Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 some of my scrap crafts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic some of my scrap crafts Next Topic
Page: of 12

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  4:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
frannie I am going a little crazy with stuff right now I will get you the girls head mesurements by Monday . But I need to know is it around the head near the eyebrows or is it from the nape of the neck to theeybrows . I hope that made since. Let me know I will be out alot from the next three days but will check in at night and early in the morning. thanks sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  4:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Darling things Fran!! And I love your sense of humor with your dad's picture. Very cute!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  7:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Fran,
I would be more then happy to get you some fabrics here!! What kinds would you like? I can get you silk scarves and pillow cases for decent prices from India and Indionisia. I can get all kinds of fabric from China with oriental designs in many colors..just let me know. Also in Oct or Nov I think is when they have a bunch of bazares here and I may be able to get you used and old kimonos or kimono fabric..and if it is for scraps, I can get the cheaper ones that have spots and such here and there on them but still have a lot of usable fabric...just let me know! I would be thrilled to help/trade!
Hugz!
Talitha

PS if I go back to Korea any time soon I can get you tons of 100% silk ties for around $5 each, and they are really nice..remind me if I mention a trip ok? and thanks for the Semper Fi!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Aug 10 2006 8:00:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  9:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks again to hear from all you farmgirls.
tomorrow our oldest grandson, deven goes to his first day of kindergarten! what a day!
and his omie.....that would be me, gets to pick him up from school and have him here with me after school. it is a sweet and exciting thing to share time with your little grandkids. so i will be checking with this post and trying to prepare some new pics to show yall but untiil monday or tuesday there may be no new news as i will either be spending time with little deven, or boo-hooing over what a big boy he is and how fast the time goes...you know what i mean.
anyway, talitha i will be able to be more specific about what to look for next week, it would be great to work out a trade that would work for both of us.
thanks,
fran
oops, sunshine i measure the head, more like the first way.
thanks
fran
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  06:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Know how you feel, I have four grand daughters, the two youngest start school this year, they both just turned five, they are nine days apart, can't believe how fast time goes, seems like they were just running around here in diapers.I must admit I'am getting better at this school thing, because I have had to watch the two others go off to school, but still its a big step in their lives.
Look forward to seeing the things you make. not to much garage sale season left here, but if you would tell me some of the things you would like me to keep a look out for, I will. But I will still be more then happy to pay you for some of your handy work.Hope Buttercup can get you some nice material, wouldn't that be great?
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  07:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
nancy jo.
dont you just love being a grandma, we have 5 under the age of 5. deven is the oldest, he has a sister3,olivia. then we have 2 boys in upper new york state, liam 3 and elliott 1. their dad is in afghanistan and the boys and their mom, my daughter were able come for a visit in june, but i dont see them near enough. my last grandchild is autumn. she is about 18 months and the other kids call her "awesome".
anyway after this weekend i hope to post new pics and respond to the emails, and post and
get alittle more organized. i had noticed on your post earlier that you are a garage sale person. i also have that disease im afraid.i mostly look for items that i can make my crafts with but i must admit i dont rule out anything. hehehehehehe
of course i look for linens, and if they are distressed i use them in my crafts, or parts of them. i have a big weakness for ties cause i use the silk, but my local goodwill helps me with that they usually sell them to me for .25 cents or a bulk for aprice. as i post more crafts i think you will see what i look for.
of course i would prefer getting paid money for crafts, but sometimes bartering works out just as well, and trading or bartering i think gives people a chance to get what they want without busting the budget, and how else would i get some of sunshines lovely hand work without bartering cause i cant afford the cost but i know that her work is good quality and that it is worth it, cause i have seen similar work over the years, and no body was giving that kind of work away, you know what i mean?
what kind of treasures do you like to collect? are you a generalist like me, or is anything fair game? my dh says this is what i look for at sales,1.the heaviest item.2.the item that needs the most work.3 the heaviest item that needs the most work....heheheheheheheheh
but he is a good sport. his mom is the garage sale queen and i have to say in that regard she trained him well. they still go garage saling when he goes to see her.
well, i do go on. wish you were here today, our little town has its trade days this weekend so every one has garage sales in conjunction with this weekend. its small but interesting.
the mother of all trade days in texas is canton, it is about 2 hours south of us and a monster of a sale. i have only gone 1 time. i prefer the small sales. like diggin through a favorite old aunties attic. how about you?
anyway i should be back on line monday.
love to all the farmgirls,
fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  09:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
to frannie
I guess we are both having a long weekend me with meetings and you with family. My meetings are done. From sitting in a not so comfortable chair for 4 hours one day 12 the next day and about 10 the next I am kind of messed up at the momment I am going to the chiro tomorrow then I will measure their heads and get that to you thank you. I made tons of yoyo's during the meeting probably afew hundred that my children traced. They went over board on the yo-yo exchange. So I might be able to send some of those too if you want them for your projects.

