Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic mean people Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:58:30 PM  Show Profile
people as a rule are rude, angry and they do not listen. I hope when I get my degree I can get a job in research or something away from the general public, not likin people much today

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  1:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Patricia- I am so sorry! It sounds like you are having a rough day (week?). I know exactly what you mean though. I have had a bit of a rough week. I figure that maybe I have hit my cosmic quota of grumpy people and maybe next week I will get to talk with more nice people! LOL If not at least I will make sure that I am nice and hopefully turn around their day.

*hugs* At least you know where to find friendly farmgirls day or night, right? :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  4:44:08 PM  Show Profile
We're all here for you, Patricia, with a smile and a hug if needed. Just smile at those grumpy people and it will confuse them no end. They'll wonder why you're so happy.

Nancy B.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, sorry you had a bummer of a day. I was feeling very much like that today too. Been out in public the last three days (which I hardly ever do three days in a row) and its like people overload! The sassiness, and rudeness, etc...makes me want to crawl back in my hole and never come out! Hang in there, girl. At least you can come here and hang out with all us smiley farmgals!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:54:49 PM  Show Profile
I agree! I even had some people complain about my 2y/o the last time we went out to eat. They said she was bein too loud and disturbin them. She was laughin and talkin about all the pretty pictures on the walls AND we were at Chili's for petes sake! The radio was blarin and they were acrossed the room. They couldn't have heard her any more than they heard me and my Hubby.

I love the sound of a happy laughin child and I think the rough english they speak is adorable!

I just keep my 'noisy' child at home and we enjoy each other 90% of the time to avoid rude, stupid, sad people. Let them have the loud, cold, hateful world. I'll keep my peaceful, little home.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  7:03:16 PM  Show Profile
I just put on a sweet, eye sparkling smile and chuckle to myself when I have to deal with chowderheads.
They either lighten up or assume that I'm an idiot, and leave me alone. Heh!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you are feeling that way today. It took me years trying to figure out why people were like that and to this day I still don't know, but I think I have an idea....

I think I know why some ELDERLY people are that way because I am getting pretty elderly myself (birthday on the 16th!) I think it's because they just don't feel well...People in pain are short-tempered and disagreeable because everything well... just HURTS! Not much of an excuse I know. It's hard being the nice girl, and for me it takes some work-LOL! But it works!

Just try smiling your way through it! Smiles can be very contagious-

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
I worked at Walmart for a while, after both my dh and I lost our jobs. Talk about rude people! But here's what I learned. You can't control what people do to you, you can only control your own actions. I would rather be nice, polite, etc. Than be like everyone else, regardless of how they treat me. I do believe what goes around comes around, and they will have to answer for their actions if not in this world but the next.

Lifes to short to let these people have that kind of power over you. Just smile, and know that you are the one with the happy life!

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  06:10:18 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls, it's so nice to come her for hugs and to be picked back up when I get down. it is just so tough to deal with people but today is a nice cool, sunny new day. a trip to the county fair is on for later today so I'm gonna have a good one :)
Go to Top of Page

LisaH
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Lisa
Granger IN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  08:34:21 AM  Show Profile
I think the weather can have a big influence on people's moods and attitudes. Not that it makes it right. I know I have to be careful after so many hot and humid days as my patience can get a little thin and my tone can be a little sharper than I would want it to be. I can tell when I'm getting that way and I try to keep it in check or just keep my distance from people. :-) I hope your week is better. Enjoy the fair!

Lisa
An Indiana Suburban Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  08:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Bushel and Peck--awesome--I haven't heard anyone called a "chowderhead" since my dad was living. Nice reminder :)

I always worked in retail and I swear, Sunday's are the WORST for crabapples (that's my new word since I have a two year old and I'm seriously trying to stop saying OTHER words...)--they were nasty and complaining, and impatient and would say the most horrible things to me and other customers. We all decided that everyone goes to church on Sunday, gets forgiven of their sins and starts fresh, racking em' up again, right after breakfast at Denny's!!!!

In addition to calling folks chowderheads, my daddy always said, "don't let the b*******s get you down." Smile sweetly and say, "you have a nice day, now!" Or, you can say what I do when someone beats me up over the phone because they're cowards: "Mr. (or Mrs.) so and so, I'm not inclined to accept your abuse just like I'm not inclined to pass on the message. Would you like to start again? And suddenly, I get an apology!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  12:58:24 PM  Show Profile
good tips, am at work today and everyone so far has been really nice :)
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:18:37 PM  Show Profile
THIS is why I quit doing "Customer service" type jobs. My first job was a server at a restaurant...and that taught me to ALWAYS be nice to customer service people-ESPECIALLY people that touch your food!

I always TRY to be nice at least, even if I'm not feeling nice. But if the representative I'm talking to is rude...all bets are off!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:31:01 PM  Show Profile

My mother worked at a small yarn store, and I picked her up on my way home from work. Some days she would simply say "it must be near a full moon".
I looked it up, and it always was.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic mean people Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page