Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My Life in the Mountains of Colorado
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Life in the Mountains of Colorado Next Topic  

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6648 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6648 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  06:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Okay, now all of you know how much I love the mountains of Colorado and living here, well this morning I was blessed with yet another reason why I live here.
Three Huge bucks, Two Does and Five fawns, yep 5 Fawns 2 Does. One doe had 2 and one had 3. We get a lot of twins but rarely triplets, a neighbor saw them born behind her property so we know that one is not an orphan. They all were on the back of my 3 acres so I did not get good pictures but it was such a joy just to watch them all and the fawns follickly in my grass.
Ladies believe me when I say I am not bragging just sharing what I see out my back door in the morning.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the Mountains you are lucky enough.

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 09 2011 9:12:57 PM

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean. I'm down in Co. Springs but I saw four does and a spring fawn wander through the neighborhood to get a drink this morning. They were fat and sassy, a little wary because they've been staying up in the hills this summer while the bucks have been very high profile. Now the neighborhood bear, he's the one a really don't want to see again. It truly is great living where you are on the very edge of civilization and the line blurs on a regular basis.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  08:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We see deer all the time, some of them act like they're nearby neighbors . . walking down the road in front of our house.
The downside is that they help themselves to gardens!
But beautiful creatures they are!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  09:38:12 AM  Show Profile
While we were in Canon City last week on vacation we took our morning walk on the Tunnel drive trail two mornings. The first morning we looked across the river and spotted something moving up the mountain. Wayne had his new camera(50th birthday present) and took several shots. We thought it was a bear and once he zoomed it in on the camera he could tell it was a bear. We hooked the camera up to the TV yesterday and with the zoom feature you can get it close enough to see that the bear is black with a brown nose-WAY COOL. The second morning we had no camera:( but about 10 minutes into the walk, rocks started sliding down onto the trail. We looked around and three deer-two bucks and one doe-were looking down at us. Not as cool as the bear, but still pretty cool. Gotta figure out a way to move to Colorado at least for part of the year!!!!!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6648 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6648 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  4:48:09 PM  Show Profile
We will be waiting.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  6:18:35 PM  Show Profile
That is awesome, Debbie. What a fabulous thing to be able to look outside and see. I tell you, you couldn't pay me to live in the city. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  06:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Deb - sounds so calming and serene, I can almost picture it! Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
I sure do love CO...we just got back from a nearly 2 week trip out there. I should have located all the farmgirls out there and visited! We hung out in the city mostly (visiting family) but to experience the CO country life would have been incredible!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com

My blog: www.crazykcreates.blogspot.com

Edited by - fiddlegirl89 on Aug 10 2011 07:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Life in the Mountains of Colorado Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page