grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Sisters if you have a chance send up a prayer for those of us in southern NY and northern PA who are having major flooding. Thousands have been evacuated from their homes, many without power. With more rain expected tonight and tomorrow, it looks grim. FEMA is here already. Thanks in advance.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  11:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Tamara, I had no idea it was so bad there. I will be praying for you all. We just had lots of flooding here too. How far are you from Rye?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  11:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tamara -

Prayers headed your way and for all my neighbors here in Northeast PA also. So far, I'm high and mostly dry - just a little water in the cellar. It's still raining hard though, so we're not out of the woods yet.

Prayers headed to all our Texas farmgirls too that are battling the fires.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  12:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Wish we could send all this rain to Texas- would solve both problems.

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  04:30:41 AM  Show Profile
Tamara - are you OK up there in Binghamton? We're fine here in Cresco, just some minor stream flooding.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  7:39:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes Luanne I am in Binghamton. What a mess!! As the waters start to receed the mud is almost as bad. We still have major areas under water, evacuated homes, electrical outages, highways closed. The helicopters constant hum reminds me of being in a war zone. The FEMA trucks too. God was good to our family, no flooding or damage so far. Thanks for the prayers.

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  7:41:21 PM  Show Profile
PS, Luanne - had to look where Cresco is, not too far. Any other farmgirls your way??

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  8:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Tamara:
My heart goes out to all of you during this flooding. I will keep y'all in my prayers.
Keep us posted when you have a chance.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:17:06 AM  Show Profile
To all my Farmgirl friends in flooding areas, I too have been helplessly watching the news and just hoping and praying for the rains to stop. Everyone has so much at stake and we cannot control the weather. Please know I wish all of you well, and I hope that after the waters recede, you will have the help and resources you need to put your lives back together again. If there is anything we at MJF Forum can do to help, will you let us know? We are great at prayers but we might be able to help in other hands on ways as well. Keep us in the loop.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  06:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Tears in my eyes as I read these posts of massive flooding.. I look around me at my "stuff" and imagine what I would want to get out with if we were evacuted for flood or fire. Our prayers go out to you all. Stay safe...

Mary #3153

"But in all things, let there be a balance. As all of nature if left to its own path will seek balance. So should we
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much ladies for all your thoughts and concern. Today was a day filled with much pain and hard work as the clearing out has continued for some, began for some and has yet to start. There are still whole neighborhoods under water. Lots of outages of things although food and water seem to be ok. If anyone felt like donating to the Red Cross that would be a tangible way to help. They are working endlessly to help. I will enclose a link to some pictures of the area. We were not personally involved, but have had evacuated family here over the weekend. Is there a merit badge for suffering??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s0VYzmh96s&feature=share

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  9:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Tamara:
I feel so bad, hurt, and mad for you. I can almost hear your voice as I've read your postings. My husband and I went through two floods; the first one when Hurricane Rita hit us in 2005. Five feet of water in our house. In 2008, Hurricane Ike flooded us. Three and a half feet of water in a house we had just finished. We just had to roll up our sleeves and do what we had to do. Fema was slow coming around to help us. However, the Red Cross was a God send. After Hurricane Rita, the Red Cross provided us with such wonderful meals. No one around here had time to cook, we were cleaning up mold, etc... I am so sorry y'all are going through such suffering. Personally, I never would let myself call it suffering. In the long run, we were better and knew things would get better. Maybe slowly, but things did get better. It didn't happen over night. LOL
Take care. Again, I will be praying for all of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Major Flooding Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page