Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Anyone in Arizona need some poultry?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Anyone in Arizona need some poultry? Next Topic  

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  4:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey farmgals, A local valley rescue/rehab duck rescuer is suffering a death of someone very close to her very unexpectedly. This person provided considerable physical and financial support to the rescue and as a result "Webfoot Rescue" can no longer maintain itself. It's vitally important to find homes as soon as possible for as many sanctuary animals quickly as the feed fund is dwindling down by the day and the death of this rescue partner resulted in the loss of his property where many sanctuary animals were kept.

I exchanged several emails with her last night and she desperately needs homes for over a hundred ducks, many geese, guineas, turkeys, chickens and several good natured roos in addition to many foster cats and kittens she's been supporting above and beyond the feed and vet bills she already had just from the birds. She's having the hardest time placing the kitties, geese and the roos. There's no shortage of people willing to take hens but not many willing to take the accompanying roosters. She's accepting any and all donations for feed (either paypal or bags of food) and placing many birds for free to good forever homes as pets (not food.) Many different breeds of singles, pairs, and flocks including campbells, runners, sweedish, buffs, rouens, cayugas, calls, Embden geese, buff geese-- you name it, it's been abandoned and she picked it up, vetted it to health and it's been waiting to go to a home.

I promised her I'd share information anywhere it may be seen by poultry lovers.

You can reach the rescue contact information via webfootrescue.com. If for any reason it doesn't work send me a forum PM and I'll get you Tammy's phone number directly. She operates out of Gilbert, but often travels all over the valley and can set up some kind of transportation if it's too far for you.
I'll be doing a pickup soon and I live in the far West Valley out near Buckeye.

I'm tightening up the feedbags, and taking in more birds too. You'll see me bragging on my new pair of geese (plus more ducks) soon enough!

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  3:06:54 PM  Show Profile
What a sweet hen you are girl!...If I lived there I would definitely be there getting what I could so they would continue to have a great life....I hope that she does get enough people to help take in the babies.....keep us up to date please...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  6:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Called her up yesterday just to see how she's doing. The friend who passed left her all his final business, including a house that has an upside down mortgage, so she and some volunteers were gutting it out and carpeting it today to get it rented out before she has to worry about foreclosure on his (now her) house. He passed at home, so she had all the authorities there dealing with this death, and one of the police officers decided to take it upon himself to point out that she didn't have a rescue permit for that particular residence so all the animals had to be out the next day and moved to another foster home. It's just been one thing after another for this poor gal :(

She's got the chickens, turkeys and guineas placed now and the geese are dwindling down. Her biggest need is to get more ducks placed, and the foster cats the dearly departed took in.
Also food. She is running off of donations right now and struggling to get all the animals enough food. She can use dog food, cat food, chicken feed, any of that. Most of what she's gotten has been from broken bags the humane society can't use for legal reasons. The pity is that the big pet stores HAVE TO dispose of any and all broken bags and lock their dumpsters because they've had people dumpster dive for the bags, and then return them for cash. I can just picture all this high quality pet food going in the trash and it's really really sad. >_<

Please continue prayers for Tammy, if you're of a praying persuasion. Not only is she nowhere near out of the financial woods yet, when everything is finally settled and the rescue animals are all placed, she's going to be struggling with purpose in her life.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Anyone in Arizona need some poultry? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page