Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 had a grand time with the 'grands'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic had a grand time with the 'grands' Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  9:22:56 PM  Show Profile
whew! two whirlwind weeks of grandsons .. and i'm exhausted .. but oh what lovely memories!

after taking james to the airport early this morning .. honey hunk hank and i decided to spend the day in louisville ... we visited a most wonderful 'kentucky arts and crafts museum' (and shoppe) ... and i was tempted by a hand-forged cheese slicer and cheese spreader that set me back fifty bucks ... but i do jus' love them!!! i figure i would have wanted that much had i 'hand-forged' them .. and i do like supporting american artists and crafters.

next .. we went to the IMAX theatre and science museum .. didn't know we had such a great one here in louisville and will surely bring the kids there next time they visit! had to laugh at one exhibit that "I" was not willing to do! you sat in front of a camera and it took your photo .. and then .. ON A BIG SCREEN .. it showed what you would look like at 45 ... 65 .. and 85!

we saw a 2 wonderful films in the IMAX theatre .. the first on THE NILE RIVER that was incredible ... oh how brave this group of adventurers were ... they were the first to travel from the 'source of the Nile River in Ethopia to Egypt (check out this web-site for more info .. it is fascinating! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile).

The second one was touring Africa for large wild animals!

THEN .. on to a lovely lunch at a city-sidewalk restaurant.

NEXT .. we toured the Muhammed Ali Museum which was great! I asked if he ever visited (his brother was there decked out in a white suit .. that every afternoon) .. and i was informed that Ali would be there tomorrow! (i have such a great story of how Muhammed Ali got my boss his job as Deputy Attorney General of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.c. .. (will regale you with that tale later) .. AND .. Ali called one day .. my boss was in a meeting .. and he asked if i knew who he was (he had his VERY shaky almost child-like voice that i recognized right away) .. i replied: "yes, sir, i certainly do" .. he said to me: "I AM THE GREATEST!" I told him, Yes, sir, you certainly are .. and i'll have Dr. Saltzberg (my boss) call you back as soon as he returns to the office. He came in to visit one day .. but DARN! i was out that day and missed him!!!

After the ALI musuem .. we headed for our 'art' theatre .. it shows all the BEST films!!! We saw ... An Inconvenient Truth ... POWERFUL FILM!!!!!!!!!! Then went for an Indian Curry dinner to discuss it.

What a fun day .. what a fun time with the grands .. i am pooped!!!!
sooooooo .. i'm gonna' hit the bed for lotsa' hours . .and hang out in the hammock all day tomorrow!

xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  12:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,
So are you home for the rest of the summer? What else you have planned? Glad your back can't wait to have you posting around here a little more. Sure are missin' ya!

Farmgirl Blessings,
Theresa
http://theresaslavenderbox.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  08:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Ooh so glad to hear of your wonderful family time. What a blessing these grandbabes are, hopefully I will be a grand in a few years. My oldest will be a senior in high school. But my youngest is only 4 1/2 so I have years to go with him.
The youngest, Quin, makes me laugh til my sides hurt. The other dya at the grocery store he said he wanted me to buy some 2-handles. I said what is a 2-handle. He directed me over to the popcicles that have two handles on them. I almost peed my pants.

Keep the stories and pictures coming miz frannie-

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile
good sunday mornin' theresa ... well .. less'see ... (let's see) ... next sunday, i'm presenting one of my Yesteryear's Children Historical Tea Parties .. theme will be Pioneer Days .. will decorate with the Kirsten and Addie American Girls dolls .. (have to dig all those wonderfuls outta' the schoolhouse and unbox them and set them up .. will definitely post some pics) ... i donated a 'tea party' for our 'rotary club' fund-raiser .. and our County Clerk's son won it for his daughter. Will write more of it soon.

THEN the following Sunday .. i have thirty-some gurlfrenz (local) coming here for a Gurlfren Gathering .. Pot Luck Picnic. Am conjuring up some fun things to do that day too! (honey hunk will travel to California to get together with some olde rugby playing buddies .. sooo .. while the cat's away .. the mouse will play!!!

having two fun dinner parties here with local couples the last two weekends in august .. to 'show and tell' our wonderful porches that friend, sugarbucket built for us. one will be a 'neighborhood travelling' dinner ... we have new neighbors moving up on the hill ... so a fun way to meet and greet them i thought would be to have 'appetizers' and one family's home .. main course here at cabin creek and dessert at a fmily's over the hill. (there are only 5 homes in this 3,000 acres of woods .. and i enjoy getting together with them ... all of us ... from time to time).

September 1/2/3 .. twenty gurlfrenz (some of the farmgirls too) will be travelling here for a fun weekend gathering .. we'll all be staying at the cabins by the lake on the edge of town.

then ... as the weather starts turning cooler, honey hunk and i have some camping and hiking and 'quaint country town' B&B trips planned.

OF COURSE, we will be keeping the end of september clear for two babies being born ... a new grand child and a new great grand child!!!!

SADLY, i fear i might be heading back to the D.C. area sometime this summer too .. because my sister called Friday and said that our dad is starting to truly 'wane' .. she said he has lost so much weight .. that the MASS in his abdomen can now be seen from the outside. God love his soul .. HOSPICE gave him only days or weeks ... A YEAR AGO .. so they are, of course, being 'cautions' in their speculations now .. but have told her that he is starting to manifest further signs. (although, at this point, all his organs .. including his kidneys .. are working o.k.)

I am so appreciative to all my friends who have sent him letters and cards and said prayers for him .. i do believe you have all helped him get through another year of life.

Beth ... i adore your 'two-handled' story ... as "Art Linkletter" used to say ... KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS! I think that sometimes KIDS should be the ones to name 'products'! keep sharing Quin's quips!!!

Well, kiddos .. i'm off to town to shop for my fun upcoming parties .. will be back at'cha'all soon! have a lovely sunday! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  1:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I think about your Dad often and wonder how's he's doing, sounds like you should be near by soon. I'll keep him in my prayers. Take some time to rest after all the fun you've had with the boys, those memories will be treasured. Blessings and hugs!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I am new to the site but wanted to send my prayers to you and your dad, been there, done that, with my mother in law. Your days sound busy but so much fun!! Enjoy them but remember to take care of yourself too!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  9:04:57 PM  Show Profile
thank you so much sue for your continued prayers for my sweet dad. so far .. during this entire year with hospice .. he has not complained of PAIN .. they do have orders to give him pain drugs if he gets to that point. he has such a strong heart and will it seems ... he will leave when it is his time. i am so thankful for my sweet sister being near him and visiting with him so often. i hope to make a trip home soon too.

hi kelly ... thank you too for the sweet prayers. and honey-doooo .. i did, indeed, learn many, many moons ago that i must take care of 'me' .. if i am to be of any help to others. welcome to the farmyard!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic had a grand time with the 'grands' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page