Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Calling all farmgirls with white light to spare!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Calling all farmgirls with white light to spare! Next Topic
Page: of 2

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  07:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
First of all, if your white light is going to a friend or loved one in failing health or another more pressing challenge, don't worry about us! If you can spare some hope for us, though, we'd love to count you in our corner...

In five minutes, we are leaving to talk to the woman who owns the farm we want to buy. We weren't actively looking for our farm because we're in the process of repairing our credit--the time isn't right for us to get a solid loan and get settled just yet. That didn't prevent this place from finding us, though.

Ladies, we've been haunted by this place. The same friend who introduced us to each other introduced us to this property. 16 acres. 30 acres of water rights. Two-story house. Screened-in porch. Greenhouse. Previously certified organic and easily re-certifiable. Adobe construction. Store-room and pottery space galore. A duck pond. Two balconies. Sigh.

We knew we weren't ready so we just thought, Oh well...

Well, there is another way. Several other ways, really. So we decided to go talk to her about them: Owner carry. Lease to own. Straight trade on our houses, property with an option to buy. You name it, it *can* be done, if this sweet lady is willing.

Folks, if we get this house we have more than our farm, we'll have our family because we can finally have the room to become foster parents. If you can spare some positive energy, please send soom good vibes to us and to the farmgirl we're talking with this morning. At about 10:30 AM Mountain time, we'll be sitting at a table opening our hearts and hopes for her consideration. If you're able, please think on a favorable outcome for us, our critters, and our future kids.

Your support and positive juju would be SO appreciated!

Kristina and Zach

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.

www.viscerafarms.com
http://accidentalmiracles.blogspot.com

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  07:53:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  08:11:50 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Paradise FOUND, not lost! Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you! Keep us informed, sounds positively wonderful. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  08:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thinking about you !

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kristina....prayers, prayers, and more prayers, with hugs headed your way.....oh and more prayers.
Keep us updated.
Good thoughts, and more prayers......
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:48:01 AM  Show Profile
I am thinking of you! Sounds like this is the right thing for you! I am praying it works out and you can begin living your dream now!
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  11:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Here's praying that what His will is happens.

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  1:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How did it go? Please keep us updated! *hugs!*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  1:21:51 PM  Show Profile
If it's meant to be, it will happen...and in this case, I do hope it will work out for you! yes, let us know!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Okay, so we're back from not one but two visits to the property. Our realtor--who drove up with us in our car--had an early afternoon commitment, so we had to come back after about two hours of talking with the owner. We decided to eat lunch in town and go back up in order to walk the property and house as we never did get around to that this morning. We could've stayed for hours...

No word yet on whether we can work something out, but we are infinitely encouraged--SO many things about the conversation were *exactly* what we need them to be. Some highlights of what can only be described as magical visits:

The potential is real. Neighbors are making $90K on smaller acreages. Their only advantage has been manpower.

There is a trailer on the property that can rent for $600/month to help offset costs.

She may like us as much as we like her. When I quietly mentioned that I have been dreaming about the house, she was moved to tears.

She has no mortgage; the property is completely paid off. We hope that means she can afford to think creatively about how we work the whole thing out.

The area is zoned perfectly and her water rights are for real--they date all the way back to 1709!

So! When we left her this afternoon, we had already agreed to reconvene next Sunday at the same time. That's when we'll approach some of the rest of the details.

Must get to work on dinner here now--just had to post a quick follow-up and a HUGE THANK YOU to every farmgirl sister who sent hope and possibility our way! I will write more--and try to post photos if I can!--once we've rested...

www.viscerafarms.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  7:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kristina, I didn't see this until this evening, but I want to heartily encourage you! I bought my house in Spokane under similar "I'm not ready yet" circumstances. I moved to Spokane in October 2004. The last Sunday in April 2005, when I had only been on my permanent job for 6 weeks, I drove by this cute house with an Open House - For Sale by Owner sign and thought, well, that's cute, but I haven't even talked to the bank yet. As I turned the corner to head home, "a voice" said to me, "it doesn't cost anything to look..." And so I went around the block and "looked." Well, the first thing I saw as I walked up the driveway to the open garage in back was a vegetable garden that was already producing! And then when I was shown around the house, there were so many things that were so "right" for me, I was getting a little sad that I would have to pass because I wasn't ready. When telling a dear friend about it, she came back with, "go and talk to your bank - you have good credit - they should work with you!" So I did and on Memorial weekend, I moved in. So I am sending you the same good vibes and lots of white light that this perfect opportunity works for you. Oh, yeah, and I bonded with the daughter in law of the woman whose estate sale it was...so best of luck to you and yours! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  7:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, so glad you were encouraged, and will keep praying for next Sunday.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  01:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Sending more hope your way! I do so wish the very very best!! I am thrilled for you! Do keep us posted!
With Hugz & Hope!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  03:35:35 AM  Show Profile
Best wishes I hope this works for you it sounds so perfect! Here in VT people do lots of non-traditional property exchanges. I know someone who bought an elderly couples farm ( so many old Vt'rs are lossing their farms) and agreed to let the couple continue to live on the farm...cool huh!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  06:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
OOHHH, Kristina! It sounds like something 'meant to be'. I'll be praying, hoping, keeping fingers crossed for you all week.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  06:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Kristina (KitchenWitch, I love that!)

We will keep you in our prayers that his will shall be done. There are many creative options available and it sounds like you may have some viable options.

I wish you the best and please keep us updated.
Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  11:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Thanks, all, for your kind words and encouragement. It is understood that this either good for everyone or not going to happen--our household trusts in that implicitly.

Some pics have been posted to the blog:

Will post more as we learn more...

Again, thank you!

www.viscerafarms.com
Go to Top of Page

brighteyesk9
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Alta
Florida
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  12:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Send brighteyesk9 a Yahoo! Message
My husband is in Missouri and Arkansas right now trying to buy us at least 40 acres. This is our 3rd time looking in that area. Here is how we feel about it - If God wants us to have it then we will have it. If it is meant to be then it will be.
I wish you the best!
Alta

Visit my blog at http://lovecountryliving.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  7:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, This place sounds perfect for you. I will be thinking of you. Hope your dreams come true.

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  7:44:38 PM  Show Profile
I missed your post yesterday.......sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way Kristina!! I hope it all works out for you!!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:46:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm coming in late as I missed your original post. But that won't stop me from praying for you. Let us know - this sounds absolutely perfect!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  09:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I read you blog about the house- Amazing! I really hope you get it! It sounds amazing!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  3:18:04 PM  Show Profile
You know it's done, don't you? That's how She works.

You and Zach will be a blessing to that land, and vice versa.

Edited by - Rosemary on Jul 31 2007 3:18:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Hello, again, friends! Just wanted to let all of you know that we have officially created and sealed our letter of intent. I should know by the early afternoon what her agent's initial thoguhts are. We're still scheduled to go back on Sunday to continue to dialogue we started last weekend; today's letter just puts some numbers behind it all. We can't offer much, but we can promise no one is more prepared to love, develop, and nurture that farm. We'll let you know how it goes!

Thank you!

www.viscerafarms.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  08:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kristina-

I really hope it goes well for you! It is a beautiful place and it deserves a loving hand.

Why is the lady selling it in the first place? Just curious.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Fingers still crossed - hopes and prayers still postive for you, Krintina. This sounds like a good step forward. Keep us posted.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Calling all farmgirls with white light to spare! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page