Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  7:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was all excited for today. My sister and I were going to go on a trail ride together- it was going to be AWESOME! The weather looked good and we were excited.

Then she couldn't come right away and was running about 2 hours late which made the other people in our party have to decide to leave without us and one stayed.

Which meant that horse we were borrowing for her was being used without her owner around. The horse seemed to be doing fine but then started having some behavior issues and my sister ended up being thrown. Luckily I had insisted that she wear my helmet and she is only bruised.

So then my sister decided to leave to do other things since riding was not working out, so the other gal and I tried to ride and a HUGE wind came barreling down the valley and our nerves were already shot so we called it a day.

I had been looking forward to this day so much it was such a disappointment that we didn't get to have the nice relaxing day.

Then I come home and take a nap only to wake up and find that Nora had gotten into the laundry soap while her dad was watching football and got laundry soap ALL over the clothes in the laundry room and the floor.

So much for a relaxing day!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  04:06:36 AM  Show Profile
so sorry to hear that the day tanked......
i had a horrid horrid episode with my mother and am about to divorce myself from her- this is my birth mother whom i sought out......soon as i get the remainder of my things of her property we are done.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  04:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Momma told me there'd be days like this. I am sure you will look back on this day with laughter...just not today!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  06:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Margo- I am sorry that you had such a bad falling out with your birth mother. That has to cut deep, especially since you wanted a positive relationship with her.

Diane- I am sure I will but it might take a long time. I called my sister last night and we had a long talk. She is doing good and handling the day well but she cofessed doubt as to whether she really wanted to get back into riding. I told her that if I didn't think she was a good rider then I wouldn't have had her get on my mare (which I had her do while I was trying to suss out the issues with the borrowed horse. That made her feel much better. I am just hoping this doesn't sour her on riding because she has been a rider off and on her whole life and has loved horses since she was born.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  07:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

Kudos for encouraging her to wear a helmet!! Maybe a ride around the arena a few times, then out the gate, then a little farther, then a little farther...and before you know it, your sister will be by your side on a trail ride! One big thing I learned from John Lyons was to break things down into baby steps...works for the horse, works for the human too!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  08:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I am so glad all your sister got was some bruises when she was thrown off. She was very fortunate for sure. I don't blame her for leaving after that. But I am so sorry you had such a bad day. That does happen sometimes. And be glad Nora didn't get in some bleach! Your hubby needs to have his momma ears on when he is watching her from now on. Guys just don't seem to have those.

I hope the rest of your week is lots better. I am sending you happy thoughts.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  3:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Alee - I am so sorry to hear the day you waited for went so horribly wrong. I've been there - it stinks. My heart goes out to you.

I've also been in that Mommy Moment where you've had a long, bad day and kid craziness derails it even further. Back when my oldest two girls were just 4 and 2 and I was having a challenging pregnancy with my third daughter, I had a VERY, VERY rough day (I won't even go into details). We got home and I ran to the bathroom for all of five minutes, and when I got back to the family room I found that the two girls had decided to "bake a cake" - which consisted of them dumping out my kitchen canisters of flour, oats and sugar on the carpeted family room floor. In a pile! I burst out in sobs. The clean-up took about 45 minutes and all my main baking staples were gone. I still remember how mad I was.

I hope you get another chance for quality time with your sister and the day goes smoothly!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  5:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! Your love and support means a lot to me! My sister is taking the whole situation with good grace. Someday soon I am going to have a day to myself where NOTHING is a disaster.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  7:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, Alee!! I'm thinking you need to be journaling and getting ready to write a book. Days like your day would make Erma Bombeck proud!! Sure hope tomorrow brings a new and uneventful day!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  7:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Oh Mary Beth! Thank you for your kind works. You couldn't have known this, but I love Erma Bombeck! Erma Bombeck was an amazing writer. I read her books when I was in middle school. Even though I was young and had never been married or had kids- her writing made me see from her perspective. It was a sad day when she passed away!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  7:47:46 PM  Show Profile
It certainly was!!! Sounds like you've got your "attitude on right"!! :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Not a good day! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page