Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Loosing weight while pregnant ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Loosing weight while pregnant ?? Next Topic  

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  2:46:08 PM  Show Profile
My DIL is due with our first grandbaby (boy) October 28th and she has only gained one pound! The Dr. has scheduled an ultrasound for next week. The baby is active and she "looks" pregnant..finally, but her face is thin, etc. She is eating well, but seems like the baby is getting everything and not so much for her. She is also RH negative. Does anyone know anything about a similar situation? I'm trying not to worry, but it's REALLY hard! Thanks for any info! Love and hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  04:17:22 AM  Show Profile
Some women just don't seem to gain much. I have known several pregnant women who had healthy babies, but were active in pregnancy and had littlw weight gain. Hope the ultrasound will confirm your grand baby is fine.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  06:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I lost weight with my pregnancy for the most part- right up until the end and that was because I was eatting horrible diner food (free with the job). What my doctor told me is that our bodies are designed to feed the baby first and us second. I am sure her health will spring back once the baby is born. It could also be that while she is eating a sufficient volume of food for an average pregnancy- perhaps her metabolism is a bit different or the baby is in a growth spurt and she should be eating more or more calorie dense foods. If she has energy and the baby is growing well- most likely everything is fine. I think we are made to worry about those who are close to us. You are such a good grandma to be! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  06:59:03 AM  Show Profile
I only gained 15 lbs with my second, and I lost 26 with my third. I have 3 giels who have mild health problems, none of which were related to my weight gains or loses. It's all been genetic problems for my girls. My dr says some women just don't 'carry' well is the best way to explain it. I can't hardly get pregnant, then my body just pours everything into the pregnancy, but I bounce right back after the baby is born. Hopefully your DIL is the same way! We'll pray for her!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  2:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better now that I've heard from you! I've just never heard of this!! I'll let you know what the ultrasound says. Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Loosing weight while pregnant ?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page