Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic
Page: of 11

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:26:23 PM  Show Profile
Portia, Debbie (buzznbee) is doing ok. She had a little set back and had to go back to the hospital, but I believe she is home now. CJ has been keeping us (the mail art group) updated on how she is doing. Debbie did leave a message on hogs and quiches. I think she said her husband was sending out some of her swap things. Just wanted to let you know!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Ginny! I recieved your package today which put a big smile on my face.
The stocking is super sweet! I love the neutral colors and the vintage look to it! I'm trying to be good and not open all of the gifts until Christmas Eve, but I know it's going to be hard! My friend was here when I opened it and she "allowed" me to open 2 of the gifts--the buttons and the chocolate rock candies. Love the buttons...especially the sweet deer ones! I tried to take a picture of them, but I think because they are glossy the pictures turned out blurry. I love the rock candies too! My friend teased me that I wasn't good this year, but I wasn't bad enough to get coal so I got rocks instead! lol! :D Fun candies and they taste good too!
I will post more pictures when I open all of the gifts. I hate to say this, but I didn't get your package in the mail until yesterday. I'm hoping 2 weeks is long enough that it will make it in time to you by Christmas!

Emily

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  9:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Emily,

Thank you so much for letting me know. I was so afraid that something really bad had happened. I will send her a get well card.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile
So glad you got the stocking and enjoy it so far! I love your friends sense of humor! Didn't I tell you it was a strange pattern that I made from a vintage sock! It was tough getting anything into it. After I packed it all up I went into the local store I got the rock candy in and saw they have beautiful letter charms and I think it needs an E on the front of it so you may get it in the mail. I didn't feel it was "complete" when I made it but not being a person who sews much, I allowed it to be as is. Now that I have seen these charms, it would be perfect for the front!

As far as mine goes, I'm in no rush. It's probably better I get it closer to Christmas so I'm not tempted like you are! ;)

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:43:10 PM  Show Profile
Hope all are receiving lovlies instead of coal in their stockings!! Merry Christmas!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:16:44 PM  Show Profile
I sent a stocking out to countrymama today. We leave this coming Saturday for Michigan...gonna spend Christmas with my family. I haven't seen them in 6 months and I miss them so much. Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://smallfreckleddog.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  2:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas everyone!
I have been good so far and have left everything in the mail box. I did hang up the really cute stocking.
Thanks again Marcy!
hugs
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  7:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard from Teresa? Confirmation shows her package was delivered on the 10th but I haven't heard from her,I am worried that she is ok.

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  10:39:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Annette, Oh I hope she is....There is a lot of illnesses going around already this year!!

Has anyone heard from sissyquilts lately.....I have not heard from her and hope all is well with her. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas My Lovelies...

I have to admit that you girls who have waited to open their
gifts in their stockings...are way more patient than I could
ever be. No Coal For You...*smiles*

blessings and Christmas JOY,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  7:09:08 PM  Show Profile
I second that Peggy....however, I have been enjoying all my Christmas treasures so much! I would have been sad if I had opened everything and had to wait until next year to enjoy them!!!

Hugs, Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  10:34:44 PM  Show Profile
I hope that Avonfemme is okay too.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  11:47:21 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sally,

A wonderfyl package has arrived today........Thank you so very much for all the wonderful things you send me. It really made my day.
I wanted to make some photo's but the batteries where dead. So tomorrow after work I will buy some new ones and I will make the photo's.
Your package its also on it's way.And I hope that you will like it too.
Thanks again for a great package!

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  5:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

My stocking arrived Saturday and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many things! I could not believe everything that was in there. Everyone, I had a Christmas towel, a HUGE lollipop, a search-a-word pad, cookie cutters, thread, Christmas tissues, a 2012 planner, manicure set, stickers galore, pad and pencil, miniature stocking with candy, needlecard, knitted ornaments, aloe and vitamin infused gel footies, Werther's caramels, small memory book, cupcake liners and picks, and a tiny friendship book. Whew! I hope I didn't miss anything. I thought we were only to send 4 gifts. This is my stocking for eternity!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart and Merry Christmas,
Portia

P.S. Hope you are enjoying your stocking---even though it was not nearly as stuffed as yours!

