Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Paul Harvey . . ."God Made A Farmer"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Paul Harvey . . ."God Made A Farmer" Next Topic  

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  06:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thought you might enjoy this clip . . . I did! Nostalgic, poignant . . . I can look out my windows and remember.

My dad was one of those farmers, my mom one of those farm wives, we were one of those farm families.
CJ

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QuzhwkaNC40?rel=0

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Sep 24 2011 7:19:45 PM

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  06:48:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh this made my morning, CeeJay! I love Paul Harvey and his simple wholesome outlook on life, people and the world. He has always been the voice of reason.

We are surrounded by farm land and farm family and I have the utmost respect for farmers. Bless them all and you and your family as well and thanks so much for sharing.

Farmgirl Sister #2984

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://farmchicatheart.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  06:49:01 AM  Show Profile
CJ
I loved this. I miss Paul Harvey we used to listen to him all the time. I watched it 3 times, cried every time. My grandparents were both farmers as well a most of my uncles. I always wished my parents had wanted to farm however my dad hated the farm. Now I have farmgirls who live on farms sharing their experiences. I live my farm through them and this post was the greatest. Thank you sooooooooo much.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Now why the heck did that make me cry like a baby? I'm with you, Marilyn!

Beautiful! We used to listen to Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" on the radio when we'd drive north on vacation when we were kids. This was so neat to listen to. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  09:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
That was beautiful. Reminds me of my father who went with the Lord, oh too young. Sure is humbling. Brings back fond memories of making scrapple, pork rinds, sweet corn, fresh milk, cows, pigs, dirty old work boots, cracked sore hands, weather worn faces and good Godly family! Thanks for sharing it.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  10:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, dear farmgirls, I cried too! My mom went to heaven in February 1994 and my dad went in January 1997 and this clip just brought back sooooo many memories. I am privileged to live on part of what used to be part of our family farm. My dad deeded us acreage several years ago on which we built a house. I can look out my living room window and see the farmhouse I grew up in (was born here, raised on this farm) less than 1/2 mile down the road. The upper fruit orchards are right in front of my house and the alfalfa fields in between. I can also get a glimpse of the fields and lower orchards south of the farmhouse. Even though my parents are gone and the farm is no longer in the family, I live here and I'm HOME! It's still our farm!
So, I'm glad I'm not the only who cried . . .
Thanks Dad and Mom for the legacy and the heritage!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Sep 04 2011 10:20:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  3:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Wow I am not even from a farming background but that brought tears to me too.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  6:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Gosh this was wonderful!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  06:43:45 AM  Show Profile
I listened to this yesterday with one of the grands. I had chill bumps all over and even she said "cool". I love Paul Harvey and also miss him. He was really a good man. There is a good commercial now for Chipotle rest. with Willie Nelson singing. It's really sad at first then gets better. About farmers penning animals up. Then letting them all free range. Way cool commercial. You can look it up. It's the song The Scientist by Willie Nelson.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  11:12:40 AM  Show Profile
yes i am so moved by this. i am so proud to be a farmgirl able to live the life. thanks for the wonderful warm fuzzy feeling from this thread. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  05:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Yes I am sitting here crying. We live on the same acreage my husband grew up on. It use to be a beautiful orange grove his Dad planted back in the 1940's. It is dying out now because the trees are so old. We have replaced some of the property with cattle. What a tribute to farmers!!

I kissed a farmer and I liked it!!! I have a T-shirt that has that saying on it!!LOL. Drying my eyes now!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile
Excellent! I can't wait to share this with hubby!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  7:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I grew up on a very small farm, but did so many of the things like raise chickens, pigs, ducks and cows. I learned to butcher all the animals, work in the garden, can all the veggies. I learned to milk a cow and churn the butter and slop the hogs. I would spend many nights helping with the delivery of a calf. I wouldn't trade the life as a farm kid for anything. I thank my Momma and Dad for teaching how to be self sufficient, because of their teaches I know my DH and I will survive through this rough economy...so I for one thank ALL farmers for what they do everyday.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Loved the tribute to a farmer!

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  11:58:23 AM  Show Profile
Loved it CJ!!!
Thanks for the memories.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  05:38:33 AM  Show Profile
As caretaker of this ranch I get to see the extreme HIGHs and the devastating LOWS but its in my blood - runs deep and strong! I wouldn't want it any other way. I am more aware of my Maker and of the earth we call "Mother". There is no place I would rather be, no better way to spend my life then being a steward to His creation and sending this small piece of earth to the next generation better than when I came on board. I, too, am a farmer/rancher and I cry buckets of tears every time I am made aware of it by the Paul Harveys of the world. Our numbers are dwindling even as the needs of our profession increase. God Bless Us All . As my dad use to say: "Keep on plugging along, Blondie!" Yep, til my dying day...

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Paul Harvey . . ."God Made A Farmer" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page