Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic
Page: of 11

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  3:49:19 PM  Show Profile
@Darlene...thanks so much for the compliment! @Emily...I agree. I love seeing all the pictures and the talent and thought that goes into each and every one. I wish I could see a picture of every single one! Emily, I'm happy to inspire anyone with my love of vintage. Let me know if you are ever in search of a certain theme with your postcards because I literally have hundreds. I love reading the messages on the back too. Postcards, cards, paper ephemera....definitely a passion (or should I say addiction) of mine :)

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  5:39:30 PM  Show Profile
Emily...I plan to share more...in awhile, but I agree...I wish more people would share in picture form. It is so easy!!!
And I loves seeing everyones talent too. Gives us all Creative Ideas!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  6:11:13 PM  Show Profile

Here is Tammy's Beautiful Home-made Stocking!!!

Here is a beautiful Demdeco Christmas Star Angel that I collect.

Here is another Demdeco Angel holding a Butterfly.

A stunning vintage coin bracelett, 2 adorable scotty dog ornaments (I have a Scotty Dog),
One Sweet vintage childs Angel Story Book (I read it already and love it and so will my
grand-daughters), a newer Christmas Book for adults (can't wait to read this to help
prepare my heart for these Holy days). A little box of Scotty tissues (cute!) A beautiful
red Heart (I collect all things hearts) and the stunning heart and pearl ring.

Oh, I forgot that charming Santa Hat pin on the following page. It looks vintage but maybe not.
Just a closer look of the above picture.

and last but not least another close up of the group picture.

Tammy...again, I can not tell you enough how each and every gift was "ME". You
would have never known that you and I did not know each other before this Swap
because you nailed everything perfectly. I hope I came even half as close as you
did sister. I now feel like I know you intimately...from how intuitive and special
you made this Swap for Me. You have a TOTAL GIVING HEART...with a LOT of TALENT to
back it up. Thank You for Blessing me and being a Highlight of My Christmas this
year. May you know how much you delighted My Heart and Spirit this 2011.

Love and Christmas Joy!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 02 2011 6:20:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  7:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, thanks for the offer! That's very kind of you. I, too, like reading the messages written on cards. The penmanship is so fancy. And to think, a lot of schools aren't even teaching cursive anymore. :( I've noticed 2 things after looking at the older cards today. Some of the actual wording that is printed on the card is kind of weird. The cards I got today are pretty "normal" so I can't share what I mean, but maybe you know since you have so many. Also, the addresses on the back only have the name, city and state on them. No type of street or numbering identification. How did their mailing system work back then?

Wow Peggy! Great pictures! And your words to Tammy! Very nice. :) So glad you loved everything in your stocking. I can see by all the goodies it was fun to open!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, you are so very welcome. I am just so happy you liked everything in your stocking. Can you see why I wanted you to have it before Christmas...LOL. Your message was so lovely it made me cry. I felt like I was shopping and creating for a dear friend and somehow felt like I knew you in my heart :) I am blessed to have made such a wonderful farmgirl friend and, as I said, I really felt the spirit of Christmas when I did this swap with you. It was definitely a highlight of this Christmas season for me!

Much love from your farmgirl sister in California xoxoxo

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  9:30:42 PM  Show Profile
LindaJo, I'm glad that you like the stocking. I had fun making things and stuffing the stocking for you.

Pegsmiles, you have some very nice things. I love the book.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  9:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Emily, I know exactly what you mean about the wording on the old postcards. I am looking at a card from 1909 right now addressed to Miss Ollie Marmil, Pants Factory, Zaneville, Ohio! I see a lot written about weather, illness, and complaints about people not writing...LOL. Spelling and grammar are usually not too great...so interesting to me. I am reading another now addressed to Miss Ethel Lewis, Hersey, Michigan dated 1911 that reads "Dear Sister Ethel: I suppose you are longing for Thanksgiving so you can go home again. Have you gave your ma her birthday presents yet. We are going to a masquerade here Thurs. night. You had better come and go along. I wish I had my pink dress now. Well goodnight From Edith and Frank."

Hope I haven't bored you too badly Emily, but I find these cards just a fascinating piece of history, and some are quite hilarious!

