Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Wanting a mini goat for milking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Wanting a mini goat for milking Next Topic  

SusieK
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Texas
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  8:41:13 PM  Show Profile
I am wanting a smaller goat just to milk for making soap what would be a good breed to go with.

"COURAGE is being scared to death,
but saddling up anyway. -John Wayne"

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  9:30:33 PM  Show Profile
hi suzie, i will be no help. LOL i need bigger teats to grab. if your hands are good you could be fine. i think there are girls here milking little ones. i am trying to dry off a lamancha. she is huge. i feel so sad for her. when she was at peak she gave almost 3 gallons a day. i would have to lift her up onto the milk stand. so this year she was able to raise her kids instead. so they are gone while mom dries off. she looks better already. i will be interested what the girls think. i have been ask this question before. i do make cold process goat and cow milk soap. my goal is A-2 cow milk soap. i shall watch this thread. happy days to you. oh and you know you cannot have one goat. they are herd animals. they are toooo sad alone. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  05:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I know they have mini lamanchas, mini nubians, nigerian dwarfs,pygmy, I have milked a pygmy she gave good milk but we were just getting started with her so didnt really keep track of how much she gave.

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Wanting a mini goat for milking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page