Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Scarves for Special Olympics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Scarves for Special Olympics Next Topic  

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile
This is a great project to support your own state's winter games. The official colors and contacts in each state can be found here:

http://www.scarvesforspecialolympics.org/

I made 10 scarves for the Montana team last year, I have one down for this year!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  9:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing. This is something I will be doing this year.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  9:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Tracy! I looked at the site, and my state is not on it, so somebody is about to get an earful. Of all places not to participate-- just about everyone knits in Portland!
I know I am going to do some, and if our local doesn't want to join, I will send them to another state, though at least my son's team should be sporting the colors. He has been playing sports year-round for about 17 years, usually with the same group of friends.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  04:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Awesome! i have a friend who does this every year and now that I know how to crochet, I can get involved!! Would be a great thing to start up with our homeschool group too as a service project (meaning the moms...I don't know if any of the kids know how yet!) :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  09:39:04 AM  Show Profile
What a great project, Tracy! Having volunteered with state/local special olympics...I love the kids' enthusiasm! Can't wait to start on this! I never heard of this project..and Iowa is in on the program! Thanks for sharing!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  4:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting this, Tracy! Last year I made 4 for Colorado. Hoping to beat that number this year.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Scarves for Special Olympics Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page