Smiles,

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:10:15 AM  Show Profile
Tammy and Emily...another Farmgirl Pam and I love to meet in Portland Oregon, where she lives (just across the river from me)
at an Antique Mall that we both love, that has a Fabulous Cafe with the best coffees, sandwiches and the most scrumptous
desserts ever!!! Anyway, Pam and I on one of our trips found some old letters written from a Service guy to his family
in the 1940's. There were like 5 stacks of them bundled in groups of 6-8 letters in each stack. Well, the guy was
in his early 20's and lived in Portland and his parents lived in Portland...though he was stationed at various military bases in
Washington and California...so it was fascinating to read. Pam
bought 2 or 3 stacks of the letters and I bought two and then, we swapped and read each others stacks. Pam is
almost 20 yrs. younger than me (my now adopted daughter) and so I gave my two stacks to her to keep. I just thought
those letters needed to be kept together. But now I am always on the look-out for old letters like that when I go
to Antigue stores. Like your postcards Tammy...they are a little bit of History. Pam and I have both said that we
were going to go look and see if the guys family home was still standing...but so far neither of us have. I will
one day though, I carry the address in my purse. All that to say, I am happy to find other Farmgirls who love
a glimpse into history and personal lives...like Pam and I do. Thanks Tammy for Sharing those Post Card writings,
they are great. Wow,...I would love to see That Pink Dress of Edith's...wouldn't you?

Hugs and Joy,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2011 10:44:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, we are so alike! I always think about the people and the history with the cards and letters I collect. I can just picture Edith's pink dress :) This summer when we are at our house in Bend, I would love to drive up to Portland and meet you at the antique mall!!!! That would be such a wonderful time don't you think? I'm glad you enjoyed my postcard stories....I could read hundreds of them....LOL. I am definitely going to plan a Portland outing this summer with you (and your farmgirl friend Pam too).

Hugs, Tammy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:43:04 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...you have yourself a date girlfriend! That would be AWESOME!

That will give us something to look forward too with great anticipation!

You have my email address...share any of those delightful postcard stories
with me that you like. I love them.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:15:52 AM  Show Profile
Bored?? Not a chance! I love this stuff. The pants factory?? That made me giggle! I also love going to antique shops and imagining who owned the different items. Or going through older homes with the beautiful charm and craftsmanship that's been lost nowadays. My mom and I just went on the Tour of Homes today in my hometown. I like to think of who may have passed through the doors of those homes and what the families were like.
Peggy, the antique mall sounds amazing! Sounds like a place I could spend every weekend at! It's nice that you and Pam have that in common. Those letters must have been something to go through and read and I think you should go see if the house is still there! That would really be neat to be able to see where he lived.
No fair that the 3 of you are going to get together though! Maybe I should plan a trip out to see my brother and his family in Portland so I can join in the fun!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:49:13 AM  Show Profile
There you go Emily...that would be a Fabulous idea. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak!
See your brother and family and meet up with three other Farmgirls!!! And go to a Fabulous
Antigue Mall to boot! We would have a blast the four of us!

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  12:18:00 PM  Show Profile
And I would love to join you from Olympia! I have a box of my grandmother's and great grandmother's postcards. Some date back to the early 1900's. I love them. The writing was so formal and I love that they are mostly written in cursive. I have many, many, many photo postcards from various family members. It has given me insight and has allowed me to "meet" previous generations!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  12:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Julie! I just opened your stocking and you have blessed me greatly! I love the hot pink stocking and the fabric is lovely!! I collect Mary Englebreit and I love the squares!! I think this evening calls for a soaking in the bath salts!! Everything is just wonderful! Thank you my farm girl sister!!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  1:06:07 PM  Show Profile
I love Mary Englebreit too! She is a good one for having cute Scottie dogs, Peggy! That would be fun getting a whole group of farmgirls together for an afternoon of antiqueing! :) I don't think it gets much better than that!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  2:57:26 PM  Show Profile

Oh how sweet this is...all the connecting and sharing!! Isn't that what life is all about!! That is so special to see all the kind words and gentle spirits!! Wished I lived in the Portland area!! LOL You girls have wonderful fun and special memories!!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  3:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Sabrena...the more the merrier!!!! Wouldn't that be a total blast!!!

We could never have too many Farmgirls.... Seriously think about it...if you
don't mind the drive. But hey, I guess if Tammy is willing to drive from
Bend, I believe Olympia is closer even.

