Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic
Page: of 7

BrendaPetersen
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Brenda
Stapleton Nebraska
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  3:12:33 PM  Show Profile
According to my delivery confirmation Phyllis (pinokeeo) your package should have arrived today. Blessings.

"be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor the devil says - ah crap SHE'S up!!!"

www.allingoallout.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  10:12:46 PM  Show Profile
I received my whimsy jar tonight and have not opened it yet, but it looks like it's going to be much fun to go through. I will post pictures tomorrow.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  07:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Whimsy jar sent to Jamie (and Anne) last friday, so it should be there soon. Just let me know it arrived safely and I will do the same. Hope everyone is having a happy day.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait, Joey. Yours went out via priority mail yesterday, so I hope it arrives quickly! Thank you for swapping with me as an extra. :)

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  09:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Anne, the mailman just brought my whimsy jar. I haven't opened it yet but I wanted you to know it got here safely. I hope yours does too. I'll open soon. I'm so excited!! Joey

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Anne, WOW!! I love everything...the doilies, hanky, flowers, old postcard, chocolate,spoon, wonderful jewelry, lots. I think the thing I liked the most is the little snowflake ornament. Did you make that? We don't get much snow here in Florida (thank God.) so that makes me think of you and MN the most. Loved the scrabble tiles. Thank you for your many farmgirl kindness and for getting it all in a jar. Joey

Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  04:17:45 AM  Show Profile
Portia and I were able to do lunch yesterday and exchange our jars. We had a great time, how fun to have a FarmGirl so close. Thanks to you Portia for all the goodies you crammed into and onto my jar. I especially love the moose socks and tags. I wore the scarf all the rest of the day!

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

Edited by - grammytammy on Dec 08 2011 04:20:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  09:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Joey,

I'm so glad we received each others jars on the same day, that is way fun! I sent you a quick e-mail last night, but wanted to let you know here, too. I loved everything, it was so much fun going through all of the little treasures that you stuffed into the jar. The vintage photos and postcards, buttons, shells, beads, collage items, the special owl and little birds, the brooch, the ruler, the chocolate, the homemade washcloth (I know I'm forgetting things, I'm at work!). Thank you!! I also enjoyed reading your note about where everything came from. I'll write a more detailed e-mail as soon as I can!

I did not make the snowflake, I can't recall where it came from, but I thought it was a good winter representation of MN!

~Anne

Edited by - annemary on Dec 08 2011 09:18:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  09:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
is this closed this seems like fun wen ur taking new ppl if you could let me i would love to join thanks.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Anne, you are so welcome. This was a little "extra" that we decided to do after the cut-off was closed and I'm so glad we did. What wonderful fun..and a new friend, I think.

Jamie, Have you gotten your jar yet? I mailed it the same day I mailed Annes but you live farther so it should come soon. I hope it arrives safely. Joey

Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:41:09 AM  Show Profile
I received the most wonderful whimsy jar from springdoeling, Sue. Thankyou so much! It was stuffed with alphabet stickers, scrapbook papers, markers, a stamp, coffee, teechino ( I LOVE teechino)soaps, a dishcloth,garden seeds and fertiliser, craft supplies and lots of love! I wish I could upload photos so you all could see the whimsy box! She actually packed a whimsy jar in a box of goodies...(Hersheys' mint kisses)... But the best is probably the new canning jar and ring, Yay! I will think of you, Sue, when I can something in it. Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

You whimsy box was sent off this week, a little late, but the PO reassured me you will have it before the weekend.

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

springdoeling
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Susan
Machias ME
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  10:06:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm so delighted that it arrived safe and sound and that you enjoyed all the goodies! I had so much fun packing it and, while I know it was just supposed to be a jar, there was no way to squeeze scrapbooking/card making (12 x 12) sheets in there! Or the coffee for that matter! And I'm delighted that canning jar will be well used! Enjoy! Enjoy! And I'll post as soon as mine arrives!!

Many blessings!

quote:
Originally posted by IdahoShamrock

I received the most wonderful whimsy jar from springdoeling, Sue. Thankyou so much! It was stuffed with alphabet stickers, scrapbook papers, markers, a stamp, coffee, teechino ( I LOVE teechino)soaps, a dishcloth,garden seeds and fertiliser, craft supplies and lots of love! I wish I could upload photos so you all could see the whimsy box! She actually packed a whimsy jar in a box of goodies...(Hersheys' mint kisses)... But the best is probably the new canning jar and ring, Yay! I will think of you, Sue, when I can something in it. Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

You whimsy box was sent off this week, a little late, but the PO reassured me you will have it before the weekend.

Farmgirl #2125

"...and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God." Micah 6:8
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile
This makes me so happy!
quote:
Originally posted by grammytammy

Portia and I were able to do lunch yesterday and exchange our jars. We had a great time, how fun to have a FarmGirl so close. Thanks to you Portia for all the goodies you crammed into and onto my jar. I especially love the moose socks and tags. I wore the scarf all the rest of the day!

