sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  1:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I just received my 1st patch for beginners quilting. I've down loaded it and it is black & white. I need help. What do I do now? I've tried finding completed patches but can't seem to find my way. Can someone help?

Susan

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  05:26:42 AM  Show Profile
most embroder theirs with different colored threads.....add things like buttons, ribbons ect...its whatever you want to do it with it...there is no wrong way to decorate it the way you want...Mine will be tea dyed & added to a country skirt....no colors or fancy threads on mine...:)Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile
I just downloaded a badge myself and I can't wait to sew it on my apron. I love that I can put it on any material and add any details (beads, sequins, embroidery, the date) that I want. I view it as an opportunity for creativity. Here is what the "official" instructions are:

You'll also either print out the badge design onto fabric (some printers have an option for this) or print it onto paper and transfer it to a fabric piece. For example, the Knitting Merit Badge will have a drawing of a skein of yarn and knitting needles inside a hexagon shape. (These badges will all be hexagonal like our membership badges. However, they will be slightly smaller.) After you have your badge design on fabric, you can then embroider the central design and the dashed line around it. You'll also notice a very faint line on the badge outside of the dashed line. Use this faint line as a guide to the outside edge of your badge. If you want an unfinished edge to your badge, which will fray in true farmgirl style, you'll simply cut along the faint line. If you want to turn under the edge of your badge and hem it for a finished look, just cut it out 1/4" outside the faint line, then turn under the edge along the faint line and stitch the hem. (You'll also want to cut it out 1/4" outside the faint line if you're putting multiple badges together for a pillow top or quilt top.) Then, as your skill level progresses and you complete the tasks in the Intermediate Level of the Knitting category, youfll apply again, and when approved, youfll denote your increased prowess by adding another line of embroidery or stitching on your badge in the color of your choice 1/8" outside your first line of embroidery or stitching. When you complete all the tasks in the Expert Level, youfll apply again, and when approved, youfll add a third line of embroidery or stitching in the color of your choice about 1/8 out from your Intermediate Level line of stitching. (If our original instructions weren't clear enough and you've done your badges another way, don't worry - it all works!)

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilting patch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page