sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  06:39:18 AM  Show Profile
wow thank you laurie, i do miss him soooo much he is a fine man husband dad and friend. it looks like about 10 days till he is home. hope all is well for you girls today. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  07:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that Penelope is on the mend and I will keep her and you still in my thoughts and prayers. Your guy will be home soon - time flies and the reunion will be grand.

Hugs dear one

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  7:06:15 PM  Show Profile
hi girls, i thought i would bring this back up we are still working on trying to save her for milking. she is still sick. so i am doing things that are not protocol she is on her second day of todays and dmso. she is handling this well. we are going to do this for at least 6 days. i also gave her a shot of bio-mycin (same as la-200). i am going to give her more shots. most cows with this type of mastitus they never get well. this has been months of trying to help her. so now she has had vit. b complex shots and selenium-e. when this is done we will do an herbal infusion made for her. so hoping for more prayers for her. she is such a fine girl.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  7:55:37 PM  Show Profile
well i think an update is in order. we have been milking penny and feeding her milk to the stock. so we decided to test each quarter separate.we sent it to wash vet school. we have 2 rear teats that show healthy. this is wonderful news. wash. state univ is helping me. so we are going to test one more time to be sure with the results. things are looking up for her. she is such a great cow she loves to be milked. so tomorrow i am keeping her milk from back quarters going to use it as personal milk for now. we are encouraged for sure happy days here for penelope and us.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  8:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Great news, Sherry!!! So happy to hear your lovely lady may come out of this A-OK :D

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  08:53:28 AM  Show Profile
That is great news, Sherrye! Fresh good milk. Ya just can't beat that. I can hardly wait til I have some. I hope you get good news on the other 2 soon.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  2:30:31 PM  Show Profile
i thought i would bump this up. it has been awhile now of treating her. i used synergy products on her. i am now 7 days out from treatment. i am using the cmt kit and dr. naylor cards. she has tested perfect for 5 days now. i have some flecks of fat that melt in the strainer. i made butter today. its great tasting. so i will send it off to be tested again. i need to get the money together first. so i am pleased to say she is doing great. as soon as i get a cord for the camera i will post a pic of penelope and isabelle. so some happy days here filled with hope. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  08:47:01 AM  Show Profile
Sherry: I am praying for Penelope. Can't wait to see her picture.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile
well my computer guy is coming. i am going to have him help me. she tested good again today. made butter yesterday. so far its sweet. so hopefully i will be back on with a pic. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  11:47:00 AM  Show Profile
I AM SELLING HER MILK TODAY>>> this is a milestone. i am so happy. i will post a pic soon. happy days here sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1504 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  7:19:55 PM  Show Profile
That's awesome news Sherry! You have been so patient and diligent and now that effort has paid you back! Hope Penelope continues to enjoy good health!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  7:18:19 PM  Show Profile
http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/Silkpursefarm/?action=view¤t=pondbillybobtoddyandpenny346.jpg i am hoping this works. after 8 months and tons of sweating praying and treating the girl is well so here is penelope the cow with 9 lives. happy days for her. if this works i will add another pic. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  7:23:31 PM  Show Profile
well i thought i posted one pic of penny. nope i put a link to all the animal pics. LOL so she is in their first pic that comes up. i have no idea how to change what i did. so the other blonde cow is our cripple cow maudie. she came in august 2011. so i rode on pennys back today. i am trying to train her to ride me. happy days for her.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile
She is beautiful. I had to look at all the pictures too. Who is that at the very end with the cut udder? I hope she's better.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  9:02:12 PM  Show Profile
if you think back a few years. when i first was a farmgirl i rescued a cow. she was so bad we had to put her down. very sad the calves had chewed her teats up. i was so mad at the flks we got that cow from. they left her in pastures with grown calves chewing her up.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye, I am sorry I missed this. But I am very glad to hear She is on the mend.
Your last post about the cow with the chewed up utters; makes me angry too! Why do people get an animal and then neglect it? Sad :(

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  06:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I do remember her now, Sherrye. And Penelope is such a beautiful cow. I love her light coloring. And those udders! Are they all 4 working good now? You are such a great farmer. I saw all that produce you get for free to feed all your animals and it just makes me sad that all that food is just thrown away. When there are so many hungry people right here. I am so glad you get all that and put it to good use.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic penelope is well PICS ADDED Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page