Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic
Page: of 11

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:41:53 PM  Show Profile

My beautiful handmade altered spoon...just stunning...it's now on my tree :)
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile

My other darling handmade stocking from Peggy....they are both so cute!

Thanks again for all the farmgirl love Peggy!

xoxoxo Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  9:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow! 2 stockings? You must have been a good girl this year! Those altered spoons look like fun! Might have to join one of the swaps!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  12:43:18 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, you really do collect those vintage elves don't you? How great was that?
I had never seen one in a gold Elf outfit before...so that really drew me to
that one and it's size. The little Tiny Blue Angel is vintage too and I got her
in a quaint antique store at Lincoln City at the Oregon Coast. One I had never
been in before but will definately go to again when I go back to the coast.

Did you see that you can change the Photo in the Watch Locket (I mean really, who
wants some strange guy in their locket) lol

Well, girlfriend...it was ALL SO MUCH FUN shopping for someone that loves the same
sort of things that I do. And most of all...I feel like we will be life long friends
because of this Swap.

Merry Christmas Dear Heart!

blessings,
peggy

OH, Emily...I think you would love making those Altered Spoons. They are so much
fun to do!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 05 2011 12:44:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  06:28:03 AM  Show Profile
Connie-
I am glad you like the JOY. It will be perfect for your fireplace mantel.

I didn't open the gifts yet. I have been extremely busy and might not open it till Christmas time.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  12:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Casey,
I received my stocking in todays mail, and just Love all of the goodies inside!!! the gardeners hand cream (lets just say my hands can use all the help they can get!). The tea sounds delicious (vanilla my favorite). The sticky notes and note pad- so useful. The truffles...well need I say more, LOL and the apron...is just so beautiful (did you make it?) I love the fabric- its so pretty! the candle made the whole package smell awesome and the adorable little girl ornament- just so cute and whimsical. You really spoiled me rotten girl! I hope that you enjoy your stocking and all of the goodies in there.
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful swap!!
Holiday Blessings to you and your family,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

catturner68
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Casey
Carrollton Tx
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  1:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Laurie,

I am so glad that you recieved everything OK & that you like it. Yes, I made the apron. I'm glad to brighten your day.

Have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Casey
Farmgirl Sister #3022
If you live your beliefs, you can change the world.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  5:07:38 PM  Show Profile
PICTURES GIRLS...come on we all want to see what you got. That is half the fun!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  5:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes Peggy...PICTURES...I love to see everyone's things!

I need to post a picture of my sweet little blue angel. I have her displayed next to my other vintage angel (made in British Hong Kong) who is pink and just slightly bigger. They are great next to each other! My friend was by today and immediately went to my gold elf. She loved it...said it reminded her of her grandma's Christmas things :)

Yes, I did see the little key to change the photo in the watch locket....unless maybe I do want some strange guy's picture in my locket...he's kind of cute...LOL.

I keep shopping and seeing things and thinking oh that would be great for Peggy...makes me kind of sad it's over! It was so much fun! And, I too feel like I have made a sweet lifelong friend from this swap..most definitely!

Merry Christmas with much love, Tammy
Go to Top of Page

LinB52
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lin
Tecumseh MI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:00:59 AM  Show Profile
Ruby V,
I received my stocking yesterday and love it all...
The handmade stocking is wonderful as well as all
the decorations....embroidered kitchen towel,crochet
pot holder, note cards and monogrammed mirror.
Sorry I'm not that crafty and bought your stocking.
This was a fun swap and I'm glad i joined it.
Thanks again Ruby..... :o)
Lin

God Bless the USA!!!

Edited by - LinB52 on Dec 06 2011 07:02:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:05:49 AM  Show Profile
I received my stocking from Winnie, but I'm being reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy good and not opening it until Christmas! What willpower!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm later, so sorry, as planned because something so terrible and sad happened.
Last week our sweet, full of live and joy,3 years old dog Abbey sunndenly died.
One moment she was doing just fine and the next moment she was getting sicker and sicker. We brought her to the vet within 10 minutes.She had to stay the night there and only six hours later she was suddenly dead.
We're all heart broken, its just so sad and crule. She still was so young........
So during this week I didn't feel like doing anything.Tomorrow we're going to get her ashes at home, antoher heart breaking moment.
I have "made the stocking and al the rest I have packed.Tomorrow I'm going to the postoffice if I'm off work before the postoffice is closed.
Sally, I'm very sorry to be this late and I hope that you will forgive me.

