Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts received from secret sisters round #11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  07:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Hers is the place to post your receivings from your current secret sister and if you know how, post some pics too!

Also it has been brought to my attention that using Mary Janes Farm as the return addy on your mailings might be best, that way you cannot tell where your packages are coming from!

Here is is: Mary Jsnes Farm, 1000 Wild Iris Lane, Moscow, ID 83843

Sue

Edited by - Sue Feely on Aug 30 2011 2:37:03 PM

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile
That's how I did in the old days, but there is this little hint that won't go away....................the post mark. So the point of using MJF would be?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  08:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sue! I will be using the MJF addy on my packages :) Hard to miss a return address on a package but I think most of us - wanting to keep the mystery going - can keep from studying the pale unreadable most of the time postmark on the page. This secret sister swap is such a fun way to get to know each other!

"A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential."
— Audrey Hepburn

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  12:36:39 PM  Show Profile
I, myself, dont look at the return addy, or the postmark, I would rather be surprised, another idea is if someone else is home when something comes, have them unwrap the package, the outside at least and have them discard the outer wrap!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  09:25:13 AM  Show Profile
I do look at the return address to make sure it belongs to us but I never bother to look at the post mark. When we first started the SS swap a very long time ago, we put MJ's as the return address.

By the way, whoever my SS is I want her know that I received my package today and she is too generous. She sent me a wonderful apron with big pockets in the front, love that! A dish drainer quilt with cherry material on one side and a red towel on the other, goes great in my kitchen. Also, she sent me a frame which I plan to use for my grandkids photo, a bumper sticker, how fun, and some red (love that color)candles with a sprig of holly wrapped around. Cute!
There were stencil brushes and a book I am starting as soon as the water is hot in my tea kettle. Also something I have never seen before, a citronella bracelet to keep the skeeters away!! We still have them here for awhile yet too.
Thank you my secret sister for your generosity, I really do like everything. If I can get my camera to working I will send a photo but I will probably be busy putting everything to good use! See ya later I'm off to read my new book

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 01 2011 09:40:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  10:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for the little card secret farm girl sister. :)

I never look at the post marks or the dates. I just look to see if the mail is mine or not lol.
It never even occurred to me that I could look at the post mark.

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Joanna,
I never gave it a thought before either.
I just never have bothered look at the postmark on my mail.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:01:26 PM  Show Profile
I save stamps from friends that send things from overseas, and do crazy things like hoard my Frank Sinatra stamps for special occasions. I guess I am a strange bird.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  07:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I received a cutest card and note from my secret sis! Inside was a really cute crocheted pin with a button in the middle, my new fall coat is now ready to wear! Thanks secret sister!
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  08:23:02 AM  Show Profile
I received a lovely package yesterday from my ss. In answering your questions unfortunately we do not live on a farm. We do have some land although it is small, but it is nice to have. We have one cat and dog, and in the future if we move somewhere else with enough land I would like to have chickens. We do not have enough land though to have them according to the city codes. I hope your doing well. I received the following below. A lovely card;

three pieces of lovely fabric;

two wonderful votie candles;

a wonderful crocheted dishcloth;

a great rooster ornament, which will look lovely on our christmas tree;

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  05:37:28 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister~ Thank you so much for the wonderful package! I needed everything that you sent me for going back to school. My DD was trying to use my skinny post-its but I whisked them away to my classroom. (Along with the great reusable bag with children onit, the pens and pencils and so much more) Thank you so much for your thoughtfullness!!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  6:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sister you are fabulous! I recieved another package from my dear, sweet secret sister today. A crochet magazine which I have already picked out a few things to make for my granddaughters and 3 beautiful dishclothes she had made. You did a wonderful job and should be very proud of the skills you have developed. I love crocheted dishclothes and will think of you everytime I use them. Now where did I put my crochet hook, need to start on a project :) Thank you for a delightful package!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  1:33:08 PM  Show Profile
To my sweet secret sister - thank you so much for the kind note you sent me in the mail today! It was so nice to see something other than bills! :) Sounds like you are very busy right now. I hope you are settling comfortably into your new home. I surely hope that before this round of secret sistering is done, you'll be sending notes to me at my new farm as well! :) Have a fabulous week, and thanks for the sunshine in my mailbox~!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  5:40:55 PM  Show Profile

