Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Natural remedy for those brown spots on hands?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Natural remedy for those brown spots on hands? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  3:49:05 PM  Show Profile
I noticed this summer that when I became more and more tan (only from the neck up and elbows down!) that I developed what they used to call
"liver spots?"

Sheesh.....Anyone have a natural remedy for lightening those?

Talk to me ladies.

Melody
Farmgirl #525

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile
I drink a glass of ice cold water with a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar in it. There is tons of research on all the benefits of ACV and liver spots is one of them.

You need to use organic apple cider vinegar because it has the "mother" in it. I think Braggs is the best tasting & Vitacost.com has the lowest price.

There has been many posts here about the benefits of ACV. Good luck!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  5:13:40 PM  Show Profile
I've heard lemon juice on them. But that could be a wives tale.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile
Rub a half a lemon on the tops of your hands. But it is just a process of aging and can't totally be stopped (runs in families too) - just lightened. I have them, but I feel I've earned every spot, just like I've earned every wrinkle and gray hair (although I color).
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  1:12:30 PM  Show Profile
The spots are not directly on my hands but my wrists I am sure due to exposure to the sun as they are already fading. I will try the lemon juice though!Isn't that a natural lightener for hair?

Oh...I don't color my hair anymore...got to be too much of a pain and I have quite a few gray streaks coming in especially noticeable because I always have my hair up in a bun.

Sheesh....its a pain growing old.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  09:57:37 AM  Show Profile
I color my hair because I'm one of those women who DOES NOT look good in grey hair - even my hairdresser agreed with me on that one. Must run in the family since my mom and her sister both did the same thing.

Did you wear sun screen when you were out in the sun this summer? Can't stress that hard enough - DH has melanoma from not wearing sun screen or hat outside while working and golfing in the past and now he's paying the price. So see if putting on a really high SPF sun screen will help next year.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  12:54:09 PM  Show Profile
Use sunscreen religiously. It may not fade them (your dermatologist has the only foolproof methods for that), but it will keep them from getting darker.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Natural remedy for those brown spots on hands? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page