Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 some of my scrap crafts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic some of my scrap crafts Next Topic
Page: of 12

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  9:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i'm trying to learn to edit and remove all the giant post.
fran

Edited by - frannie on Aug 18 2006 4:31:20 PM

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  9:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay. i realize i am responding to my own topic but i am still excited about posting my photos, is this like talking to yourself cyberspace .i cant believe it, im posting pics.
okay, i posted a pic but it was Huge so now i am learning to edit post.
fran

Edited by - frannie on Apr 03 2008 5:43:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  9:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, good job on posting the pics! Teddie is so dear, and the pincushions are very nice also. Are those journals or books in the background that you made? And did you knit Teddie's sweater? Well done all around, thanks for sharing! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:08:12 PM  Show Profile
I love your things!! Wow..you are talented!! Thanks for posting the pictures Fran!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message

fran

Edited by - frannie on Aug 18 2006 4:32:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:18:45 PM  Show Profile
lovely creations. very nice.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  11:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank you all so much for the great responses and encouragement, it means alot.
fran
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  01:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Fran,
So cool!! I love the journals!!! They are lovely!! After Catherine gets hers I will see if I can post pictures of the one I made for her. And I love the teddy..but then I collect them! So I have a weakness for those!! Do you sell your crafts?
Thank you for sharing!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  05:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Very cute & a nice job. Actually I should say they are lovely not cute that is more fitting. I hope you have a s much fun making things as I do . Looks like it any way. Keep up the good work.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Fran
How cute all your things are, even have little tags on them! Do you sell them, give them away? or just let them take over the house. Anyway nice job, should take some lessons from you on using up all my bits and pieces, maybe we should have a bits and pieces section in our stitching forum, or maybe I have had to much coffee again. Keep posting those pictures Fran, we love to see them.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  07:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks again for all the great responses, i do sell them and i do give them as presents, and i also barter.
i think ive posted about this somewhere else but any way here is the history on some of the crafts.
i used to have a "real" job as an occupational therapist, but when i studied to do that work we were trained in crafts and we tried to engage our patients in crafts , music art, weaving etc so they could rehab and enjoy themselves at the same time.
anyway, that changed and i really started to feel out of place in world of healthcare as it started becoming more corporate. i was really having trouble making the adjustment from healthcare to wealthcare. my brain just doesnt want to worry about profit when a persons life is at risk, anyway i got to were i hated my work and then ......i had a heartattack.
big life change....but in a way liberating. we took a big financial jolt on this but my dh was very supportive of my staying at home.
my crafts started out as a way to occupy (sp) my time and rehab myself but of course i had all the time in the world to pursue my crafts(yea) but not as much energy(boo) and of course, limited funds(another boo)..
so my friends started sending "supplies" to me and the whole scrap craft thing took off for me. it sort of became a challenge, how do i take a scrap, what should i creat with it how can i do that without spending money?
the pincushions, or mothrepellants are cedar filled because we have a cedar mill around the corner and all our cedar is free. i wanted to fill them with lavender but it is expensive when you are going to use alot of it....and our beloved olivia is allergic to lavender(poor sweetie, i love lavender) so we can no longer have lavender around the farm.
one of my friends gave me books of fabric samples , but before i could use the samples i had to trim them up and that left me with baskets of paper backed fabric strips......i wove them into little mats and that is where the journals started.
i guess my favorite project is my "domestic goddess " aprons. they look like nail aprons but they are made from my collection of fabrics . i grew up with nail aprons cause my dad had no sons. he was a 5th generation carpenter in galveston and i adored him. he was really old enough to be my granpa, as my sister and i were both adopted after my parents were married for 15 years.Picture, doc on gunsmoke with paul neuman eyes and a lot of robert duvall thrown in. well any way i always loved hanging with my dad and when i got old enough my parents would let me go with my dad on saturdays to work on bolivar penninsula on his weekend jobs. i loved it riding on the ferry hanging out with my dad and wearing nail aprons. so
oh yea the crafts.....when i started making crafts i had to dress them up with little tags that tell their stories. i will try and post the tag that goes with the nail aprons.
when i first made the tags for those i actually cried....im such a baby sometime.
anyway thanks so much for letting me share all this, boy i did go off on a tangent didnt i.
i just love all you farmgirls,
i cant believe that sunshine and aunt jenny like my crafts, i so admire their work....boy im gonna have a great day.
love,
fran
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  07:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, your work is beautiful! There are sew many talented farmgirls out there. One can just do all their shopping from within! I just love everything that everyone does! Keep up the good work. I love the round pincushions! Since I'm a quilter, I give nice gifts like that to good customers, and of course myself! I love collecting sewing needs, so I will email you privately!

Thanks for all the pictures!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Am I correct in that there are hats in the first photo and pin cusions in the next be happy to trade you something for them. meaning 3 hats for my girls and 1 pin cushion for me. if possible a bear too.

