammy

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  11:33:01 PM  Show Profile
Yay more people for our postcard swap...thanks Darlene...Connie I will email you :)
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  07:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Love it! Already getting people signed up for the swap and you haven't even posted it yet! :) Can't wait!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Ok, ok, I know that you all thought you got the best stocking of all, but nope. I got that one. Thank you so much Jamie for the wonderful stocking filled with all sorts of goodies that are just perfect for my family and I. (including some MJF Budget Mix) I will post a picture of the stocking tomorrow if I get a chance.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:01:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm in for the Valentine or is it postcard swap? Let me know!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  08:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Ginny, I will try to post it today. Vintage Valentine Postcard swap!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  8:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Avonfemme,

According to the delivery confirmation, you should have received your stocking and goodies. I hope that is true. Let me know please. In case you might be wondering, I have not seen your package yet.

Take Care,

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  08:21:59 AM  Show Profile
...10 days till the Eve of Christmas

Did everyone else get theirs?

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  4:46:48 PM  Show Profile
I have as yet to get mine, but I am not worried about the stocking, but about my swap partner, buzzn bee. We had contacted each other, but I know she was having surgery the middle of Nov. and I have not heard from her since. I hope everything is okay.

Merry Christmas to all,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile
..praying that all are okay and well, also on healing mend.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page