Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 help...neighbors dog killed my hens. update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic help...neighbors dog killed my hens. update Next Topic
Page: of 2

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  5:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for all the support. Just got up ( I work 3rd shift) to get ready for work and guess what, the dog was in my neighbors yard loose. Was told it was contained... it does make my afraid of what this neighbor is capable of doing or his good ole boys what might do while I am going the 25 min to work. Keep me in your prayers! Thanks...

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  6:26:26 PM  Show Profile
well oh my, what a beave soul you are. good job. how hard though and so needless to have this even have to happen. sure proud of the farmgirls on this MJF site. so let us know how the suit goes. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  8:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Keep us posted on this. I like what Tina from CA said about the 3S's. LOL Yep, a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.
LOL Good luck.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:57:38 PM  Show Profile
That is downright wrong that the deputy is being allowed to get away with that,I believe as Gandhi said that when there is injustice,we must make the injustice visible so I would go to your local newspaper or write them and make the story very,very public.
I had this same issue with my Sister in Law/neighbor's dogs killing my rabbits and the whole thing really blew up when one of the dogs bit my Daughter,it caused a huge family war when this freak of a woman vandalized my vehicle,livestock fencing and killed some of my animals in retaliation so we moved away from them and now I will never speak to my own Brother again,he is a stranger to me now.
Anyways,you've gotten alot of good advice there from all these gals but I would go a bit further and make the situation as public as you can,tell everyone about it and about the police response and make this injustice visible.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  4:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, sounds like the 3's needed to be practiced with more than the dogs, so sorry that family behaved that way, and shame on your brother...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  8:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Kathyrn, so sorry about your ordeal and sorry your brother acted the way he did! Great advice, maybe I will even call the tv station. They have a segment when people have been ripped off.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Have you filed in small claims yet?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Not yet...the cost is $250.00 to file, having to scrimp the next few paychecks.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  8:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Kim, Have you thought about reporting it to the State Police? Since the Sheriff isn't willing to "contain" his Deputy it seems to me you need to go higher on a law enforcement level. My DH works for our Sheriff and he would NEVER allow this behavior by one of his Deputies. He (Sheriff) has made it clear that no one is above the law, including them and we should report anything to him.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ginny, I'm have tried contacting our state dept of agiculture, with no response from them. I will try the state police.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  4:21:01 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could give you some better advice, but beyond warning the neighbors that next time you WILL shoot them, I don't really have anything new to add. I'm looking forward to updates on this though!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  6:43:44 PM  Show Profile
well thought I would let you all know, the dogs were running loose yesterday. Still no return call from state dept of ag. I'm going to try and file in sm claims this week. Thanks for all the support and advice. Will keep you all posted.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:29:05 AM  Show Profile
This makes me SO mad. I can't believe you're still dealing with this! Thought of it again when my sister in law called to say someone had shot her dogs, one limped home and died, the other went to the vet and had a LOT of money dumped into it. I said "Well, where were the dogs when they got shot?" She said "Out running." She's new to farm country so I explained to her that her dogs REALLY can't run now (they shouldn't have been pre-farm country either...) because now if they are lose on someone else's property (especially if they are harassing livestock) they can be shot. She just went off about how she didn't know how someone could be so "mean." I told her she better hope she doesn't have someone knocking on her door asking her to pay for chickens, goats, cows...whatever. Some people just don't get it!!! GRRRRRRR. Looking forward to your updates!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  2:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Maybe taking pictures that have the dates on them would help substantiate your case?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  06:50:22 AM  Show Profile
I do have pics and the deputy that originally filed the report actually saw the dead hens himself. I'm gonna try and file Friday, if my finances allow.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic help...neighbors dog killed my hens. update Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page