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 08 2006 08:06:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

karen lee
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Karen
Reynoldsville PA
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Very nice crafts love the books i have lots of the sample books, i soaked the paper off of some of mine and used them to make pillow cases for my Rice is Nice heatihg pads the rest i used for book marks. If you or any one would like to chat about crafts EM me at craftcampkaren@gmail.com
Thanks Karen Lee
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I love your things! Just beautiful and just the style of things I love! It's also fun hearing your story. What is a nail apron?

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks yall so much for your wonderful responses, it is so heartwarming. you have really made my day.
i will try to answer all the replies, but i am really a mess on this computer.
okay, i hope i have posted a pic of my dad, he is the one with the darker hat on with the bill up. this is the picture that i used to make the tags for the domestic goddess apron.
this is about 1946, right after dad came home from the war.
both men have on overalls, but tied around their waist is a nail apron.it is an apron used by carpenters, and it is just a couple of pockets and a place to hang your hammer.
this is a pic of the small tag i put on my aprons where i pay homage to him as an inspiration in my life and i dedicate the domestic goddess aprons to him. i embellished the tags with a little water color to emphasize the aprons and i guess to just be a little playful cause i was recovering from a heartattack and was a little depressed i guess. i was only about46 i think.
anyway i will answere the other post and emails.
thanks again ladies you have made my day.
fran

Edited by - frannie on Apr 03 2008 5:46:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
nancy, love your idea of a thread "bits and pieces" all about our crafts and using our scraps.
i think mj's site is so stimulating i'm gonna go make some more crafts, or maybe ive had too much coffe.
thanks frannie
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
to frannie
posted a picture of some lace on the thread "some of sunshines handmade creations"

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 08 2006 8:05:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  1:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Great picture, Frannie! Thanks for explaining.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  2:24:29 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Your crafts are beautiful & you possess great talent! I wish I new more on how to be handy with a needle & thread!

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Fran I am interested in what you charge for the hats and journals as well...I think they are lovely!! I am so glad you figured out how to post pictures!! And thank you so much for sharing the history of your crafts with us.. I love knowing the history of things like that!! I tell you what...I plan to start another store when we settle back home (if we are in a good area for it) and I am coming right here to all my farmgirl pals if I do for some great things!!!
Hugz n let me know!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I'll keep a look out for that email thanks

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  06:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
wow, i have been so encouraged by all yalls comments. prior to this only my family/friends
have really seen my crafts, and i did have a small booth in town where i sold collectibles mixed in with my crafts, but we are in a small town without much traffic and i nver really heard the responses cause i wasnt in the shop. so thank you so much for the interest.
sunshine once again, i am just bowled over with your work. i sent you an email and i checked out the edgings and i think we could work out a good trade. all of them are lovely, of course, but i think the two in the middle would work the best with what i do.
i am still learning about posting pics and those pics were from a friend who likes to photo the farm when she comes for visits. i will take some time this week and learn how to post my own pics and i will show you my more current crafts.
i have some felted stuffed animalls that i make for baby gifts and also some pin cushions that i make from burr oak acorn tops(those are the really big acorns that grow on the burr oak tree). those are great to use as natural moth repellants in your closet, you just hang them from the coat hanger. also im makeing some lamps from old bud vases that are suitable for small areas, the lampshade are made from old silk flower petals. well i do go on and on...but it is so nice to have such a response , my family im afraid has overdosed on my crafts as gifts cause they've been putting up with it for years!........................
"oh look mom gave me a new pincushion"
thnks again for all the .....ooops
talitha, i was going to give you a price. the pincushions range in price from 10-25 dollars depending on the size and embellishment. the acorn pincushions are usually 7.50.
also there would be a cost for shipping? which i dont know at this time.
thanks again, you farmgirls are the best!
fran
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank you Fran, and how about the journals and hats? Could you let me know on that as well. For shipping you can go to the USPS website plug in the weight and both zip codes (to and from) and it will tell you the exact cost. I will be waiting to hear! Thanks,
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
talitha,
the journals are priced individually, and usually 7,50-10.00,some are 12.00.
i'm gonna post some new pics and also i'm probably gonna make some new items, since i've had a good response. also, on the hats i like to get 15 for them, if they are for children i like to have the head measurement and i like to make them a little bigger so they are oversized hats.
it is good for me to have a little time to make some new items.
i wonder, too if you might have access to some materials in japan that i could use and we could barter half the supply/half money ,etc.or some kind of arrangement. i l do use silks in a lot of my projects and i usually get that from neck ties that i dismantle. also i use silk ribbon cause i embelish some of my projects with silk ribbon embroidery.
i also think i could arrange a sempre fi discount. i know my dh would be disappointed if i didnt!
thanks fran
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  1:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I just love your crafts!!!!! I am interested in the hats and journals too. They would make great gifts. I think I will do all my christmas shopping with all you farm gals right here in the connection. I will e-mail you about avaliability as I think you are going to be quite busy now!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic some of my scrap crafts Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page