Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 You know you've gone Farmgirl when...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know you've gone Farmgirl when... Next Topic
Page: of 3

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  10:39:17 AM  Show Profile
When I just don't care what "everyone else" thinks!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:16:04 AM  Show Profile
When I drive our 84 Chevy truck loaded with sacks of cow feed to the feed lot, and the cows nearly out run my husband opening the gate. It is a normal day for us. Love it.

http://myramblingcountryheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  4:18:46 PM  Show Profile
LOVE THIS TOPIC!

when a dirty pickup and cowboy hat still turns your head

when you find your two year old squatting like a pro in the front yard (there goes the neighborhood!)

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Meg, I love your description of a farmgirl. Kids do the darnedest things!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  5:54:11 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE this thread!!

You know you're a farmgirl when...

...all your Christmas gifts come from the thrift store or, if you're really feeling fancy, Tractor Supply!
...you finally had to replace your leather gloves because you wore them out.
...you big city relatives come to the last family get together, and say to you (while looking down their nose) "So...um, are you, like becoming Amish or something?" ;)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  6:25:04 PM  Show Profile
-OK.. this is a bit racy...
BUT, you check out the "Hot" Amish guys, you know the single ones without the beards,
like most girls check out Brad Pitt or whoever..
Sorry, but a tanned 20 something Amish guy with sun streaked blonde hair.. I'm just saying....
& I am ashamed.. as I am 51.
-Also have to echo the love of TSC, just went there today, & drooled over the Ariat Fatbabies, bought 2 more muck buckets on sale, & felt satisfied as I left.
-& the thing you are most worried about someone taking from your garage (which seems to always be open) is your ample stash of canning jars.

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  6:30:50 PM  Show Profile
LOL Lisa! Too funny about the Amish guys. My husband always says "Yep, my farmgirl is gonna leave me for an Amish Man. He has his own farm (which we don't yet) and he can wear a beard (my hubby can't because of his job)." LOL!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  8:50:52 PM  Show Profile
I've read thru this again just to end my night on a good note.

Sleep well sisters!

Judy
Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Very real thought yesterday: Hubby and I are planning to move almost 1500 miles east to buy a farm... and I don't like to move a lot of junk so I like to fit only the things that *really* matter in the smallest Uhaul I can manage. We've discussed craigslisting our antique queen size solid wood pedestal bed, the washer, the dryer, the plasma flat screen-- but as I realized I was going to need to amend the soil to garden in the Ozarks, I wondered if and how I could bring my compost with us!!
I had the urge to leave behind a 52" flat screen television.... but BRING horse sh!t!!!!! ROFLMAO

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  04:41:22 AM  Show Profile
when a fun Saturday is the hubby and son take off to browse gun stores and daughter and I shop the thrift stores. I love this topic. Jen where in the Ozarks are you heading? We have plenty of compost no need to bring any.lol. Wait till you see how well our gardens grow rocks. NO matter how many years you remove them each springs tilling will give you a brand new crop!lol
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  05:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lisa - thank you so much for the early morning laugh out loud! That's hysterical - and also understandable. I don't live around any Amish, but, hmmmm, maybe I should think about moving... And I'm older than you! Who knew Mrs. Robinson went farmgirl!?! Coo Coo Ka Choo... Too funny. Thanks again. What a great way to start the day! Love you all for making me smile and my day a little brighter.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  5:23:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smiley

when a fun Saturday is the hubby and son take off to browse gun stores and daughter and I shop the thrift stores. I love this topic. Jen where in the Ozarks are you heading? We have plenty of compost no need to bring any.lol. Wait till you see how well our gardens grow rocks. NO matter how many years you remove them each springs tilling will give you a brand new crop!lol

Missouri Lea, My hubby is in school for his Paramedic and we're getting out of dodge as soon as he's finished. :) We're looking by Springfield and South of Rolla (Licking, Houston etc, wherever he is offered work first.
I'm farming in the desert as it is so I'm not too frightened.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  6:06:18 PM  Show Profile
When I have a brain-splitting headache and am out cleaning stalls instead of laying down for it to "go away".
When I "visit" my animals every hour in the barnyard to make sure they have enough water, shade, shelter, bug spray.
When I "talk" with the bees gathering pollen off my flowers.
When I'm at my friends house and we start talking about chickens antics while others who are not farmgirls roll their eyes and say "ewwww"

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  8:07:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BalancingAct

When I "visit" my animals every hour in the barnyard to make sure they have enough water, shade, shelter, bug spray.

Phew, I was worried I was the only one who would disappear to "check on" the animals for no real reason. It's kinda like being a mom and doing a walk through the kid's bedroom while they sleep at night just to make sure they're all still breathing! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  11:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
For me I knew I had gone Farmgirl when....I was a girl...lol...I tried to fit in with the other girls but never did.
.....I help butcher chickens, cows and pigs as a young girl.
.....I worked in the garden instead of going to the mall.
.....I wore homemade clothes and was proud of it even when the other girls in school called me poor.
.....and so much more way back then, but NOW.
.....When I would rather look through magazines for heirloom seeds instead of clothes and shoes.
.....When paying for magazines that have to do with gardening, hunting and such...Mother Earth News use to be my favorite that was until I got my first issue of MaryJane Farm this week.
.....When my favorite things now are canning, gardening and just sitting on the front porch watching the hummingbirds or my horses.
And when people I know and my family start calling me Countrygirl all the time....I'm so proud to be a FARMGIRL and so happy to be part MJF....Penny
P.S Oh and also when my DH said that I act like a giddy little school girl when I walk my garden and get so excited when each little plant pokes its head up and again when they start producing..he said he has never seen anyone get so excited about that...I love to see the results of my labor...I feel like a new momma with each one...

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

So Keep Smiling!

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jul 29 2011 11:07:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know you've gone Farmgirl when... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page