www.sunshines.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  3:47:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Fran,
Wow, are you talented... I know an OT who is one of the most resourceful, creative women... and was sure you would be as well. Then you share your work, and was I ever right. It really is lovely. Your dad is a handsome guy, and I bet you and your sister were dearly loved. I know these nail aprons well--my husband was born with a hammer in hand. The aprons are a good size for gardening!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  07:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
To Frannie
Ok I am back to life with a funtioning back. I just hate when my back goes out ( I have scholiosis) I am just in pain till I can get an appointment with the chiro. Luckily I was able to get in early monday. So now I can get back to my stack of projects. ha ha
1st one kkids head measurements
my oldest is 21 inches
my middle is 20 1/2 inches
my little is 20 inches
not much difference is there

I think I have some cream or tan silk and maybe some thin wool ( gaberdine) that you might be able to use in your projects I will look. I think I remember someone traading me a box of fabric 3 years ago that I have never used. I will look for it if I find it you will get some if you want it.

www.sunshines.etsy.com

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 15 2006 08:33:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  08:25:24 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine,
Glad to see you are feeling better, we miss you when you are not here.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  08:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thank you Nancy

www.sunshines.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  6:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
well, our little deven made it to kindergarten. he said his first day was great and he calls himself"kindergarten boy".
thanks for the measurements, sunshine, i'll get started on those hats.
i have completed some new pincushions and ill be posting fotos soon. i still dont know how to take the photos from my camera and get them on the disc, but my dh knows so it will be dependent on he and i getting together long enough for him to teach me how.
i hope that happens tonite or tomorrow.
thanks for being patient.
fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  6:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I don't know if I ever said the pin cushions I like are the round ones.

www.sunshines.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  08:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi sunshine,
thanks for letting me know, i am finishing up on some current crafts which will be available since some of the original ones i posted were not still here. i also have some other crafts i do that were not in the pics. hope to get those posted today or tomorrow if my camera co-operates.
also since i am making new pincushions, what colors do you like? intense or muted, country or dramatic or vintage looking? etc. i dont usually make things for folks, i just make things and then sell them, you know what i mean, but since i am making these with you in mind to purchase let me know what you would like in the pincushio, ie fabric colors and i will try to find some fabric like that. i also dont know if you would like the look that is more kitschy or modern or vintage, my bet is on romantic and vintage but that is a guess, there may be a kitschy or moderne side to sunshine that is waiting to come out!
oh gosh i do get carried away, but you know how we farmgirls are about our crafts and creations. good to here from you sunshine and thanks for being patient with this senior citizen farmgirl! hehehehehehehehe
love, fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  08:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
intense colors ( jewel tones velvets things like that) vintage not kitschy at all. modern is also fine. Actually I like lots of modern stuff. Senior citizen farmgirl ( just curious how old are you) I always forget people are different ages you can not always tell that through typed words.

www.sunshines.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  12:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
well,
i'm 55 and i feel every bit of it this week, i had planned a real productive week of crafting so i could post new pics, thought i would do that my tuesday....then unexpected guest for 2 days, thats a good thing. and then some goat work, it was expected but i forgot. so here are some pics, i hope they show up,,,its late and im a little dingy:
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  01:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay, here goes:these should be pics of some small lamps i am making with vases, kind of like what you might use on a vanity, the 2nd pic i think is of some stuffed felted animals, anelephant, ahorse, well two horses.
i hope thats right.
fran
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  01:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay this should be a felted stuffed toy
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  01:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
so know my post are all messed up, i thought i was decreasing the size..okay i am going to go to the practice area, i feel like i am screaming at everyone or at least throwing stuffed animals at them.
sorry,fran
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  04:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
LOL Fran!!
Its ok the stuffed animals are soft but the lamp...ouch! he he !
Anyway, I love the horse and elephant! how adorable!!
Thanks for sharing even if it was thrown our way!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  07:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks, talitha,
fran

Edited by - frannie on Aug 18 2006 4:34:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  08:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
still editing,fran

Edited by - frannie on Aug 18 2006 4:35:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
this seems to be working, but some are not responding.
anyway, this is a group of new pincushions.
fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
to make it work you probably have to go in and edit each post deleat the old picture and repost a new one in its place.

my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks sunshine,
i'm trying to do that now. now do you believe i'm a senior citizen....hehehehehehe.
thanks for the help.
love, fran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic some of my scrap crafts Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page