Thank you so much to my Secret Sister. Oh my goodness. It feels like my birthday. I adore everything, except the butterfly note pad.....I LOVE it. It was made for me. You're the best.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  5:43:38 PM  Show Profile
OH and the chicken and the tea coin purse. Jeez, thanks so much. I love being lucky!
Artwork by Owen, see the car and extra wheels?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I have been pampered today! A box arrived today from my secret sister. Little gifts were wrapped inside, including two hand-made dishcloths that are so pretty my husband suggested that I use them as decoration! I also unwrapped a box of secented candles, a magnetic notepad, and the cutest little primiative birdhouses. Under all of these precious things was the current issue of Whole Living. Thank you, thank you Secret Sister! It's been a hard week and you have really lifted my spirits. I hope that things are better with your knee...that sounds painful. Enjoy the start of fall...we don't really get fall here in Phoenix so you will have to enjoy it for both of us.
Aloha,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, secret sister for the box full of goodies. How did you know that peanut M&Ms are my favorite. Thank you for the dishcloths and I look forward to trying the marmalade. All the paper goods are great. I was having a bit of a blahful Monday, but your package helped me get over it. I hope you have a blessed day, you have surely blessed mine. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ckb
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

kathy
pioneer ohio
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  06:08:33 AM  Show Profile
You girls are having so much fun I can't wait til the bext round so I can join in. I will be keepingmy eyue out for things to tuck away for my turn. Keep having fun!!
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  12:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
This sounds like so much fun! How do I join in?

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  1:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Nixcat, this round ends in November and the new round will start after that! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  5:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen and Kathy...not only does it end in November but I believe that you also have to have 75 Posts on MJF to participate in this Swap. Sue Feeley is our Hostess and she can tell you for sure...but start posting farmgirls if you want to do this Swap.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  4:13:11 PM  Show Profile
oh my ..... i am not worthy of my secret sister!!!!!!!!!!! a wonderful box last week--lots and lotsa great stuffs!!!!! i packed it away safely for our move!!!!i intend to take photos before i dis=assemble! and then today (well coulda been yesterday but i skipped the post office yesterday)another package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how did you know that i was searching for something to read at work on lunch hour????????????????and sarah ban breathnach!!!!!!!! i've already put "deep down true" in my lunch bag! you are entirely too good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  03:48:31 AM  Show Profile
oh, Secret Sister - I can't wait to find out who you are! After another sweet note from you, I'm thinking you and I are two peas in a pod, and I can't wait to be able to respond to your letters! I hope you get your homeschooling area set up soon...how nice to have your books unpacked! Can't wait to learn more about you...thanks for the sweet note!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  05:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Secret Sister Your the BEST!!!
We are having a rough go of things like most folks these days, your package arrived and has me on cloud 9!!! The hand made journal is perfect and I am already using it to keep track of everything! The booklet you sent "Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts & Science" Is wonderful and I am reading it with great enthusiasm. The " A Small House" needlework kit is priceless. . . this is now next to my sewing chair ready to begin as soon as my current project is finished.

Thank you so very much for spoiling me!!!!!!

Joanna #566

JojoNH

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
www.JoannasHomeStudio.com "Keeping traditions alive a stitch at a time"
http://twitter.com/NHJoanna
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  4:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister~ You know how to brighten my day! I came in from work today, hot, sweaty and tired and there it was! A big envelope from you. Such a nicce note, I love the picture (hanging it in the classroom tomorrow) and one of my favorites - Quilting magazine. I can't wait for the weekend when I can curl up and have myself a good read through! Thank you so mch for your thoughtfulness!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  08:21:44 AM  Show Profile
bump
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page