therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  11:21:54 PM  Show Profile
I am 99% sure that I'm finally going to get a little farm! In fact, it's my daughter Missy's place! We live on 5 acres now but it's on the corner of a very busy road, the home is kind of stuck out in the middle of the field, and it's going to be developed in another year. We've known about the development since about 3 months after we moved in. For that reason I haven't done much to the place -- no gardens, no animals, etc. No sense doing all that only to have it bulldozed under!

Missy is going to be moving into an apartment (long story which I will let her share should she choose to do so) and she called the other night to see if we would want to rent her place. She has put so much of herself into it in the last 3 years -- chicken coop, greenhouse, raised garden beds, etc. I would be able to inherit all that!! And I'd get to keep some of the chickens which I'm ecstatic over. I talked to her landlord today and he said move on in!! No deposit, no application, no increase in rent. It will be saving us about $200 a month over where we're living now and we'll be on 5 acres on a quiet little dirt road.

And the upside is that Missy and her boys can still visit and feel like they've never left.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

http://cottageramblings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so great Kay! I am happy for you! I sounds like it will be a great situation for both you and Missy!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  9:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kay,
That is wonderful! I can't wait to hear more about it! And the best to your daughter and her move!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  6:08:22 PM  Show Profile
A farm for my family. We so desire to live on a farm. We already purchase milk fresh from the farm and eggs as well. But we would love to be able to do this ourselves. I dream of a place large enough to have a garden to produce what my family needs, a green house as well to grow fresh farther into the summer and fall. I woudl plant blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. I would plant as many different kind of fruit trees as I could. Also nuts. I would have cows and goats. And raise our own beef and pork. Perhaps even some for profit. As I already bake from scratch this would be soooo much better. I would especially love it if there was a second small house that could be made into a tea room and gift shop. My mother does sewing and makes some lovely bags and aprons. We also both quilt and I make cards and stuff. So if it was on the same property big bonus there I would also finally have my own horse again after all this time. This is what I dream of. SOMEDAY!! Gotta keep believing

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Your Dream or Current Farm Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page