Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Help! My hubby gets hydraulic fluid on him
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Help! My hubby gets hydraulic fluid on him Next Topic  

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  09:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
This stains so bad. I will have to soak it, but nothing works. I have been told to use Lestoil. I am nervous about using a petrochemical product, but from what I gather it is the only thing that works. I think you have to rinse twice and use Tide after to get rid of the Lestoil.

Anyone have this stain problem? I know guys who work on cars can get this on them.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  3:44:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amy,

I know what you are talking about! My husband was a jet-engine mechanic in the Air Force. Dawn DW liquid helps but I ended up resorting to Lestoil. I hate the smell but it was the only thing I found that helped. Maybe someone else can post a better alternative :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  5:06:47 PM  Show Profile
My husband is a machinist, Melaleuca is the best I've ever used. It's a big commitment,that I just gave up. The Ecos from Costco plus oxyclean, was the second best I have used.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  9:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Amy:
Hi Friend. If all else fails, try Barkeepers Friend. Check first to see if one can put the stuff on material.
I cleans an old shirt I use to work in the yard. That stuff really took stains out of the shirt. Of course I knew if it damaged the shirt, I'd just throw it away. So, maybe try it with an old shirt first.
Good luck.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Help! My hubby gets hydraulic fluid on him Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page