kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
I am not a shopper. I hate it. I do not like looking at clothes. At all. I never find anything that looks good on me in my size. Seems like after size 18 clothes get really ugly. I do go to thrift stores and find nice sh**s though.

Anyway, went to Kmart today to get my makeup. I am going out of town next week to my niece's wedding so really need to have some decent clothes. Like without stains or hay or chicken poo or that smell like a buck. And I had money. And the stars must have been all lined up just right. Because I found clothes! And I liked them! And they fit! SO I bought them. They were also mostly on sale! I was so excited. That does not happen often.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby. I needed more yarn to finish an afgan. I found the cotton yarn ON SALE for $1.37! I got some.

Then went to Earth Fare. I had a coupon for some free seltzer water but had to spend $5.00. Are you kidding me? I can do that as soon as I walk in there. And almost all the things I needed were on sale! Like my Hawthorn pills, $6.99. So got 2. My facial pads on sale for $5.99. Got 2 of them. The King Arthur bread flour and AP flour were 2 for $7.00. Got 4 of them. I want to start making different breads like artisan style breads. And the 32 oz. bottles of Kefir were on sale 2 for $6.00.

Not a bad shopping day for me. I feel good about spending that money this time. Most of the time I feel bad about spending money. But I thought I did pretty darn good today. I won't have to get these certain items for awhile. And I have a really good stockpile of toilet paper that should last a good 6 months. I really feel good about that. As long as I have toilet paper, I am happy!

Anyone else ever have great shopping days like mine?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  6:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! Those kinds of days are great. Hope you have a great time at the wedding.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  7:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  7:07:04 PM  Show Profile
I got it to work!

The above picture is my motto. I love to shop, unless I can't find what I need. It is frustrating to go from store to store and score nothing. I'm glad you had a great day of it!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  7:54:12 PM  Show Profile
I love that, Julie. And I totally agree. It was fun and great therapy at the same time. I don't shop alot but when I find good deals, it makes up for it.

Thanks, FarmDream. I hope to. I haven't been anywhere in 3 years. I think it's time. And I love Savannah. It's the most beautiful place and the beach is great. I used to live there years ago.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  05:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Hope you have many-many more! You so deserve them. Have a great time at the wedding.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  5:42:32 PM  Show Profile
oh kris i love it when this sort of thing happens. yipee for you. it will make your trip that much more fun. i want to hear all about it. i would be eating seafood every day. happy days for you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  7:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, we are going to the Pirates House in Savannah Sat. night. I haven't been there in years. It was the best place to eat seafood in Savannah. Then there is another place about halfway to the beach I think it's William's seafood that is so good too. I love the seafood there. And of course Bubba's rest. near the beach. That's Paula Deen's brother. And we will have to go to her rest. too in Savannah. So many good places to eat there. Then there is River St. I am gaining weight just thinking about about all these places. There's a candy shop on River St. that makes the best ever pralines. And they give free samples!

I will have a good time. I just need to not think about home. And all my critters. I will miss them so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  04:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I don't like shopping either, but when you hit a day like you had, it sure can change your mind! Sounds like you hit all the deals and luck was on your side. :) WAHOO!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  05:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
Sounds like you got your dollar's worth. Good for you. It will be great to feel confident in your new clothes at the wedding. Hope you have a great time.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  06:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Now if I could find an old cast iron wood heater I would be very happy! We need one so bad. I will start going to antique and thrift stores next week when I get back. Hopefully I will find one. And I'll look on CL too.

Thanks, Marianne. It's going to be fun just to get away but I am already looking forward to coming back home. I love it here. I would so rather be home than anywhere else.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  1:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Kris, So happy you had a "fun" shopping day :)! Love when that happens!
Eat some good food for me while in Savannah - love Bubba's and Paula Dean's, Have to have a ticket to get into Paula's place, or did the last time I was there. Got ticket early in am for afternoon meal!
Just enjoy every minute of your trip - the "farm kids" will be fine, but I know they will miss you!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  3:50:17 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I have been to both places. Had to wait in the longest line ever to get into Paula's place. But it was oh so worth the wait. So I guess we will get there early to get some tickets so we will have a seat later. She needs a few more restaurants I guess. And I think I will miss the animals way more than they will. As long as they have food and water they don't really care who gives it to them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  3:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Forgot to say me and the grands went to the Chattanooga market today and I found a quart jar full of chamomile flowers for tea for just $5.00. I thought that was way cheap. The jar cost about $1.25 at least. But I was so excited when I saw all those dried flowers. I will have some good tea.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Great day to shop Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page