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  12:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I agree, I am glad that I opened mine and have been able to delight over each and every
special gift I got from you. It made the waiting for Christmas easier and so much fun!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  3:04:12 PM  Show Profile
5 more days to open mine....

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  3:32:30 PM  Show Profile
...I wished

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  7:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Monique...I'm glad your stocking arrived safely. I've never swapped out of the country before. It took me a while to make the stocking so I'm sorry that was the only handmade goody...but I hope you enjoy the rest! Merry Christmas! :)
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  04:26:36 AM  Show Profile
CountryMama (Krystle)...We arrived in Michigan on Monday night. Tuesday morning my mother gave me the package you sent me :) Thanks so much for the tea, Raspberry chocolate bar, vintage lace and fabric. What fun this swapping has been. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://smallfreckleddog.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  09:16:20 AM  Show Profile
Annette... I'm here, I'm here!!
So very sorry for not posting sooner... took a computer vacation this past week (baking, shopping, wrapping...and other Christmas merriment!) and I'm now trying to play catch-up!!
Let me just say how much I ADORE my stocking! You could have just sent me the stocking and that would have been enough!! The tea is barely surviving--I think I only have 2 bags left!! (Green Tea with mint was my fav!)

The kitchen potholder set and recipe cards came into great use this past week! I have plans for the yarn... thinking of making a snowflak dishcloth! All the sewing & crafting goodies are so thoughtful.
It was such a pleasure doing this swap with you Annette!
Merry Christmas!

Oh, and P.S Yes, I did make the notecards and the scarf!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Children...
Love them
Nurture them
Teach them well
and Believe in them...
For they are our future
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Emily - I received my box in the mail yesterday and immediately put it under the tree so I have to wait until Christmas to open it! I'll Thank you ahead of time and after I've opened it!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile
...I learned something through this and another Christmas themed swap two years ago. I had enough! After I finish my commitment with an upcoming sway. I am quitting with Farmgirls! I will stick with the Sisterhood through the Farm and by myself. I am tired of being burned two Christmas theme swaps in a row!

Many say it shouldn't matter, I shouldn't look to gain something... well, I am sorry but a swap is a swap. One expect something for another. I am not thick skinned... I wish I was. I AM DONE!!!!!! I tried to repay for my wrong and managed to do so. I am satisfied with what I tried to do, I did my best. Now it is over.

I know "one" shouldn't make all look bad. It takes seven kindness to fix one unkindness.

I will be fine... I have gone through this before. Do not worry about me... because no one really does. I see many farmgirls rally for others... but not for me. No one checks on me. I am forgotten. I am sorry that I AM NOT really a "Farm" girl.

God bless you and yours.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  2:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann...My heart hurts for you...being burned on Swaps is NOT FUN! I have been there too.
But you are wrong that no one cares or rallies around you. That is just not true. I remember
when you got behind in some of your obligations...I stood up for you...and let others know that
you would carry through because that is just how you are. And I am glad that commitment meant
something to you...I wish everyone could be as honest and forth-coming as you are...and would
apologize and then make it up to everyone else as you did. But not everyone has your moxy. I wish
you would re-consider and not quit Farmgirls...but I do understand...if you are just too discouraged
maybe that would be best for you. But don't be upset with those of us who have chosen to just get
thick-skinned and keep going, despite the dissappointments.

You are loved and appreciated Farm Sister. You truly are.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  4:20:28 PM  Show Profile
WOW....just sayin....WOW!
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  5:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Karrieanne...I would be happy to be your swap angel...if you send me your address I would stand in for Avonfemme. It won't make it for Christmas...but a nice New Years stocking works! Email me sweetie!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page