Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Recipe for Spray For Laminate Flooring/Mop?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Recipe for Spray For Laminate Flooring/Mop? Next Topic  

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  1:31:08 PM  Show Profile
I have just tried this new recipe-
1/3 vinegar, 1/3 alcohol, 1/3 water, a few drops dish soap, on my lmainate flooring.
I tired something similar, just vinegar and water, but it's still a bit hazy, smeary. I used a spray bottle. I tired covering my microfiber mop (cheap from Wmart) with a handtowel this time, worked better. Any ideas? The flooring is new from this spring. I think the original store bought stuff (yuck!) is washed off by now.... Would like shiny floors!

Be the change...

http://littlehomesteadinboise.blogspot.com/

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, We put in Pergo floors 9 years ago in my kitchen. I found that Swiffer cleaners made them very hazy and eventually stick. Vinegar and water didn't work, nor did the formula you just tried. I finally bought the Haan steam cleaning mop that uses water only and it does a superb job on this floor and the new Pergo floor we put in our library. The trick is to move quickly and NEVER let the mop rest in one place while cleaning the floor. The Haan steam mop comes with a thick resting pad to set the mop on when you are done cleaning.

Best of luck to you finding what works best for your floor!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  09:33:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks. Hadn't thought of that. We don't have Pergo, don't know if that makes a difference? We were also looking for a low cost cleaning system...

Be the change...

Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  11:52:50 PM  Show Profile
I use a shark steam mop that I bought at Target for less than $50.00 and love it! It too only uses water and It comes with 4 soft cotton attachments that you just throw in the washer when dirty.
Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  12:02:39 AM  Show Profile
And all that moisture won't hurt the laminate? I know our laminate info said no water, period....

Be the change...

Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  09:15:08 AM  Show Profile
I haven't had any problems. As an earlier post said, the trick is to keep the mop moving. What little moisture there is dries pretty quickly. They also make a hand held one to use on counter tops, glass and mirrors without having to use any chemicals...only water.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Recipe for Spray For Laminate Flooring/Mop? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page