Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts received from secret sisters round #11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic
Page: of 5

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  08:26:54 AM  Show Profile
sue- i just emailed you my new mailing address....thanx for hostessing this swap!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Pictures Please!!!!

We all seem to be getting bad about not posting pictures of what we received. Please share with
us all. If you do not know how to post a picture...now is the time to learn...it is very easy.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:22:13 PM  Show Profile
hi SS
i hope i am thanking my ss as there
is no note..but if it is my SS
i thank you for the cute and useful
pencils recipe cards stickers cute dream plate
and notepad
so sweet of you
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:25:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Secret Sister for another fabulous note to brighten my day. I sure love getting letters from you...and I still can't WAIT to find out who you are!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile

Wow...Thank You So Much Secret Sister! I got your lovely package today! It was delightful! I can see
you were busy making me some wonderful gifts. Love the Tea Towel, and I have never seen such tiny
yo-yo's before (how adorable and they will be so fun to work with and I might share a few too).

I just received my fall issue of The Victorian magazine...and my postal person shoved it in my small mail
box instead of putting it in the bigger one and ripped it in two. So, I was thrilled to get the same issue in Perfect Condition. I had one other of those three (the Blue Plate Series) but the third one I didn't have either. So, I will share the Blue and bless someone else(see how far reaching your gift giving will go...you will be double blessing) and I love the Fat Quarter, the Retro Ribbon and the Journal.

Thanks for making my day. I just got back from a very hard trip to Spokane for a funeral and seeing my little sister who is dying of many different issues. Your pkg. was just the "Up-lift" I needed! Awe...you are a gem!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 19 2011 3:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  4:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the nice box of goodies! I have been out of town and came home to a nice surprise on my doorstep! My 3 year old found some goodies in there she thought she needed as well! :)

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile
I received the nicest, smelliest, farmgirl secret sister gift! Tea bags and a bar of homemade soap! My secret sister says that she has been making soap for only a short time; you did a great job, really cool looking and smells great! Thanks sista!
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Thankyou secret Sister for the lovely decorate spoon and hearts and pad. I hung the spoon and hearts up on the wall. :)
Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sister - we should just refer to each other as twins! Another happy note from you today that I found myself nodding my way through. Yes we have done komboucha and kefir and up until a couple months ago we had the Nourishing Traditions cookbook. :) Your cinnamon rolls sound heavenly...hopefully someday we can meet up and share a few!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  3:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, You have no idea how much I love going to the mail box these days! Your packages are always so awesome and timely! I love the journal and the tea is wonderful! You are right it is very busy around here right now. We just finished chopping silage ahead of 2 days of rain, so I have had a much needed break to shovel out the house and get a few fun things done. I needed a new journal, every morning while having my coffee I make a list of things I want to accomplish for the day, most days I only get to cross of one or two, but I am O.K. with that, I know things will change when the snow flies! Thank You secret sister, you are a bright spot to my days and I love getting your notes and packages!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I got a package from my secret sister!
Thank you for the beautiful crochet apron! It's a beauty!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Sep 24 2011 07:35:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  5:31:34 PM  Show Profile
love the apron!

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Exquiste Apron! Wow that took some time to make!
Very Nice!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  2:41:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Secret Sister! You're special to my heart too! I love the necklace. I can't post a picture until DH does something to another computer. I love birds nests.

It is an altered dog tag necklace that has a wire nest in the middle with three small, white, bead eggs, and the word NEST hammered on it. There is also a bird charm on the ball chain. Thank you so much!

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SS for my cute card today. To answer your questions, No thank goodness I'm not in any of the fire areas of Texas. It is terrible here in my state though. I have been flying a lot for business as of late and from the air it looks even worse than on the ground, so I would ask for prayers that we would receive rain soon.

You said you didn't know much about me and you ask some questions so here goes:
I don't do fragrances such as perfume but I love body lotions/washes and it doesn't matter what scent as I love most any of them.
Smells? vanilla, cinnamon, leather, spices/coffee smells
Crafts? I love paper crafts, and jewelry making, altered trading cards, etc
Cooking? baking and crock pot recipes
Pets? I have 3 dogs..a welsh corgi, a longhaired dachshaund, and a poodle/yorkie mutt, and one indoor cat and lots of barn cats
Kids? I have 2 grown daughters, ages 29 and 23, neither are married yet and no grandbabies either. I am married to the man of my dreams and my anniversary is Oct 20th (11 years)! yeah for us! and I"m 51 years of age and feel great!!!
I love hot chocolates/cocoas
I love to take cruises and will be leaving on a 7 day cruise to Jamaica in late Nov.
I also work as a Community relations mgr for a non profit that serves people with disabilities of all kinds but mostly intellectual disabilities.

