Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Homesteading without a partner?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Homesteading without a partner? Next Topic
Page: of 3

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  06:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Kelley, your contribution rang a bell with me!!! I tried long and hard to get "used" to a dog. Never having been a "dog person", now, years later, I am still more scared of that animal than I am of any imagined or real intruder! The geese idea is great! And your parabel of the sheep and shepherd gave me much to think!

From this hour on I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Coming in way late to this topic -- I recently ordered "Country Women..." from Amazon.com (VERY used copy)and it came yesterday - I've been reading it, and it's really inspirational - and practical, if a little dated. I was really intrigued by the chainsaw part of it - we go through quite a bit of wood around here during the winters, and my husband has full wood-duty except for some splitting now and then, but he recently hurt his back, and this just might give me the confidence to fire up that big ol' orange monster. It seems to contrary to that lovely country quiet life that I like, but it really is an integral part of the WARM, lovely, country life! Anyway, I just wanted to say that there were several other used copies out there on Amazon.com, and I am finding it really worthwhile and a good read.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Homesteading without a partner? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page