Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Please help my husband with cancer!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Please help my husband with cancer! Next Topic  

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi ! I'm from a farm here in western pa. My husband was sent home from the hospital and told on our 41th anniversary that there is no more chemo for him. He has stage 4 bladder cancer and he has a small spot on his liver. His liver is still good. Is there any hope for him? I was told by my sister-in-law that wheat grass is good. Has anyone know anyone that was told there is no hope and they have beat cancer? My husband has a strong will to live and I'm hoping for a miracle. Thanks for any help you can give me and my husband. He is my best friend. Alanna

WoodstreamDreambyNicole
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Nicole
Marlton NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  5:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Alanna,
I am praying for your strength and for your husband's health.
I don't know anything about wheat grass.
If you haven't already, I would seek a second opinion. In the matter of health, it's better to have more doctors assess the situation than fewer.
Many prayers,
Nicole
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Nicole
Shop
www.woodstreamdream.etsy.com
Custom Creations
www.woodstreamdream.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  5:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would call a Cancer Treatment Center of America. They say they don't say there isn't any hope and they use many different methods to fight cancer.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  10:34:42 PM  Show Profile
I took my husband to Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh. He has been treated by the top dr. in bladder cancer. The cancer is now in his liver and lympth nodes stage 4. We're hoping for a miracle. They say he is too weak for chemo. We've heard of wheatgrass or lemon tea to help kill the cells.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  07:33:09 AM  Show Profile
My prayers will be with you and your husband. I surely believe in miracles.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  07:55:47 AM  Show Profile
sending hugs love and prayers to you. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi there. I was just looking at this book online and think it might be something helpful for you. I don't have cancer, but the reviews are really good and it's cheapest at this site:
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/CB?s=Admin%20|%20cancer

It's called Cancer-Step Outside the Box (4th edition)

Hope this helps. Hang in there! I'll pray for you and your hubby.

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  11:46:02 AM  Show Profile
praying for your husband......Be strong

Beverly

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  5:17:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone-Thanks for all of your good wishes. We are not giving up-my husband is not a quitter. Got some wheatgrass tablets from GNC to try. My friend grows wheatgrass and makes tea for her husband to drink cold. Alanna
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alanna,

I'm so sorry for you and your husband. My husband survived Stage 4 squameous cell carcinoma, but he was able to receive the chemo. One thing I would adamantly suggest is that if he drinks diet soda he stop immediately. Almost all diet sodas contain phenylalanine, which is the amino acid that all cancer feeds upon. I can't promise that it will cure or take away any cancer if someone cuts it from their diet, but there is obviously no point in feeding it if it is already present. The chemical occurs naturally in some foods, but there are other natural chemicals that counteract the negative side effects. In the soda, there is nothing to keep it from being harmful to those who already have health issues. We also have almost entirely cut out artificial ingredients, dyes, and preservatives from our diets. My husband is now healthier than he has ever been. We will be praying for you both, and I hope you will find healing in alternative ways! A fighting spirit is extremely important. It's so disheartening to be told there is no hope. There is always hope!!!

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for all of the prayers and good thoughts coming our way. Norm is holding his own and to me he seems a little better since he has been home. His poor arms have frozen shoulder and he can hardly move them/ been using a product on his arms that they use on horses. His poor hands since the chemo are all swollen up since the chemo. We are using the horse linament on them also. he started using wheatgrass tablets and a friend of my sister-in-law is juicing wheatgrass for him to drink. Has anyone had anyone use any of these products? The Dr. gives him no hope so we are going to try anything.
Go to Top of Page

mountaingirl
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jennifer
Conifer CO
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  06:24:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my heart goes out to you and your husband and I'm praying for his healing and your strength. I know doctors are just doing their job but I think they do so much damage when they say there's "no hope." They did that to my dad and I think it was at that point my dad gave up because to him, what the doctor said must be true. I think most people hear something and then internalize it and their bodies respond in kind. So, don't let your husband accept the "no hope" diagnosis. There's always hope! Fight!! Have you looked at the juicing topic in the Kitchen Forum? I've heard amazing stories about healing through juicing.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:26:31 AM  Show Profile
Alanna prayers for your husbands health and also for you sweetie. Please don't give up, I have seen wonderful miracles happen throughout our church family. Place it is Gods hands and he'll show you the way.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  08:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Keep him happy and laughing and give him some almonds. Those and the will to live are what I've heard but I'm no Dr.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  8:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening from here on the farm- my husband was in such agnozing pain in the shoulders tonite. Used heated rice packs and it seemed to help me with the warmth of the packs and a pill for for arthritis. I'm alos massaging his shoulders, back and arms. Don't know what else to do for his frozen shoulders..
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  11:27:43 AM  Show Profile
if I had cancer I would use Essiac tea and lemongrass. My friend has a coworker that both he and his wife used lemongrass successfully to treat cancer. they continue on daily doses for insurance. sending prayers for you both.
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  04:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from the farm! Just gave my husband some juiced wheatgrass. A friend of mine is making it for me and then I freeze it in 2 0z. containers. You are supposed to drink this mixture before breakfast. Today I'm going to the health food store and getting flax oil, flax seed and low fat cottage cheese. One of our friends told us about this last nite. We will try aqnything as long as he is willing to fight. Thanks for all of the prayers-keep them coming. Thanks you-Norm and Alanna
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  6:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Mixed the cottage cheese with the flax oil and ground up flax seed. I decided to taste it before I gave this concoction to my hubby.This stuff is so bad I could hardly believe it. There is no way that he will be able to eat this stuff 2 times a day. I threw it away. We are just giving the wheatgrass to him twice a day. Thanks for all your prayers! Alanna
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  06:39:04 AM  Show Profile
can you get papaya where you live?
on the web theres new information
about research that has shown papaya
enzymes/juices killing the cancer cells.
this is new but fabulous news, papaya is
a very special fruit grows in florida,
ripens in january or so and has the most
delicate flavor and texture...its like a
gift from a loving GOD...please check it
out, it is so gentle and pure that i have
no doubt your husband will improve and feel
comforted, which is an experience I can tell
you both need...best wishes and good luck

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Please help my husband with cancer! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page