Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ROUND #3 HEART SHAPED YOYO SWAP- NOW CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ROUND #3 HEART SHAPED YOYO SWAP- NOW CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 5

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  06:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Linda, for the adorable y~ys. They are so well done and the colors are beautiful.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com

Edited by - bobbinrobin on Aug 14 2011 06:08:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  06:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Linda , I love the yo-yos you made. My daughter took one, so she must have liked them too!
Hugs,
Farmgirl #1983
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile

Thank you Susan and Judith your yo-yos are wonderful :)
Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  2:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Two sets of heart yos came in the mail today . . . one from Susan Harmon with a sweet note, and one from Judith with teabag, buttons, a feather and other goodies. The yos are fun to receive but I'm lovin' the personal touches from my farmgirl friends.

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  4:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I received yo yo's today from Elaine and Susan. Thank you they are beautiful...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  5:04:59 PM  Show Profile
SusanHarmon, yo-yo's arrived today! I'll never get my center holes that tight! Sigh..I will have to try Peg's tutorial. What a terrific Monday! Loved the colors...oooh, there are so many from you ladies when I put them all together!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  5:23:30 PM  Show Profile

Today, I got these pretty YoYo's from Susan H. White.

You gals are doing so well on this Swap! I had another gal ask me to
show her how to make them so she can join our next swap. Now I am glad
Penny Got me Working Up a Tutorial this round. It is on my Blog.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  1:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello All My YoYo Mama's...Just wanted to let you know I finally got all mine mailed out today.

But I forgot to mention what the Silver Heart Button (round with lots of hearts) was all about. It is a very expensive antique button
made in Austria. Several of you who wanted buttons...I sewed yours on a heart but about 90% of you I just enclosed it as an
extra in a small bag for you to use how ever you want. But they are special buttons that just spoke to my heart about the bond of
Friendship we have all established through our YoYo Swaps. Hope you enjoy them and know that they are from my heart to yours.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  2:57:44 PM  Show Profile
I hope I was lucky enough to get a silver heart button from you Peg

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to get the hearts from you now Peggy.
How very thoughtful !
Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  5:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, received your yo-yos yesterday. Such beautiful colors. Thank you

Susan Harmon White
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:16:36 PM  Show Profile

Yeah Penny...look at those YoYo's farmgirl! You Rock! They look Awesome!!
Thank you so much! Are you addicted yet???? :+)

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, thank you, thank you Peggy, I really enjoyed making them, not to bad for my first ones either...thanks for all your help.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

751 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
751 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  6:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Great job Penny ! Love the yo-yos!

Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  5:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Judith, thank you so much for the wonder envelope full of beautiful things. The yo yo's are beautiful..I think you did a great job and love the buttons.The card is wonderful, the wax butterfly is just wonderful..I sure could have used it when I was making the yo yo's but it is to beautiful to use. I can't wait to try the tea. I love hot tea in the evening and this is one I have never seen before. I love the little folders you put them in too. And oh I can't tell you how much I love the needle with the bead and feathers...You really put alot into this swap...thank you so much..it is greatly appreciated.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  5:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait to get all my yo yo's together and take one picture. I can't wait for the mail everyday...just to see who's came...it is like Christmas...thanks you ladies for all that ya'll have done to make me feel like a little kid again...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  5:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Peggy for the adorable yo~yos I received today. Oh ... and thank you for the special button you included. Love it! xxxooo, S

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com

Edited by - bobbinrobin on Aug 19 2011 05:34:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Penny, so glad you liked your yo-yo's and pkg. I feel like a "little mkid" putting then together. I received your yo-yo's today! What a variety! They turned out just beautiful, and much better than my first ones. I hope you are hooked now too! lol

Susan Harmon & SissyQuilts, yours are all packed up and ready to mail tomorrow.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  09:03:02 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I received your yo-yo's today! Love them individually...one with music, watermelon...each so bright and cheerful! And, that silver button..I feel like "I've got the golden ticket". As my daughter would say, "pretty, pretty!" That will go for something special. Thanks again for hosting this swap! You are a (purple or red) gem!

Sissy and Susan Harmon...mission accomplished..your hearts are in the mail.

Can't wait to get to town for camera batteries and post a picture of my goody yo-yo's!

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  09:35:08 AM  Show Profile
A great big THANKS to Judith, you made this an extra special swap, thanks for all the buttons and the feather and pin, and the yoyo's were great!

Thank-You Susan, your yoyo's were great! I really like the colors!

And A big thanks for the first timer Penny, you did a great job, isn't it fun to get to know one another and for one farmgirl to help another learn something you did not know how to do?
You yoyo's were just fine and the colors great!

To the others who have not received from me, they will be in the mail on Monday, in the middle of this my son got married, and I hosted the reception of 60 people at my house, and with all the stuff that gets done around a wedding, I have took a coupla of days, and then I am a caregiver and my aunt had a colonoscopy so I have been busy with her. All I need to add is buttons for you all. Have a great weekend! Linda

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  09:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, yep addicted...lol...why oh why did I start this...jk...thanks Peggy for forcing my hand and making me join #3 swap instead of waiting for #4..lol...jk again......like that about ya....couldn't have done it without you and your tutorial you did for me...I hope other newbies will look at your blog and see how easy they are in join in our next yo yo swap..

Linda, I am so glad you liked them. And yes it is great to get to know everyone.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 19 2011 09:38:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey YoYo Mama's...I have to share a tip with all of you. I had two pretty buttons that came in a bunch from the
antique store I love to go to. Well, when I went to sew them on the backs were busted and the thread just came
right on through the button...so, since they were for me...I thought I am just going to try hot gluing them on.
Wal-La, it worked great and the glue didn't soak through the fabric. I wouldn't recommend this method for all
your YoYo Hearts but if you do find a button without a backing and want to use it...hot glue does work. :+)

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  10:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Elanine (embchicken), your yo-yo's arrived today! Yippee! I immediately thought of serbert colors. Very Pretty! Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  8:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Peggy, I got your yo yo's today...oh my I love them and the buttons you put on them and the silver button is wonderful...hopefully I will post a pic tomorrow. I can't get over all the different wonderful buttons, Thank you, thank you, thank you..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  05:48:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Penny for the great heart y¢¾~y¢¾s. Hard to believe this is your first attempt. You're an old pro now.

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ROUND #3 HEART SHAPED YOYO SWAP- NOW CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page