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  1:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Luanne- My stocking arrived today and I so wanted to PEAK----- But I didn't!! Wow, I cannot wait till Christmas but I am determined that it will hang on the fireplace with all of the other stockings and this year everyone is going to say.....Hey where did you get that?????? My FarmGirl Friend, of course!! I haven't really had a stocking with surprises since I was a child so this is a BIG deal to have such a surprise to look forward too!! My Mom always told us kids that if you peak before Christmas then it will spoil all the fun so that "recording" is still playing in my mind 60 years later. Thanks Mom, cause I really do understand your lesson!! I know if if was hers, she would absolutely NOT look until Christmas morning. So, in honor of my Mom who gave her family so many wonderful Christmas memories, I WILL wait. But it sure is hard!! LOL

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  1:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie -

I'm glad it got there OK - I'm waiting until Christmas too - so will be thinking of you on Christmas morning - or actually, I'll be in Vermont for Christmas, so it will probably be the day after when I actually get to open it!

Have a wonderful holiday & enjoy!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your dog, I know it is like losing a family member. My prayers are with you all. Take care
darlene

quote:
Originally posted by monique

I'm later, so sorry, as planned because something so terrible and sad happened.
Last week our sweet, full of live and joy,3 years old dog Abbey sunndenly died.
One moment she was doing just fine and the next moment she was getting sicker and sicker. We brought her to the vet within 10 minutes.She had to stay the night there and only six hours later she was suddenly dead.
We're all heart broken, its just so sad and crule. She still was so young........
So during this week I didn't feel like doing anything.Tomorrow we're going to get her ashes at home, antoher heart breaking moment.
I have "made the stocking and al the rest I have packed.Tomorrow I'm going to the postoffice if I'm off work before the postoffice is closed.
Sally, I'm very sorry to be this late and I hope that you will forgive me.

www.wolshopmonique.nl

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  2:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Monique...sooooooooooo sorry to hear about your dog. That is just toooooooooooooo sad. Do they know what was wrong with
her? Oh, I would so want to know. My heart goes out to you Farmgirl...how horrible. You are in my Prayers!!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile
Avonfemme!
I sent your stocking... it should arrive at your place by Friday!

Monique... I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. BIG {{{HUGS}}}

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

Mailed out your stocking yesterday. Sorry it is a few days late, but I have been moving in my new house. Let me know when it arrives---even though I will track it.

Merry Christmas,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Monique, So sorry to hear about your dog and at such a young age so suddenly. Such a heartbreaking thing to lose a furbaby. :( Will be thinking of you and your family.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Monique, sorry about your furbaby. My heart goes out to you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Monique,

I am so sorry to hear about Abbey! Earlier this year I lost my sweet Dottie who was 17. Her sister Dixie was with me 12 years before cancer took her suddenly. I don't have children so my dogs are my babies. I understand your pain and heartbreak. And a sudden, unexplained loss is so difficult. Your little Abbey was lucky to have you and you her. It is so unfair that we only have our fur children for such a short time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The stocking is a little thing in the big picture of life...so don't worry about it!

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  10:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy!
Can I ask you how much you roughly spend on a single post card? I know it depends on where you buy it and what type of card it is, but I just want to get an idea. The fist bunch I bought at a shop here in town. I didn't pay over 50 cents for each....some being 25 cents. There were cards that were a dollar or two, but I just stuck with the 50 centers. Now today I went to another antique mall (Ooooh I could have went crazy in there!) Anyway, I found a box that had cards for $1, but a lot of cards were a couple of bucks. Since you have such a large assortment, I just wanted to get an idea of what would be a decent price!

Thanks!
Emily
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  03:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your sweet messages. That really does a person so much good.

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  03:56:04 AM  Show Profile
The vet thinks it was some kind of virus that got hold of her during perhaps a moment of being a little bit weaker.
I don't know how to say this in english but she has been together with a male dog and we where hoping she was pregnant.But we don't know if her health was a bit different as we din't notice anything on her. She was just doing great.....

Today I'm habing another difficult day because this evening we're going to get her ashes at home. I have put a lovely photo of her on a cabinet in the livingroom together with a candle I lit every evening and now I'm going to put the ornament with her ashes next to it.

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  08:04:49 AM  Show Profile

Emily, just to give you an idea of my postcard addiction...er collection..LOL...this 4 sided rack in my studio is filled with postcards and cards, organized by theme no less. My husband says I am a hoarder...LOL. As for prices...they really vary depending on where you buy. I try to go the Vintage Paper Faire which is held a couple times a year here. They have a vendor who sells for 25 cents apiece. That is the cheapest I've ever spent. I think 2.00 is about the average minimum I spend. I have some that are $25.00 (very rare and Halloween). For some reason Halloween postcards are horrifically expensive. I also collect the old french postcards which I love, but they're not cheap either. Maybe we could have a vintage postcard swap! Let me know how the hunt goes!

Hugs, Tammy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page