So I hope this helps you to know a bit about me and I'll be looking forward to the box you wrote about.
Thank you so much!

Terri

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  5:18:54 PM  Show Profile
What a gorgeous apron WOW! really really pretty.

"A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential."
— Audrey Hepburn

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:19:20 PM  Show Profile
That apron is B-eautiful!

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  7:10:05 PM  Show Profile
I got home from a long day at work to find another gift from my secret sister!

This was made and sent by cjscreations, it is so cute and reversable. I love that it has pockets on both sides. Thank you also for the note cards and journal, autumn is absolutely my favorite season, but I did not have an autumn apron until now. i think I will wear it when I volunteer at our parish Harvest Dinner.

Thank you secret sister, and thank you CJ for the beautiful apron!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Sep 28 2011 7:11:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  04:08:08 AM  Show Profile
My Dear Secret Sister!!
You have spoiled me!!! Your package arrived while we were out of town,then I was laid up for a couple of days before I could open up the package and see the wonderful surprises you sent!! First, you asked what crafts I am working on. . . well, I sew for a living and it seems that when I have time on my hands. . . I sew for me too!! LOL! Right now I am preparing for two craft fairs in November, a weekend apart. Right now I'm in the planning stages of what to bring (make) then next week I will begin the production part of it. That should keep me busy and out of trouble.

Now, a HUGE THANK YOU!!!! for my goodies. The letter is priceless, I have read it several times now, the book is sitting next to my chair for reading at the end of my work day, the bath kit has me getting everything ready for a good soak in my whirlpool tub complete with candles and soft music!! Which brings me to the beautiful necklace you sent. The packaging of everything is so special, the necklace is truly me. . .the heart with the bead hanging from the bottom is priceless! Just love it!! How you knew what I would like is beyond me. .. everything is so perfect and I love all the attention to the details in what you have sent. I am wearing my new necklace today when I head into town.

Thank you so very much for all my wonderful surprises!!! I cannot wait to find out who you are!!!

Joanna #566

JojoNH

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
www.JoannasHomeStudio.com "Keeping traditions alive a stitch at a time"
http://twitter.com/NHJoanna
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  08:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Tracy...lovely Fall Apron! Looks so festive!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  07:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, thank you so much for the magazines, book and teas that arrived yesterday, I appreciate your thoughtfulness. They are perfect comfort items for my trip to the hospital on Monday for my surgery, I will have enough reading material to see me through the long week.
Thank you again and have a Beautiful, Blessed Fall Weekend.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  07:27:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Dear Secret Sister for teh cute fall socks and note. Believe me, they will go on my tootsies after chores.

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  2:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hello Secret Sister,

I just received your wonderful box filled with fall goodies! Inside was a fabric pumpkin, a fall dishtowel, a pumpkin planter decoration, a decorated bag filled with yummy teas, candies, and a candle, and several recent magazines. Thanks for sharing the joy of the season with me! Opening you box was a fun study break and I am going to display the things that you sent around my house and will think of you when I see them. I hope that all goes well with your surgery this week and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take good care.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  6:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

Oooooh! It's Christmas at my house again! Thank you for the box of goodies!
I will put the decorative tin to use right away, I was looking to buy something similar, now I have one that I like better than the selections here!
I will burn some of those pretty candles by my bath tub tonight, they smell so pretty!
I love all the other goodies you put in there too,the bracelet, the kleenex pouch and the coin purse, I don't know how many times I have dug through my purse at church trying to find a kleenex that wasn't disintegrating to a fine dust...I will definitely put the kleenex pouch to good use!
I'll keep the coin purse with my gym bag for my Zumba money! We pay $1 per class at my Curves fitness center.
Now, dear sister, I have a confession to make. I have never quilted before; It's about time I learned darn it! The fabric squares should help with a beginners project, you gave me a set of such lovely earthy colors! I am having fun looking at the quilting magazines for inspiration. I am looking to paint a "coop quilt" for my newly painted hen house, and I have not decided on a pattern yet.

This year I have been doing crochet, canning new jams and jellies, and some whole fruit.
I have a dehydrator too, and I have used it for drying cherries, strawberries, pineapple, apples, and buffalo jerky.

Thank you, Thank you! It's a great package!

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  06:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Everyone's gifts look wonderful. Love the crocheted apron. Is that cute or what?

farm girl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page