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to Tammy, also, for all the goodies she had in and around my jar: bookmarks (one she had cross-stitched),tons of buttons and lace, the cutest little bag she made that holds different bags of tea and can be rolled up and carried in your purse for those times eateries don't have a flavor you like, a mug ( I collect mugs!!!), a tiny book of selected psalms, candles, and many other things too numerous to mention. Oh, and of course, earrings--in brown glass--I love earrings and the color brown!It is wonderful to have my first friend in my new town to be a MJF sister. And, my jar was vintage----awesome! But, the most awesome thing is that we both love the Lord.
Merry Christmas to al,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:10:19 PM  Show Profile
And, that precious vintage hankie! I told you there were too many things to remember!

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Joanna (TansyShy) I received my fabulous package today! Wow! You went to town on finding things from Alaska. I love all the postcards, buttons, stickers, recipes, trinkets and so much more. And the jar is so cute! I've already thought of something to use it for on my craft table. Thank you!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

springdoeling
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Susan
Machias ME
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  09:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Kathy (IdahoShamrock)has completely and utterly spoiled me!! I have a crazy day today, as well as an all-nighter tonight to finish up some costuming and some baking for tomorrow, but I promise to take pictures and post properly on Sunday afternoon!! I'm beside myself!! Kathy, thank you so VERY, VERY much! What lovely, lovely, special items! Can't wait to take pictures (although the pic might be minus a little chocolate) and show everyone. Thank you again so very much!!
Susan (springdoeling)

"...and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God." Micah 6:8
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  11:07:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jamie, are you OK? I haven't heard from you despite a few e-mails. I don't know if you got the whimsey jar from me and I haven't received one from you. This is unlike you so I'm a little worried. You haven't been on the forums this month either. I'm really just checking on you..you never write..you never call..isn't that a song or something? :-) Joey

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  02:35:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm retiring after this.

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  02:39:59 AM  Show Profile
What can we learn from this: DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!!!

When did you send the jar? Please tell me it was before I posted huge messages to not send your jar if you not in contact with your partner.
quote:
Originally posted by Joey

Hi Jamie, are you OK? I haven't heard from you despite a few e-mails. I don't know if you got the whimsey jar from me and I haven't received one from you. This is unlike you so I'm a little worried. You haven't been on the forums this month either. I'm really just checking on you..you never write..you never call..isn't that a song or something? :-) Joey

Go to Top of Page

springdoeling
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Susan
Machias ME
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  04:10:24 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to try to remember absolutely everything that Kathy spoiled me with in my box!! There was just so much and it was all so awesome (Kathy, if I forget anything, please forgive me; it will all be loved and used!!). I don't think I mentioned my plaid addiction in my list of favorite items, but Kathy covered it with some GORGEOUS handmade cards; there was a fabulous book on counted cross-stitch, what looks to be an amazing novel (A story built around an infected fabric bolt, really?!?! You're REALLY, REALLY AMAZING Kathy! Can't wait to jump into those pages!!); seven wooden thread spools; two yummy sounding coffees, a HUGE bar of awesome moisturizing soap; a handmade bookmark for my novel (or cross-stitch book); two lovely candles that smell VERY Christmas-y; an old card of wool that is just lovely and will find a home in some embroidery before being tucked away with a few strands left on it with my others; a lovely note (that I'll also likely use as a bookmark since it's just so pretty -- Kathy, I also have that rose stamp!); three cards of beautiful buttons; and an EXQUISITE, lace-edged hankie to add to my collection!!! I am so very spoiled and incredibly humbled by your lovely gifts, Kathy. Thank you so very, very much!! And, of course, I can't forget all the lovely, delicious, decadent individual squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolates (raspberry and mint) that I savored!! Hopefully this will let me attach more than one picture but, if not, I'll just do the one overall shot and leave out the closer ups. Kathy, thank you again and again so very much!!!

Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Sue...you are an amazing stager! You have arranged all of those goodies in such an artful way. They all look far better than when I packed your box! haha

Thankyou for being my partner. I so enjoyed choosing items for you and I love receiving your box. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Farmgirl #2125

Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  08:53:09 AM  Show Profile
And thankyou, Trish, for arranging this swap. I enjoyed it enourmously. The best part was exchanging emails with Sue. Farmgirls make the best friends!

Farmgirl #2125

Go to Top of Page

springdoeling
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Susan
Machias ME
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  3:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Kathy, for being my partner as well. Farm girls are the BEST!! I so enjoyed this swap. Thank you, too, Trish, for arranging this awesome swap!! Kathy, I absolutely LOVED everything and I'm planning on jumping right into the book tonight!!

Blessings of this Christmas season to ALL.
Susan (springdoeling)

quote:
Originally posted by IdahoShamrock

Oh my goodness, Sue...you are an amazing stager! You have arranged all of those goodies in such an artful way. They all look far better than when I packed your box! haha

Thankyou for being my partner. I so enjoyed choosing items for you and I love receiving your box. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Farmgirl #2125

Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  8:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I received the jar and all the other goodies. I love the way you decorated the jar and there was so much in the package. Thank you very much. I pray you will recover all of your strength. Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page