Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Stubborn stains and Bathroom cleaner...help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Stubborn stains and Bathroom cleaner...help? Next Topic  

pixiedra
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Oklahoma
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  08:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Lately, I have stained two of my newly purchased articles of clothing that I would like to keep in my wearable pile.

One is a ribbed tank top that has grease splatters and one is a pair of cargo shorts that my cousins threw plums at me in (don't ask) and got plum all over the shorts. The shorts have been washed and the tank hasn't.

Laundresses with years of experience...help?

Also, I have a problem with having almost an always gross looking toilet due to...well, bowel issues, to put it kindly. Any tips on keeping the commode in order?

"You are you. Now isn't that pleasant?" Dr. Seuss

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  12:39:37 PM  Show Profile
I find that using plain old Dawn dishwashing liquid on the grease stain will usually do the trick. And don't know if it would work but I had a grape kool aid stain on a blouse once that came out with of all things men's shaving cream. Read that somewhere and thought I'd give it a try with the kool aid stain and was very please to know it works!

Hope these help.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  11:25:20 AM  Show Profile
I've used men's shaving cream also. Cheap shampoo takes grease out of clothes really well. Just pour some on the spot, let it sit for a while, and wash in machine as usual.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  06:51:26 AM  Show Profile
I use a mix of Dawn dishwashing liquid, ammonia, and water. I put them in a spray bottle and spray on all the stains my 8 year old little boy gets. Depending on the stain, it may take a few washes but it always gets them out. Even old stains that have been through the wash a few times.

Good luck getting the stains out of your clothes!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  07:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Have you tried keeping a watering can of water in the bathroom to give the toilet an extra rinse when there are bowel issues? Other than that I would recommend using the toilet brush right after. If it doesn't get rinsed off or scrubbed off right away it is so much harder to clean.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:53:53 PM  Show Profile
If the bowl seems permanently stained, even after it's been scrubbed, a great little trick is to get one of those pumice stones (like you use on your feet) and scrape at the stains. This works well for mineral staining issues, and for whatever scientific reason, it doesn't scrape the bowl.

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com
http://farmmade.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=9&p=catalog&mode=vendor&vid=66

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Stubborn stains and Bathroom cleaner...help? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page