Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  12:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Praying all our farmgirls are safe from hurricane Irene. I hope all those in harms way can check in soon so we know everyone is ok! Blessings

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  11:51:09 AM  Show Profile
I was just thinking the same thing, Mikki - I'll be praying for everyone on the east coast in the path of the hurricane - God be with them!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

WoodstreamDreambyNicole
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Nicole
Marlton NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  2:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Made it through fine, albeit sleep deprived. We just had a huge tree come down and destroyed part of our fence (and other trees) an hour ago, but no one was harmed and no wires down. It originated on twp property, so they'll clear it when they've taken care of the trees that have affected powerlines & homes.

Thanks for the prayers!

Nicole
Shop
www.woodstreamdream.etsy.com
Custom Creations
www.woodstreamdream.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  7:20:13 PM  Show Profile
All good here on Long Island,NY! We definately dodged a bullet this time. Did not get as much rain with the storm and the winds were not too bad. Backyard is a wreck with TONS of leaves and small branches down. 2 LARGE branches down way out back but luckily they missed the chicken coop so all is good! We are fortunate that we did not loose power here...there are over 400,000 people here on Long Island,that are without power tonight and probably will be for days. Part of me wishes we did loose power so I could play "pioneer girl" for a few days- of course everyone else thinks I am crazy. I feel very Blessed that there was not any real damage from the storm. Thanks for checking on us!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13642 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13642 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  7:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL to hear some of your girls are okay . . . praying for others!
Thanks for letting us know!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  11:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED. my friends I pray your homes or businesess are not harmed.
.Stay strong n know you are in our hearts...Blessings Mike n Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  03:49:02 AM  Show Profile
got through it with minimal damage-----I am sad Vermont lost some of their historical covered bridges.

Beverly Gill in Massachusetts

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  04:57:14 AM  Show Profile
We survived here in Northeast PA, but are without power and phone and no idea when service will be restored. We had about 7" of rain and high winds. Many roads are still closed with either downed trees or flooding. But, we are safe and that's what's most important. Hope everyone else is OK - praying for you all.

Check in when you can and update us.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  06:06:48 AM  Show Profile
We are here in NEPA as well...lots of wind, branches down. There must be a lot without power as they canceled the first day of school! Hmmm? I wonder if this is a sign of the way the rest of the school year will go?? Last year they used so many snow days they had to postpone graduation!

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA! Wife of my HS sweetie going on 23 years and mom to the amazing four ages 19(g), 17(s), 14(s), 13(s)!
Donna
Sister # 3062
http://restingunderthepinetree.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1504 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  06:13:28 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you girls are okay and I'm hoping for the best for the rest who haven't been able to check in yet.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6656 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6656 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  06:20:56 AM  Show Profile
All our farmgirls are in my thoughts and prayers. Any word from our Vermont Farmgirls?
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear so many folks are ok. I finally got through to my mom this morning, she lives about 30 min in NH from the VT border. Her small town alone lost 2 covered bridges with damage to a third from trees. Mom lost all this winters firewood as well as two motorcycles. They are used to spring flooding but she said it was scary this time as they saw the water coming up so fast. They actually started moving electronics to the second floor of her post n beam home. She feels lucky though with her damage as she views neighbors completely under water. Sadly no insurance company in their area will cover any of them as they live in a "100 year flood zone". Stay safe new england farmgirls!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  08:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tanya -

Mom Mom lives in Vermont right on the NH border. Where is your family? Which bridges were washed away? I know the Bartonsville Bridge near my Mom was lost.

I grew up in that area, so it will always be "home" to me too!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

ellimae
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

eileen
edison nj
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile
central jersey here, I made it through but there is so much flooding and trees down its hard to get around. Prayers are with my sisters who might still be without power or have massive clean-up, our cellar is a lake so let me go bail out.blessings to all.

Do as the farmgals do!
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  12:35:04 PM  Show Profile
All okay here in Vermont. Some flooding, but not for me personally. Lots of roads closed too, and schools are delayed to start later this week. All in all, not too bad. :)

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

I am a recyclin, cloth-diapering, home grown, hand sewn kinda farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
We live on the North Carolina coast so we packed up and went 80 miles to our mainland home to escape the storm. Guess what? Our home at the coast escaped damage and never lost power. Inland home lost power Saturday morning and didn't come back on until Sunday evening! Maybe I should just stay home next time. Thankful we were safe with no damage. Lots of flooding in the sound areas, Pamlico & Albemarle unfortunately for those who live there.
One more thing- DH pulled our boat out of the water and put it in the back lot of our car business to keep it safe. The metal garage top was lifted up and blown into the boat! It had an acre to fall on and had to smash into our boat! Some damage but fixable. No problem considering what some folks experienced.
www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~

Edited by - mommatracy on Aug 31 2011 1:32:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  2:36:04 PM  Show Profile
I know that area well Tracy! We moved up here from Swansboro last summer!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hurricane Irene Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page