Tell you what...those that are serious about this...email me your full names and
addresses and when Tammy gets to Bend...I will email everyone and then we will make
it happen.

Hugs and Big Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile
What a great trip that would be. I'm just outside Salem, between Portland and Bend, sort of. Are you talking about a meet up in Portland?

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  9:23:59 PM  Show Profile
First of all I just have to say OH MY GOSH! I got home from a long afternoon/evening of shopping and found a package from Peggy on my doorstep. I ripped it open right then and there and it was just like an early Christmas morning! First, not one but TWO stockings chock full of wonderful wonderful goodies. My husband said "boy she really knows your taste"! Where to begin....the adorable stockings, the absolutely amazing vintage watch locket, the gorgeous altered spoon (going on my tree after the photo), the silverware key ring (I have been wanting one of those everytime I've seen them), a great Christmas book (reading is one of my biggest passions), a darling vintage Christmas Jack and Jill magazine, Christmas word puzzles which I love) complete with pen, more adorable ornaments, Christmas socks (so I don't have to wear my husbands fancy socks when I wear my boots), DARLING vintage elf (how did you know I collect those???), wonderful handcrafted dish towel and potholders, vintage buttons and santa for my crafting :), a sweet little angel, charming wax wafers (which I almost ate...LOL) Peggy how do they work? and last but not least a little bag of candy coal (which I have to say will be going into my hubbys stocking (or maybe one of the kids...but which one...LOL). I am overwhelmed with your generosity, talent and thoughtfulness Peggy!! Now tomorrow, everyone will get to see pictures of all my treasures!!

Last but not least, Emily and Sabrena...What fun it would be to have you both visit Portland this summer. I am looking so forward to meeting Peggy that I would drive all the way from California if I had to! Spending a day with farmgirl friends antiquing,etc....it really doesn't get any better than that! By the way, Peg have you been to Powell's bookstore? That's on my to do list as well :)

PICTURES OF MY GOODIES WILL BE COMING TOMORROW!

Goodnight and lots of love,

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  9:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh and yes Phyllis, a meet up in Portland this summer. I live in California but we have a house in Bend, Oregon that I plan on being at for much of the summer. I plan on driving up to Portland to meet my darling friend Peggy and any other fellow farmgirls...the more the merrier! We will all keep in touch :)
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  9:47:56 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like great fun.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  1:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...glad your box arrived!!! And I can't believe I didn't put a note in with the waxers. They are for making your needle
and thread go through fabric easier. Especially great for hand-sewing or embroidery,crewel work etc. You just run them over the
wax. Make sure the tip of your needle gets into the wax. (a little jab ought to do it). Also, though they can be used for
potholders (my mom does) they are actually knit dish clothes for the kitchen. I have even had some gals tell me they were too
pretty to use for those two purposes and they used them for doilies. LOL ...so, whatever...works for me. I just love making
them. Anyway, the antique elf tree sitter...I use to have tons of those and gave them to my son with all the family ornaments
that I passed down. That one I found at the antique mall. Have you seen the New Version..."The Elf On The Shelf" sold at most
books stores during the Holidays and now they have made a movie of it too? Well, now you have an antique (original) Elf on the
Shelf. LOL

Anyway...Phyllis, yes the more the merrier on the Meet-Up in Portland this Summer!

Again...everyone who wishes to come...email your addresses and full name and I will notify you when it will
happen.

Love and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:36:13 PM  Show Profile

Finally pictures of the wonderful stocking presents from Peggy! One of my two adorable stockings!

Edited by - tammyc on Dec 04 2011 8:47:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:37:27 PM  Show Profile

All my goodies together! Check out the adorable handmade dishtowel dress on the left...it actually velcros onto my oven handle :)

Thanks for sharing the tips about the wax Peggy...so clever! And the dishcloths...definitely too pretty to use. I tried to get a good photo of the locket, but my camera kept flashing and made it too light. It is so charming! I love it all :)

Edited by - tammyc on Dec 04 2011 8:47:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:40:33 PM  Show Profile

This is my darling vintage "elf on the shelf" with all my other elves and a closeup of the darling one from Peggy...definitely the star of the group. I have seen the book and elf at Barnes and Noble and just love it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Stuff a Stocking****Closed :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page